South East Region Regional Board for South East Members.

F-body Gathering G-15 Atlanta, Ga.

Search this Thread

Old 04-24-2011, 09:59 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Car: 91 Camaro RS
Engine: 305
Transmission: 700-R4
Axle/Gears: 373
Re: F-body Gathering G-15 Atlanta, Ga.

We have signed up, plan to be there. Getting a rebuilt tranny this week, and hope to have it in the car before the trip. Don't think the car would make it there and back from Memphis without it, but then again, the car did surprise me by making it 312k miles on the original engine.

Look forward to seeing everyone there, and meeting ppl in person.
Old 04-25-2011, 02:42 AM
Supreme Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Car: 86WS6 30K and 82WS7 24K
Engine: 86:305 TPI, 82: 305 LG4
Transmission: 86:700R4, 82: T200C
Axle/Gears: 86:3:27 9 bolt, 82: 3:23 10 bolt

Good luck on your transmission rebuild!
Old 04-25-2011, 05:56 AM

Originally Posted by 86WS6
Good luck on your transmission rebuild!
Oh I am not doing it myself, lol. I have it sent to TCI. Having the 700R4 rebuilt, put a shift kit in it, the new Corvette Servo (or whatever it is called, lol) and adding a 2000 stall to it. Right now, the car just has the original tranny with a shift kit in it, and I drive it about 50 miles one way to work everyday.
Old 04-25-2011, 03:23 PM

Car: 88 IROC Convertible
Engine: 305 TPI
Transmission: M5
Axle/Gears: 9-bolt 3.45

I'm registered, and have the canopy, clipboards, pencils, and judging sheets ready to go. I already committed to park Ragged in the Rev Zone with High Octane, but plan on having a few beverages with my fellow third genners.
Let's try to set a third gen attendance record this year!
Old 05-04-2011, 07:32 PM

This will be my first one I have made it to. I am looking forward to it. Just wish my car looked better before this trip, but oh well.
Old 05-05-2011, 08:42 AM

Car: 91 Z28
Transmission: 700r4
Axle/Gears: 3.42

add me to the list- just registered. will be my first fbody gathering, and first show with this car.

is the parking lot setup so that you have areas to put up the instant shade canopies? or do they not allow them? some places do and some don't.
Old 05-06-2011, 12:36 AM
Supreme Member

Originally Posted by lawdog49
add me to the list- just registered. will be my first fbody gathering, and first show with this car.

is the parking lot setup so that you have areas to put up the instant shade canopies? or do they not allow them? some places do and some don't.
Good Luck! Either way you will enjoy the Gathering.

They allow canopies. They require you to tie your canopy down so that the wind does not blow it on top of one of the cars. Obviously the hotel will not allow us to drive tent stakes through the pavement. Most people use five gallon buckets full of sand to tie their canopies to.

We are just about ready. Amanda got her brand new Delco battery a couple of weeks ago. I could not stand to bring her to another Gathering with that Wally World battery in her engine bay. The nice folks at Smoky Mountain Chevrolet in Franklin gave me a discount on the battery when they found out that it was going in an 86 Trans AM.

SM Chevolet have two of those 2011 Camaro ZZ2's in the showroom, one in black and the other in silver. Both of them with five hundred and something horsepower. If I win the Powerball this month, I am bringing one of those things to the Gathering also. I know, they are not thirdgens...

Is it Memorial Weekend yet?
Old 05-06-2011, 06:13 AM

Car: GM Stuff
Engine: Black and Decker Aquarium pump
Transmission: AM/FM
Axle/Gears: Are you talking about my GEAR?

SM Chevolet have two of those 2011 Camaro ZZ2's in the showroom, one in black and the other in silver. Both of them with five hundred and something horsepower. If I win the Powerball this month, I am bringing one of those things to the Gathering also. I know, they are not thirdgens...

Is it Memorial Weekend yet?

