Third Gen Association of Ontario Regional message board for everyone in Southern Ontario and nearby regions.

The 12 Basic Rules of Driving :)

Search this Thread

Old 02-17-2002, 05:51 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Car: 1987 Camaro IROC-Z
Engine: L98 bored .40 (357 ci)
Transmission: Race Ready 700R4
Axle/Gears: 9 bolt 3.70 posi
The 12 Basic Rules of Driving :)

1- Turn signals will give away your next move. A real driver never uses them.

2- Under no circumstances should you leave a safe distance between you and the car in front of you, or the space will be filled in by somebody else putting you in an even more dangerous situation.

3- Crossing two or more lanes in a single lane-change is considered going with the flow.

4- The faster you drive through a red light, the smaller the chance you have of getting hit.

5- Never, ever come to a complete stop at a stop sign. No one expects it and it will inevitably result in you being rear ended. If you want your insurance company to pay for a new rear bumper, come to a complete stop at all stop signs.

6- A right lane construction closure is just a game to see how many people can cut in line by passing you on the right as you sit in the left lane waiting for the same jerks to squeeze their way back in before hitting the orange construction barrels.

7- Braking is to be done as hard and late as possible to ensure that your ABS kicks in, giving a nice, relaxing foot massage as the brake pedal pulsates. For those of you without ABS, it's a chance to stretch your legs.

8- Never pass on the left when you can pass on the right. It's a good way to scare people entering the highway.

9- Speed limits are arbitrary figures, given only as suggestions and are apparently not enforceable during rush hour.

10- Just because you're in the left lane and have no room to speed up or move over, doesn't mean that a driver flashing his high beams behind you doesn't think he can go faster in your spot.

11- It is traditional to honk your horn at cars that don't move the instant the light changes.

12- Remember that the goal of every driver is to get there first, by whatever means necessary.
Old 02-17-2002, 07:48 PM
Banned

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
sheesh.... a lot of those ruled were applied today by a lot of other drivers on the way back from the toronto car show today. But, I admit, I do flashm y high beams at people in the fast lane, ONLY if I know there is no one in front of them, and they are just being idiots and cruising in the slow lane. As for the honking horn when someone doesn't move ona green light, it takes about 10seconds for me to finally honk my horn, because with my luck, if I wait, I will get a red light.. LOL