TPI Tuned Port Injection discussion and questions. LB9 and L98 tech, porting, tuning, and bolt-on aftermarket products.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

The official First fuel injection tpi system build (100 percent installed and video )

Search this Thread

Old 01-10-2014, 11:54 PM

Re: The official First fuel injection tpi system build (100 percent installed and vid

Originally Posted by Kennerz
How does it run? is it tuned?

Worth the effort? Like the Power? Mileage - you name it - I'm thinking about doing this and all the feedback possible would be great.

I've read through all the FFI threads and still wanting more feedback, especially since there in production again. Would love to try a ported vortec style.
Buy -ME- 1 and ill tell you.
Old 02-28-2014, 07:59 PM
Supreme Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Car: 91Z28
Engine: 5.7 ls1
Transmission: 4l60e
Axle/Gears: 3.42
Re: The official First fuel injection tpi system build

I finally was lucky enough to find me one on cl for 325 im just looking to see what you guys did exactly with the throttle body to make it work i seeing something with the spring but need some clarification on it.
Old 01-23-2015, 11:20 AM
Supreme Member

Received 9 Likes on 8 Posts
Car: 1984 Trans Am
Engine: LS1383 in work
Transmission: Magnum F
Axle/Gears: Zexel Torsen 3.73, 28-spline mosers
Re: The official First fuel injection tpi system build (100 percent installed and vid

Well, I think my Miniram plan just got shelved in favor of this! Good looking intake and great job getting installed. Any dyno numbers yet?
Old 01-25-2015, 11:38 PM
Supreme Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Car: 89 Camaro RS
Engine: 355 SD TPI
Transmission: WCT5
Axle/Gears: 3.08 Posi

Got my intake and all my goodies on theway, looking at the fuel lines is there a better way to adapt the hard lines? I was looking at the regulator posted and it says there's no gauge port when the OP definitely put a gauge on there lol I want to run braided lines with an fittings on mine but idk where to start with the fittings at this point since I don't have the regulator in my hands to play with

Can't wait kens been running a tad bit behind so my order time is a little over a month and a half right now but it'll be worth it

FIRST intake
AFR 195 65 cc heads
Lingenfelter 211 cam
Comp 1.6 roller rockers
Topped off with a dyno tune from speed secrets

Cam was ordered on the advice of ellis who owns speed secrets, he said he's had nothing but amazing results with it and with the combo I've got he said hitting 400 to the wheels will be a very reasonable goal after it comes off the the dyno, it will be his first time toying with the first however,seemed pretty intrigued by it
Old 01-26-2015, 06:09 AM

Received 12 Likes on 8 Posts
Car: 88 IROC-Z
Engine: 6.9L TPI(FIRST) 421ci
Transmission: T56
Axle/Gears: Ford 9" Eaton truetrac 3.50

You can hook up the lines in the front like the stock setup or route them up the fire wall and hang the regulator near the distrubuter either way you will need a new regulator and adapt the lines.
Old 02-24-2015, 09:31 PM
Supreme Member

Originally Posted by TORN
You can hook up the lines in the front like the stock setup or route them up the fire wall and hang the regulator near the distrubuter either way you will need a new regulator and adapt the lines.
I've already got the aeromotive already, I'm just gonna pipe the gauge into it like the OP did, run the crossover in the front and bring the lines in the back
Old 08-28-2015, 12:06 AM

Car: 88 5.7 Iroc, 2000 SS
Engine: Vortec Hot cam TPI/LS1
Transmission: Pro-Built/T-56

Any Updates?? Project still going??
Old 09-27-2016, 12:58 PM

Received 7 Likes on 5 Posts
Car: 91
Engine: 5.7
Transmission: 700

just to keep this thread going..

https://www.firstfuelinjection.com/services.html
Old 09-27-2016, 03:23 PM
Supreme Member

Car: 1989 Formula WS6
Engine: L03 305 TBI
Transmission: T-5
Axle/Gears: 10 Bolt; 3.42 Posi

How does posting a dead link keep the thread going?
Old 09-27-2016, 03:32 PM

Originally Posted by seanof30306
How does posting a dead link keep the thread going?
I just ordered several parts from here, with about about 30 pages of pictures, products and customer rides, HARDLY a dead link.
Old 09-27-2016, 03:33 PM

Maybe seanof you cant see the page?