Better have a douche-suit on standby just in case- You'll want to blend with the rest of the 5th gen ****...
Old 05-06-2011, 06:50 AM

Received 8 Likes on 6 Posts
Engine: 305 TPI conversion.
Transmission: T56
Axle/Gears: 3.73 posi 4th gen rear

I officially registered and reserved the room. Im bringing the car, canopy, and weekend fun accesories. Ill be coming from the Savannah area on thursday..
Old 05-06-2011, 08:14 AM
Supreme Member

Originally Posted by 02 WS6 TA
Better have a douche-suit on standby just in case- You'll want to blend with the rest of the 5th gen ****...
Hi Travis,

You know that I am a diehard thirdgen owner. Amanda is number 4. I am also a car guy. There is nothing wrong with admiring the new models. The popularity of the 5th gen Camaros only boosts the popularity of all generations of Camaro and Firebird cars. The 5th gens pay tribute to the 69 Camaro, the great-grand-daddy of all of our cars. Since the 5th gens were released, all previous F body cars have enjoyed a resurgence, even though someone here will remind me that 5th gens are not F bodies.

Back in high school we all defined our friends and clic's by the cars we drove. Often those cars were hand-me-down family cruisers like a Rambler Wagon, or mom's grocery getter Vega, or maybe even a Gremlin. Some of the children of wealthy parents recieved a 69 Z-28, or a Mach I. I am old enough to remember when those cars were new in the showrooms. I also remember those owners being just as snooty as you say the 5th gen people are .

The rest of us were lucky to get grandma's Chrysler, and proud to have it. I had a 1960 Chevy wagon with a 348, three speed on a tree that I bought from a neighbor for $350.00 that I earned cutting grass, delivering papers, and dumping trash at the school cafeteria. I just wanted a car, and that was what I could afford. When I blew up the 348, my autoshop class and I installed a used 409 from a former City of Cocoa garbage truck. We mated it with a Muncie 4 speed with a Hurst shifter. Then everyone sang Shes So Fine, My 409 every morning when my sister and I arrived at school. It was the classic rust bucket surfer wagon, but it was mine.

Most of us grew up. Some of us worked hard and bought what we wanted as adults.

Grow up Travis! Most of the time you are a funny guy, but this comes accross as whiny. You may be a high school teacher, but sorry to inform you are no longer a high schooler...

If you have a change of heart and decide to attend G-15 to put up with all of those awful 5th gen owners, let me know and I will put the Heart Beat of America license plate back on the F-350 in your honor. I still have your Blue Oval hat ready. I believe that we are going to have a memorable showing of thirdgens at G-15.

Travis, as for me bringing a 5th gen, you don't have much to worry about. What are the odds of winning the lottery? I am just an old fat fart with a brain tumor and a failing heart. It does not hurt to dream a little... Just so you know, if I do win the Powerball, not only am I going to buy one of those ZZ2 thingy's, may in ****** yellow with a stick shift, but I am also going to get one of those 800HP Super Snake Shelby's. I knew you'd like that one...

If the Good Lord is willing and the creeks don't rise, Betty and I will be at G-15. Amanda the 86WS6 is ready for her weekend in the sunshine. I am looking forward to seeing all of the fine and not so fine examples of all gens, from the oldies to the sometimes snooty 5th gens. We are all car people at heart. Its all good. Maybe someone will bring an original Iron Duke 4 cylinder... Love to see one.!
Old 05-06-2011, 08:16 AM

Blah, Blah, Blah... That novel you typed doesn't change the fact that after 13 years of Gathering, I would tend to believe I have more experience in the area than you. Had you been around back when, you'd understand why I'm ticked at the stuffy nature of the antisocial new attendees. You may now resume the nutswinging.
Old 05-06-2011, 05:12 PM
Supreme Member

Originally Posted by 02 WS6 TA
Blah, Blah, Blah... That novel you typed doesn't change the fact that after 13 years of Gathering, I would tend to believe I have more experience in the area than you. Had you been around back when, you'd understand why I'm ticked at the stuffy nature of the antisocial new attendees. You may now resume the nutswinging.
Experience or not, you obviously have not learned anything.

