Tech / General Engine Is your car making a strange sound or won't start? Thinking of adding power with a new combination? Need other technical information or engine specific advice? Don't see another board for your problem? Post it here!

A\C For 86 Z28 with 305

Search this Thread

Old 07-30-2010, 09:21 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
A\C For 86 Z28 with 305

When i bought my car the person that owned it before had pulled the AC out. I found a old wrecked car today with the Compressor, Dryer and hoses i need the only problem is the car i found is a V6. Would this system fit into my car?
Old 07-30-2010, 10:11 PM
Supreme Member

Received 1,713 Likes on 1,303 Posts
Car: Yes
Engine: Usually
Transmission: Sometimes
Axle/Gears: Behind me somewhere
Re: A\C For 86 Z28 with 305

Probably. The brackets and other misc hardware might not though. Probably not an overall "good idea" unless you know more about what's there and what's missing, and what it takes to make it back working again, than you're letting on in your post.

As many morons as there are on this site that somehow think they're "improving" their car in some unknown way by hacking theirs off though, you shouldn't have the least morsel of trouble taking the exact right one off of some "greater fool" 's hands. Just make sure they didn't cut ANYTHING, especially the wires. Maybe, watch the postings for a day or 2 (if that), and when some doof asks "My A/C works great but I'm an idiot and have no idea how valuable it is, what should I cut to get rid of it because my car is too nice for a tool like me and worth too much and I want to turn it into a worthless bucket of steaming sh** at a single stroke", PM them and ask them not to sodomize it too brutally and offer to even pay them for it. Somehow that kind of people seems to think that the first thing they should do with wiring, is cut it, and you don't want to deal with a bunch of stuff like that. That's too much like work, which A/C in general is not; it's way too easy and a piece of cake to get A/C working when you have all the right stuff and aren't stabbing in the dark trying to figure out what some .... ummm,,,, yeah one of those .... did to the parts you screwed up and paid money for without knowing whether they work or not. That is just teh sux.