Tech / General Engine Is your car making a strange sound or won't start? Thinking of adding power with a new combination? Need other technical information or engine specific advice? Don't see another board for your problem? Post it here!

Speedometer only works after warm up / fuel gauge stuck

Search this Thread

Old 05-15-2019, 06:59 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Speedometer only works after warm up / fuel gauge stuck

Hey guys, I'm new to the forums so I imagine this is probably a repost of a common problem and if so I apologize. I have a 91 Camaro RS with the 3.1 V6. One of the problems I'm facing is the Speedometer does not work until the car warms up and I've driven for a while. If i had to make an estimate, I'd say it's 10-15 minutes. Then the speedometer will work fine. This is also consistent. For the moment I'm dailying it to work which is about ~25 miles and about 30 minutes. I'll be on the highway and can almost predict when It's going to kick in. I'm hoping someone can give me some insight to this problem.

My second problem is my fuel gauge is always stuck at full. I learned that the hardway shortly after purchasing the car and running out of gas on the highway. Any help on that would also be appreciated. Let me know if additional info / pictures are needed.