I purchased my first thirdgen in September 1982, and have experienced the whole thirdgen stepchild era.

It is obvious why you work with children. You are unable to interact with adults on a mature level. Your loss.

Maybe it is not that the 5th gen folks are stuffy. Maybe it is the fact that you get drunk, show out, pass out on the elevators, and start the day off at 6AM with open exhaust at 6K RPM. The Gatherings are no longer Travis' personal playground. Poor baby! And you try to turn it into a 5th gen owners vs 3rdgen owners thing...

If you think the Gatherings are no longer an event that you enjoy attending, don't try to ruin the event for all of those hardworking folks who make it happen without fail every year. And don't try to ruin it for those who are attending for the first time. The rest of us know that it is BS.
Old 05-07-2011, 06:35 AM

Experience or not, you obviously have not learned anything.

I purchased my first thirdgen in September 1982, and have experienced the whole thirdgen stepchild era.

It is obvious why you work with children. You are unable to interact with adults on a mature level. Your loss.

Maybe it is not that the 5th gen folks are stuffy. Maybe it is the fact that you get drunk, show out, pass out on the elevators, and start the day off at 6AM with open exhaust at 6K RPM. The Gatherings are no longer Travis' personal playground. Poor baby! And you try to turn it into a 5th gen owners vs 3rdgen owners thing...

If you think the Gatherings are no longer an event that you enjoy attending, don't try to ruin the event for all of those hardworking folks who make it happen without fail every year. And don't try to ruin it for those who are attending for the first time. The rest of us know that it is BS.

Charles... Kiss my *** dude, really. You're too stupid to realize I'm not a teacher, it was Lee who's famous for elevator sleeping, and You have never so much as seen my car, so you only heard stories of my infamous 6 am Parade laps. And, as for those folks who make it happen every year, I've got a decade of cheerleading under my belt calling, posting, topping, not to menion cash out of pocket to support the event as a sponsor (guess what, PCLSx isbn't a vendor- that's right... Just me, and my gang... No chance to profit from...) You don't know ****. I've forgotten more about what I've done to promote this show than you'll ever do for it, or any other. Get off you high horse trying to belittle me, or my group. We gave it one final chance last year, after being sorely disappointed at 13. Here's a news flash... YOU are part of the problem as we all see it- Yeah, you. Take your attempted fatherly wisdom and stuff it right up your ***- Along with gathering. That show didn't make it 15 years with douchecanoes like you supporting it, it was hardcore enthusiasts that bred it. Don't talk to me like I'm some idiot- The only idiotic thing I ever did was beg you to attend back at 13.
Old 05-07-2011, 08:06 AM

Car: 1985 Pontiac Trans Am
Engine: 305 (5.0L) TPI
Transmission: 700R4
Axle/Gears: 9 Bolt Borg Warner Posi-traction

What's wrong with 5th gen Camaros?
If I had the cash I'd get one of those new ZL1 Camaros
I am very excited about meeting all of you at the show, I have attended other small shows, but never one this big. I'm excited

P.S. you two need to stop this argument, your are ruining the thread!
I would like to see everyone there.

Last edited by Rickey_85TA; 05-07-2011 at 08:49 AM.
Old 05-07-2011, 03:43 PM
Supreme Member

Originally Posted by Rickey_85TA
What's wrong with 5th gen Camaros?
If I had the cash I'd get one of those new ZL1 Camaros
I am very excited about meeting all of you at the show, I have attended other small shows, but never one this big. I'm excited

P.S. you two need to stop this argument, your are ruining the thread!
I would like to see everyone there.
Hi Ricky,

Nice 85 TA! It will be good to meet all of the new folks at the show also.

