Tech / General Engine Is your car making a strange sound or won't start? Thinking of adding power with a new combination? Need other technical information or engine specific advice? Don't see another board for your problem? Post it here!

Gas mileage increase

Search this Thread

Old 06-22-2008, 10:00 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Car: Firechicken
Engine: 350 + 30 over, 400 crank
Transmission: autotragic, stalled
Axle/Gears: not a one tire fire, thank god!
Gas mileage increase

I work at autozone part time and the other day, some older gentleman around 50 came in with a white camaro with T-tops. He was buying some vacuum T's and asked if I had more in back and I said no. He told me that he had to find him cause he wanted to get a project done. I asked what it was and he said he broke his hydrogen generator in his car and he lost his good gas mileage. After discussing it, I went out to his car and he showed me a plastic container with some metal slide thingys and water with a big spring in it and I was amazed. He has a 305 tpi bone stock. How did he do this? Is this guy on the board here? Does someone know who I'm talking about? Can I fit one of these on a 350 tpi? What kind of mileage increase will it give me?
Old 06-23-2008, 01:43 AM
Supreme Member

Car: 83 POS monte carlo 2015 chevy P/U
Engine: 92 5.7 tpi 5.3
Transmission: 700r4 6L60E
Axle/Gears: 2.42 too high
Re: Gas mileage increase

http://www.smacksboosters.110mb.com/

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CxPQd...x=0&playnext=1
Old 06-23-2008, 06:12 AM

Hmm? I think I want to try to either buy one or build one. What is everyone's opinion. This might be something worth checking out.
Old 06-23-2008, 06:38 AM

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Car: camaro rs
Engine: 305 tbi and 350 on stand
Transmission: 4spd auto

The most modern Electrolyzers consume 4.0 kWh per cubic meter of this gas. Electrolysis process takes place by voltage of 1.6-2.0 V and current strength of dozens and hundreds of amperes. When one cubic meter of hydrogen is burnt, 3.55 kWh of energy is released http://www.guns.connect.fi/innoplaza...sis/index.html

That's by an actual doctor, not some quacks that subconsciously alter their driving habits to "gain mileage". Like every other thread like this, just repeat it in your head. It takes more energy than you get out, you're producing it in the thing you're feeding that energy back to, hence, you are operating your car at a net loss with this device.

Like many other quack devices, they appear to work because your car is out of tune. Keep your distributer, spark plugs, injectors, air cleaner, and any sensors all happy and functional (dont advance your timing if you haven't played with the computer, or use the wrong grade of fuel), and your combustion will be good. Dont drive like you stole the car and you'll get plenty of mileage. Hell look at the idiotic hypermilers, they get over 100% increases in mileage from cars without altering anything on the car. Driving habits equals mileage, not these snake oil ideas, and best of all, you dont waste money doing it.
Old 06-23-2008, 08:42 PM

I would like to think of it as that you trade electrical power for hydrogen power. As my powermaster serves me well, I would like to think that it may work. I guess no one has tried it. I will be the FIRST so I'll let you know how it all works out. I saw on the web that 92GTA is trying it, who ever that is. Maybe if he is on this board, I can ask him how it turned out. After seeing those smack booster videos on you tube, I realized that he is right. His plans are free so he isn't try to take your money, I should try it and see if it works. I guess that makes me dumb, but if it works out, than I'll let you all know.
Old 06-23-2008, 09:24 PM

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Car: camaro rs
Engine: 305 tbi and 350 on stand
Transmission: 4spd auto

the problem with the "i'll try it and see if it works" is that you'll alter your driving habits if not purposely then subconsciously, so for the first week or two you will see an improvement, because you're taking off slightly slower and not gunning it around slightly as much. Then a month or so if you forget you're using it you'll return to your old ways and wonder where your improvement went? oh yea you must have to clean your device out and refill it... then it starts over again with the modifying your driving habits.

There's only one way to know if it's working, dyno. Tune the car without the device, then add the device. If it makes more power without adding more fuel then it's more efficient. Alternatively, you could take it to the track and see if your passes with the device are better consistently than without. Not as definite as a dyno but probably more likely to get done.

In any case, you dont have to make money to sell people on a quack idea. it's electrolysis, not some precision device, the plans for the thing have been around for like a hundred years, plus the act of "giving the plans away" sell him way more devices than if he came off as having "invented" it.