Suspension and Chassis Questions about your suspension? Need chassis advice?

adj. lca. vs non adj. lca.

Old 05-24-2010, 08:13 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
adj. lca. vs non adj. lca.

i have never done any thing with a cars suspention but i was told that if i change my lca it will reduce my wheel hop. this is a budget build and was wondering if it was worth it to go adjustable or get the non-adjustable? thanks for the help.
Old 05-24-2010, 10:25 AM
Banned

Received 29 Likes on 23 Posts
Re: adj. lca. vs non adj. lca.

Originally Posted by camedout camaro
i have never done any thing with a cars suspention but i was told that if i change my lca it will reduce my wheel hop. this is a budget build and was wondering if it was worth it to go adjustable or get the non-adjustable? thanks for the help.
Hello
Yes going with a set of LCA's will help eliminate wheel hop issues. But before I am able to give you a good recommendation for a LCA. I am going to need to know what your plans are for the vehicle. UMI Performance offers a wide variety of LCA's that I am sure will met your needs. Below is a link to show you what all we have to offer!

http://www.umiperformance.com/catalo...slk9gmff3d6aq7

If you have any other questions feel free to ask.
Thanks
Brad
Old 05-24-2010, 12:25 PM

btw,good luck,ive tried it all to rid myself of wheel hop and no luck.thinking of selling the car and going back to my good old fashioned ford mustang with leaf springs.......
Old 05-25-2010, 11:49 AM

yea i was looking at some umi lca. my plans with the car is to make a mild street car. like i said this is my first build and the car is kinda junky not wanting to drop big money into it. it would take to much to fix it up then its worth but the drive train i am going to transplant into somthing else. so for now untl i save for another track car or b.a street car. so if i can put as little money into the frame as possable i will go with the cheaper route. i was just wondering if there was a big proformance jump for the non adj. to the adj. lca. tnx for the help
Old 05-25-2010, 02:52 PM
Banned

Received 29 Likes on 23 Posts

Hello
What the difference in the nonadjustable and the adjustable LCA's. What the benefits about a adjustable over a non is if you ever decide to run a aftermarket wheel or a drag radial/slick. They will allow you to center the wheel in the wheel well. And if you go with a rod end or a roto joint then it will also eliminate any binding issues. But if you never plan on doing so then you will be just fine with the non adjustable. If you have any other questions feel free to ask.
Thanks
Brad