As for the argument with Travis, all you have to do is look back a couple of posts and see that the only thing I have been trying to do is hype up the Gathering and promote the show. Travis has choose to zoom in and attack the Gathering at every chance, attack this tread, and attack me for a lame, but harmless comment about admiring the new Camaros. He is angry about how he feels that the Gatherings are changing and is trying to sabotage it from every angle. There is nothing wrong with the new Camaros. They are just cars, nothing more and nothing less. They do tend to attract a more affluent type of buyer, as many of us, myself included, can't afford one. The only reason that I even looked at the cars, is that at G-14 they assigned me to judge some of the 2010's, and I figured that it will be a good idea to know what I am looking at. This is the first time that Travis and I have had cross words, and would not have had words now, except that he chooses to attack the Gathering and anyone trying promote it, or trying to have a good time there. Frankly I just got sick of it, and let him have it. There is one in every crowd. I am not going to react to his crap any more. He can have the last word. It is irrelevent. Sorry that you and everyone else had to bear witness to such childish behavior from both of us. If he is done with the Gatherings, then he needs to move on to something that suits him better. I am actually surpised the that the mods have not treatened to lock the tread.

As for the Gatherings, if this is your first, you will be impressed. Its a very friendly group. Lots of diversity with interests, and varied ages of participants. We all bring something different to the mix. There are diehard professional racers, racer wanabe's, collectors, restorers, and familys who just enjoy the car hobby. Its all good. While you are at G-15 take time to meet the people who make it happen. They are a great bunch of folks.

I know that TGO is just a message board, however since we have a group, do we want to compete in any of the club activities at the Gathering? You all tke a look at what is going on over at the G-15 site, and lets get some ideas brewing.
Old 05-07-2011, 08:11 PM

Amen, Lord Filibuster.
Old 05-07-2011, 08:11 PM
Supreme Member

I have one of those all white 10 x 20 canopys that I can bring for the TGO group if anyone thinks that it would be useful? It is very heavy and looks real nice. If we want to fool with this thing, it will take three of us to assemble it. Is is worth the costs and bother to have a TGO banner made? Does anyone know a source to purchase a 10 x 10 Ez-up canopy with a Pontiac, Firebird, or Trans AM Logo on it. I have done several searches, and can fine everything but Pontiac stuff. We will be arriving Thursday and leaving on Monday. We will drive down from western NC Wednesday and go to see a relative in Carrolton GA Wednesday night. We will come back to Marietta mid day Thursday and check in. I have a 24 foot Pace trailer. If anyone has problems with their car around Atlanta and needs a haul in, let me know, and I can come and get you. There are always people at the Gatherings who will help you get your car running again. That offer is open providing you can stand to ride in an F-350. Cell 828-399-9580Charles
Old 05-07-2011, 09:52 PM

Car: 91 Z28
Transmission: 700r4

Charles, hope I can meet you while there. thanks for your input. I don't know how this thread turned into what it has, but I agree that I look forward to seeing and hanging out with folks interested in all generations. If I could have a 69, i would. I started with a 79 when I was 16, back in 86. Sounds like some aren't quite as old as we may be. I had several thrid gens, back when they were the current gen! I just finished looking at 3 pages of sub box building discussion threads, and had to laugh because I was building boxes and solving those issues back in the day- in the late 80's!! When car audio was really still taking baby steps. I had fun with 3rd gens, and have finally acquired another to have fun with. Bottom line for me, I would have one of each gen if I had the $$ and space.

Maybe a mod can chime in here if the thread continues to have responses that are juvenile and non-productive.
Old 05-07-2011, 10:15 PM
Supreme Member

Thanks for the compliment. I am looking forward to meeting everyone also. I should act my age and refrain from engaging in childish exchanges. I will act better in the future. Hopefully if I behave the mods will not have to intervene. My first F body was a 79 also. I bought it used from the local Honda dealership in Valdosta GA in 1980 with 15K miles on it. It was a spotless black and gold WS6 T-top factory AC car with the 400 Pontiac engine and a 4 speed manual transmission. It seems that some parent bought the car for their 16 year-old boy, and realized very quickly that it was a mistake. The poor kid got a Honda as a replacement. We had two kids in diapers, so I should have my head examined for ever buying the car, then for selling that car. The wife drove it mostly, and I got to drive the Colony Park wagon with the car seats. At least I owned half of it for a while.
Old 05-07-2011, 10:36 PM
Supreme Member

