TBI Throttle Body Injection discussion and questions. L03/CFI tech and other performance enhancements.

46mm throttle body

Search this Thread

Old 02-21-2008, 06:39 PM

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts
Car: 1992 Firebird
Engine: 350TBI
Transmission: 700r4
Axle/Gears: Ford 9in 4.10
46mm throttle body

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/46mm-...spagenameZWDVW

Which "Available add-ons" do you guys thing I should get?

Im getting the LT4 hotcam and edelbrock intake manifold that i guess ill have bored to match the throttle body. And new heads later.

I plan on having 300hp, and then maybe getting a 100shot of nitrous.
Old 02-21-2008, 10:04 PM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Car: 90 Firebird Formula
Engine: LO3
Transmission: T5
Axle/Gears: 3.08 one wheel peel
Re: 46mm throttle body

Well, if you are dead set on doing all those mods, you are gonna need alot of tuning. So if you plan on tuning, you might want to consider some of the bigger injectors. Not too sure what you would need though.

Also, maybe the VAFPR. But there is a thread about that already on this forum.
Old 02-22-2008, 04:16 AM
Supreme Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Car: 91 Trans am
Engine: built 360 TBI
Transmission: built 700r4
Axle/Gears: 10bolt/3.23

Originally Posted by Timothayyy
http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/46mm-...spagenameZWDVW

Which "Available add-ons" do you guys thing I should get?

Im getting the LT4 hotcam and edelbrock intake manifold that i guess ill have bored to match the throttle body. And new heads later.

I plan on having 300hp, and then maybe getting a 100shot of nitrous.
BEWARE of that seller he is a disonest thief. I bought a coustom made 46mm tb from him and it did look nice but it wasent coustom as he stated, meaning vaacum ports were different and that f**** piece of s*** had me send it back for an exchange and never sent me the exchange. He really screwed me bad and because 20 days were past, ebay an paypal cant do anithing

If someone on this bord knows a lawyer that lives in Austin Texas and wants to take this case to court to make that b****** pay and can prove he did, I pay this lawyer 500$ over everithing he can get out of this case. I have al documents of everithing, shipping, payments and e-mails.

If you do some research on tgo you will find out the stock 43mm tb and is good for 280hp. And ultimate tbi mods for over 300hp.

If you go 46mm please do me some justice and buy it from turbocity or cfm-tech.com
Old 02-22-2008, 09:08 AM

Originally Posted by thomas1976
BEWARE of that seller he is a disonest thief. I bought a coustom made 46mm tb from him and it did look nice but it wasent coustom as he stated, meaning vaacum ports were different and that f**** piece of s*** had me send it back for an exchange and never sent me the exchange. He really screwed me bad and because 20 days were past, ebay an paypal cant do anithing

If someone on this bord knows a lawyer that lives in Austin Texas and wants to take this case to court to make that b****** pay and can prove he did, I pay this lawyer 500$ over everithing he can get out of this case. I have al documents of everithing, shipping, payments and e-mails.

If you do some research on tgo you will find out the stock 43mm tb and is good for 280hp. And ultimate tbi mods for over 300hp.

If you go 46mm please do me some justice and buy it from turbocity or cfm-tech.com

Thanks a ton for telling me this! Im very sorry that happened to you. I guess ill just get the one from turbocity.
Old 02-26-2008, 05:59 PM
Supreme Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Car: 1990 Camaro RS
Engine: Juiced 5.0 TBI - 300rwhp
Transmission: T5
Axle/Gears: 3.42 Eaton Posi, 10 Bolt

You message on youtube pulled me out of hiding.

I think your really going to want to go with the 2" bore on the 454 TB's, and a carbed intake if you can. The hotcam will be a good cam, you will also want to check lift clearance on the ZZ4 heads, the hotcam has pretty good lift, so you may have to have some work done to those heads before you put them on, but it shouldn't be major. It should be a good combo, I would guess that 250+ to the wheels should come pretty easy with it. You will want to budget in getting Rbob's EBL system so you can tune it, that combo is going to need some pretty large changes, but should be tunable pretty easy.

--John
Old 02-27-2008, 09:46 AM

Originally Posted by Dewey316
You message on youtube pulled me out of hiding.

I think your really going to want to go with the 2" bore on the 454 TB's, and a carbed intake if you can. The hotcam will be a good cam, you will also want to check lift clearance on the ZZ4 heads, the hotcam has pretty good lift, so you may have to have some work done to those heads before you put them on, but it shouldn't be major. It should be a good combo, I would guess that 250+ to the wheels should come pretty easy with it. You will want to budget in getting Rbob's EBL system so you can tune it, that combo is going to need some pretty large changes, but should be tunable pretty easy.

--John
I plan on just getting it put on at a local shop. But I gotta tell them what needs to get done and what parts I want. They dont work on 305 Firebirds too often, lol. I want to go with the Edelbrock intake just because its a stock replacement and just needs to be bored out. With the 454 TB will it still have clearance with my hood? Ill be sure to tell them to check the lift clearance on the ZZ4 heads. Im ordering the EBL Flash on the 1st as soon as I cash this check. I guess im also going to get a new fuel pump, walboro 255 i heard is good. What size injectors should I use? The stock 454 ones?