Received 71 Likes on 47 Posts
Car: 1991 Firebird
Engine: 3.1L V6

Thanks for the compliment. I am looking forward to meeting everyone also. I should act my age and refrain from engaging in childish exchanges. I will act better in the future.
I was going to comment several times but decided it wasn't worth it. BTW, I will be bringing a "cookie cake" that looks like my car as he mentioned.
Old 05-07-2011, 10:44 PM

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts
Car: '85 Z28
Engine: LS1
Axle/Gears: 3.23 posi

I sent in a late entry, but Jenna and I shall be making it again. Lawdog, Klawin Eagle and anyone new I've missed, I'll be looking forward to seeing you and the new thirds there. Tony, Charles and others, looking forward to catching up. Jason for sure will not be coming again
Old 05-07-2011, 11:32 PM
Supreme Member

Originally Posted by Dmans85
I sent in a late entry, but Jenna and I shall be making it again. Lawdog, Klawin Eagle and anyone new I've missed, I'll be looking forward to seeing you and the new thirds there. Tony, Charles and others, looking forward to catching up. Jason for sure will not be coming again
Hi Brian, Glad you all are planning to attend. Kidnap Jason and bring him with you.. Just kidding.
Old 05-08-2011, 08:08 AM
Supreme Member

I decided to purchase a banner. It is 2 feet tall and 5 feet wide.
Old 05-08-2011, 11:15 AM

im bringing my 10x10 canopy and camaro flag. ill be there thursday afternoon and looking forward to seeing everyone, and all generations of fbodys. esp. third gens!
Old 05-08-2011, 12:37 PM

Car: 92 RS
Transmission: T-5
Axle/Gears: 3.08

When is it and what's the registration fee? Nevermind guys I found the site won't be able to make its a work weekend hope you all have fun and a good time.

Last edited by green92; 05-08-2011 at 01:03 PM.
Old 05-08-2011, 03:43 PM
Supreme Member

Originally Posted by green92
When is it and what's the registration fee? Nevermind guys I found the site won't be able to make its a work weekend hope you all have fun and a good time.
Thanks for the good wishes!

Thats is a fine looking car! It would look great parked with all the other thirdgens.

Call in sick from work?

Last edited by 86WS6; 05-08-2011 at 03:45 PM. Reason: spelling
Old 05-08-2011, 08:41 PM

I'm looking at the possibility of coming down Friday morning. Will only be able to hang out a couple hbours then have to come back. Which isn't bad since its only a two hour drive, and I will be driving my car down of course maybe ill bump into you some of you guys if it works out.
Old 05-08-2011, 10:33 PM

Car: 91 & 88 GTA, 89 Formy, 89 bird
Engine: 3 - 350 TPI, 305 TBI
Transmission: All 700R4's
Axle/Gears: unknown

Well it is getting closer. I registered and have hotel reserved. I am changing an engine out in my 89 Camaro, but unfortunately I am afraid it won't be ready for a 8 hour drive by the end of may. A friend of mine fractured his leg and is laid up for a while-so I have been helping him on his 73 ls1 camaro project for the last 3 weekends instead of working on mine. I will be there with my 93 T/A.

I have read all the threads since I posted last. The cars are a common interest that creats friendships. The friendships are much more important than the cars will ever be, in my opinion. This "mine is better than yours" stuff is just that - stuff! I had a great time last year and am looking forward to having a great time this year. I am looking forward to putting a face to some of these screen names as well. Next year I should have a choice between 2 3rd gens to bring.
Old 05-08-2011, 10:40 PM
Supreme Member

Received 47 Likes on 34 Posts
Car: 1991 Camaro B4C

Originally Posted by Dmans85
Brian, what day are you heading up there? Haven't registered yet myself, gotta make sure work will let me go! If I can, it'll be a Friday AM departure for me.
Old 05-08-2011, 10:41 PM
Supreme Member

Gottobekidding, well said! We are all just car hobby people.It is good that you have the 93 as an alternative to drive while your thirdgen is not on the road. I'll be looking forward to meeting you and seeing your 93 TA.

Last edited by 86WS6; 05-08-2011 at 11:48 PM. Reason: clarification
Old 05-09-2011, 09:06 AM
Supreme Member

Lawdog49 asked me what color Amanda is, so here is a picture.

Name:  Picture029.jpg
Views: 25
Size:  127.5 KB

This is Amanda the 86WS6 on the Tail of the Dragon, US Highway 129 which is just a few miles from where we live. She is an original car with 29K miles. She is a WS6 and came with the cross laced wheels from the factory. Amanda is a t-top car with a 305 TPI. She also came equiped the the Perfomance Sound Option with the 70 Watt subwoofer amp and tiny factory subs in the sail panels. I am the second owner. The original owner Amanda Crowe was a renowned Cherokee Artist, Art Teacher, and car collector. Her works are on display at the Smithsonion in DC. She purchased the car from Harry's Pontiac in Asheville NC. Amanda is a true Rez car, which sort of blows away the stereotypes about Rez Riders. After Amanda Crowe passed away in 2004 I purchased the car from her family in 2005. It was a lucky find, and I a grateful to have the chance to care for this car for a few years. It seemed fitting to name the car after the original owner. Amanda's family says that she would have liked that. My goal for the car is that it will be preserved in as near original condition as possible. Stock thirdgens are becoming fewer everyday. Since the cars are plentiful and cheap, the average person tends to think of them as disposable. Techinically it is a driver, but does not get driven much.

Last edited by 86WS6; 05-09-2011 at 09:08 AM. Reason: Correct lLink
Old 05-11-2011, 08:29 PM
Supreme Member

Hi everyone, I spoke to Chad Poole, one of the organizers of G-15 via PM. They will be having a competetion and award for the best club/website/message board/group display at G-15. I requested a prime spot for a canopy. Attendance is up this year and space is a premium, however Chad told me that they will try and accomodate my request. I plan to bring my 10 x 20 canopy, and the banner that I purchased. The banner will inform attendees and other groups what group we belong to. As for anything resembling a display, I am at a loss. We could park a keg of beer and some chairs and call it done. Or maybe hire some Hooter's Girls to decorate the canopy. Maybe a wet tee shirt contests? Is this something that we want to persue? Ideas?
Old 05-12-2011, 07:28 PM
Supreme Member

The banner arrived today. It looks real nice, especially considering how little it costs. Got a coat of wax on Amanda. Is it Memorial Weekend yet?
Old 05-14-2011, 11:33 PM
Supreme Member

Car: 89RS(other cars & pics in vBgarage)
Engine: LO3, 305 TBI Mildly Modified
Transmission: BakerBuilt 700R4 w/B&M Megashifter
Axle/Gears: 3.23 Auburn Pro Series LSD

Hi Brian, Glad you all are planning to attend. Kidnap Jason and bring him with you.. Just kidding.

yea i got my flight to go up and spend 2 weeks with the grandparents and did not realize memorial day was in the middle of my trip , kinda funny tho, i was looking on my work calender to request friday off to go up there and i was like HUH?!?!?! im off that day allready????? oh crap ill be in maryland

worst part is i got the money and all to go this year

o well hope all of yall have fun post up pics ASAP so i can view them on my trip
Old 05-15-2011, 10:00 AM
Supreme Member

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
Car: 1991 Z28 convertible built 3/1/1990
Engine: Cammed 6.0L LSX
Axle/Gears: custom Ford 8.8", 4.10 gears

Travis, having seen you on Z28.com a LOT, I never realized how immature you were until the most recent posts of this thread... pretty lame dude...

I unfortunately won't be making it to G15 like I planned. My wife is finishing up the last of her college courses and being a part-time student we have to pay out of pocket instead of taking out a student loan. So that means that I'm going to ThirdGen Fest because it's about half the distance away and the cost for me will be significantly cheaper.... maybe next year!
Old 05-15-2011, 08:11 PM
Supreme Member

Car: 92 Z28
Axle/Gears: 3.73 10 bolt

Registered, Booked.. time to start cleaning
Old 05-15-2011, 08:19 PM
Supreme Member

Received 47 Likes on 34 Posts
Car: 1991 Camaro B4C

Well, looks like I'm in. Time to go register...
Old 05-16-2011, 06:45 AM

Originally Posted by BlueZee28
Travis, having seen you on Z28.com a LOT, I never realized how immature you were until the most recent posts of this thread... pretty lame dude...

I unfortunately won't be making it to G15 like I planned. My wife is finishing up the last of her college courses and being a part-time student we have to pay out of pocket instead of taking out a student loan. So that means that I'm going to ThirdGen Fest because it's about half the distance away and the cost for me will be significantly cheaper.... maybe next year!

I'm Immature, yet I've been there 13 times. Judge me after you get a few years under your belt with the new Attention Boar, Charles.
Old 05-16-2011, 01:19 PM

" I requested a prime spot for a canopy. Attendance is up this year and space is a premium, however Chad told me that they will try and accomodate my request. I plan to bring my 10 x 20 canopy, and the banner that I purchased. The banner will inform attendees and other groups what group we belong to. As for anything resembling a display, I am at a loss. We could park a keg of beer and some chairs and call it done. Or maybe hire some Hooter's Girls to decorate the canopy. Maybe a wet tee shirt contests? Is this something that we want to persue? Ideas? "

Anyone have any idea where we will be parking as a group? this may help in setting up. We are representing third gens and thirdgen.org. so lets bring all we got.

i also am bringing a canopy with chairs and a cooler. i remember at g13 there was a good amount of rain in the evening. the more canopies side by side, the more room to stay dry or out of the hot sun. ill have some extra fbody decorations ill bring. so if you got something or any idea, bring it on.

lets just get together, and have a good time. im bringing my family and im sure there will be alot of other family there as well. see you all in a 10 days..
Old 05-16-2011, 09:28 PM
Supreme Member

Tony, that sounds great! The Gathering staff should post a parking map on the website in a few days. I have only been to two gatherings. G-13 it rained. G-14 was HOT! At least when it rains the judges don't count off for water spots... Either way it will be cool to be there with everyone and all those cool F-bodys. Tony as for thirdgen display stuff, what sort of stuff do you have? I have a pretty fair collection of thirdgen models, 1:64, 1:24, and 1:18. The 1986 Pontiac dealer order manual for the whole Pontiac line, a dealer service manual for the 86 Firebird, and all the documentation for my car thanks to the Pontiac Historical Society. Yeah, I am pretty much a big kid that never grew up and proud of it. I never bring that stuff, because it is all small items, and I can't secure it.Travis, Andy and Chad say that you are more then welcome to come to G-15 if you want to be there. I would like nothing better then for us to quit bickering and call a truce. Everyone brings something different to the car hobby, and we are not all going to agree on how to persue it. We as car people, even the Blue Oval and Mopar people, should be standing together on the important issues, such as government regulations and things that affect the hobby as a whole.
Old 05-16-2011, 11:10 PM

Car: 91 & 88 GTA, 89 Formy, 89 bird
Engine: 3 - 350 TPI, 305 TBI
Transmission: All 700R4's
Axle/Gears: unknown

I will have a canopy as well. prolly have to park outside of you all.
Driving a fourth gen and all. As far as I know, there are only 2 of us from our local club attending this year.

".....and the banner that I purchased. ...." sounds good.
By the way, My day job is an automotive upholsterer. I take care of the upholstry in 5 and 6 figure fire trucks. Do you want anything made to promote thirdgen.org for your club display? I still got a couple weeks....

I just had a crazy idea. I may have a third gen to bring up - just maybe.......
Old 05-17-2011, 02:35 PM

Is there a place I can park and check out everything? I won't be there all weekend just a couple of hours. So there's no need for me to register.
Old 05-17-2011, 03:41 PM

i think its goig to be a great weekend. green92, pull up and park by us if theres room. even if your there a few hours..
Old 05-17-2011, 04:04 PM

Car: 1986 Trans AM

Originally Posted by CharcoalBird
I was going to comment several times but decided it wasn't worth it. BTW, I will be bringing a "cookie cake" that looks like my car as he mentioned.
Let me correct you there, I will be making and bringing a cake that looks like you car...
Old 05-17-2011, 06:29 PM
Supreme Member

Received 71 Likes on 47 Posts
Car: 1991 Firebird
Engine: 3.1L V6

Originally Posted by '85_Tribute
Let me correct you there, I will be making and bringing a cake that looks like you car...
What is there to correct? At least I didn't claim to be making it. Just bringing it. Thanks for making it though.. can't wait to see it.
Old 05-17-2011, 06:55 PM

Car: 1986 Trans AM

Originally Posted by CharcoalBird
Thanks for making it though.. can't wait to see it.
It's going to be epic... you wanted it hot pink right?

Don't forget to shoot me a picture of your rims.

Last edited by LTL_DMON; 05-17-2011 at 07:01 PM.
Old 05-17-2011, 07:14 PM
Supreme Member

Car: 89RS(other cars & pics in vBgarage)
Engine: LO3, 305 TBI Mildly Modified
Transmission: BakerBuilt 700R4 w/B&M Megashifter
Axle/Gears: 3.23 Auburn Pro Series LSD

, even the Blue Oval and Mopar people, should be standing together on the important issues, such as government regulations and things that affect the hobby as a whole.
Old 05-17-2011, 08:08 PM
Supreme Member

Originally Posted by green92
Is there a place I can park and check out everything? I won't be there all weekend just a couple of hours. So there's no need for me to register.
Hi Green92, The Gathering has strict regulations about folks parking in the show area who are not registered. Security ie: the Cobb County Police Dept, checks to see who has a G-15 decal on the windshield and if they find any car that is not registered they have it towed at the owner's expense. It can be real ugly! I would not want my thirdgen dragged out of a spot and onto a rollback with the brakes locked. It makes sense that you don't want to register to be there for a couple of hours, however if you want to bring your car into the show area, that is the only way to do it. There is plenty of parking around the hotel, and you are welcome to park there and walk over to the show area. I am sure that everyone will make a point to go a look at your car. I hope that rule does not affect you wanting to come even if for a couple of hours. Charles
Old 05-18-2011, 08:45 PM
Supreme Member

Car: 92 Z28
Axle/Gears: 3.73 10 bolt

There are usually a few rows right before the "show parking" starts that usually have some nice non camaro show cars parked there ie people stopping by to see the cars. Which would be a good place to park if you can find a spot. You can usually cruise through and stop for a minute, but I wouldn't leave your car unattended in the show car area for a long time. It's pretty relaxed though.

I will chip in for a Keg if you guys want to get one, otherwise I'll have plenty of beer... for me! Will bring a couple chairs and the fam will probably come by for a while and me and the wife are getting a room again on Saturday. Can't wait!
Old 05-18-2011, 09:46 PM

Well, I hope to see everyone there. I will be parked with the car club I am in, West Tennessee F-Body Association. I'll stop by and see everyone. I would love to be able to find someone that has the same type of T-tops that I have on my car. I haven't been able to find a single car with the same T-tops on them.

Quick Reply: F-body Gathering G-15 Atlanta, Ga.