Old 09-27-2016, 03:37 PM
Supreme Member

Car: 1989 Formula WS6
Engine: L03 305 TBI
Transmission: T-5
Axle/Gears: 10 Bolt; 3.42 Posi

hmmm ... it comes up now. I tried it in Edge, Chrome, Firefox and Maxthon before. Wouldn't come up.
Old 07-22-2017, 06:36 PM

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Car: 1987 T/A
Engine: 383 W/ FIRST Tpi
Transmission: 700R4
Axle/Gears: GM 10 bolt 3.73 auburn posi

Hi Guys, Ken here from FIRST Performance. I just wanted to jump on here and introduce myself and also take some time to address some of these statements that have been posted. I apologize for it being such an old post, but I needed to start somewhere. I am not trying to pick on 88fastgta, it just seems like he had the most issues, unless there is another post on here as I have not been on this forum enough to find them and this seems to be the one most guys email me the link to! I would like to start out by saying that I am VERY interested in keeping these manifolds available to everyone in the performance world. We have been "lagging" because we are a small family owned and operated business and we have no intentions on mass production of these FIRST intake manifolds. We did have "trouble at the factory" with a major fire that took out our entire machining/fabrication area, which has taken a tremendous amount of effort to rebuild and re-equip over the last few years. I do want to apologize for any long delays and inconveniences this may have caused anybody! It has been our strong belief from the beginning that quality over quantity is the most important thing in our company. We do experience long delays in some cases when orders are placed, but each intake system is made to order and sometimes the orders are in demand and I personally hand assemble each one. Also, there is the occasional wait on castings. I do my best to always be upfront and honest with guys when they place the order, so they know this ahead of time. We strive to offer the best product for the money with top notch customer service.

As far as the throttle body being a "horrible" design, I am not sure how that is a justifiable statement? We did not design this throttle body, but when we chose to carry on producing these intakes after air sensors, we felt that it was quite a great design in our professional opinion. It is very simplistic in it's design with very few parts. It performs quite well when set up properly. It will take some mechanical back ground to properly hook up existing cables to the throttle arm, but it really is not that difficult. I do remember dealing with 88fastgta on these "issues" that he stated he was having. I did have him send back the throttle body and personally installed it on my Blazer and ran it everyday for about 2 weeks. I found it working properly and even sent him a video (which I still have) of it running on my Blazer with his name on it for identification purposes. This way when he received it back he knew it was the actual one. In the video I had our digital rpm meter hooked up to show full throttle back to idle rpm and there were no issues, multiple times it always went right back to it's programmed rpm. I even walked around with the camera to show him operating temp. on my gauges. He was reluctant to try and use it again. It was at this time I decided that it was probably best to make him an adapter so it would ease his mind and move his project along. It is a shame that he would post this type of negative info after we clearly clarified there was nothing wrong with it and we went above and beyond to make him the adapter. I guess everyone has a right to their opinion. I just hope that he had the experience level and knowledge to make such claims? I personally have 4 of these systems on my own vehicles with this throttle body and they are functioning great after 17 years of being in service. I would also like to point out that I do installs with these systems as well and we have over 1,000 units out there with this throttle body on them and to our knowledge all still using this throttle body. This is not taking into consideration all of the systems sold before we had it. We also have a lifetime warranty on our product, so if anyone was experiencing any difficulties with the throttle body, even if it is one made by air sensors, they can be inspected and rebuilt by us at no charge to the end user except shipping costs. Certainly if guys were having issues I would expect them to take advantage of this? I just want everyone to know that we are here to help and answer questions or concerns. I work on cars everyday, I am not an office guy, so I understand the installs and issues you may run in to. If you have any questions about any situation during an install please email me at Ken@firstperfcenter.com and I will be more than happy to help. I have seen pretty much everything with these intakes over the 17 years of dealing with them, so we have a wealth of knowledge thanks in most part to the input from our customers!
Old 07-26-2017, 11:58 AM

Received 10 Likes on 6 Posts
Engine: GEN 4 LY6 (going forged 408)
Transmission: 60E (going RPM LEVEL 6 4L80E)
Axle/Gears: 7.5" 3.42 (staying...)

I wanna see the videos.
Old 07-26-2017, 08:25 PM

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts
Car: 1989 GTA
Engine: 5.7 TPI
Axle/Gears: 3.27 (Stock)

Originally Posted by firstperf1
Hi Guys, Ken here from FIRST Performance. I just wanted to jump on here and introduce myself and also take some time to address some of these statements that have been posted. I apologize for it being such an old post, but I needed to start somewhere. I am not trying to pick on 88fastgta, it just seems like he had the most issues, unless there is another post on here as I have not been on this forum enough to find them and this seems to be the one most guys email me the link to! I would like to start out by saying that I am VERY interested in keeping these manifolds available to everyone in the performance world. We have been "lagging" because we are a small family owned and operated business and we have no intentions on mass production of these FIRST intake manifolds. We did have "trouble at the factory" with a major fire that took out our entire machining/fabrication area, which has taken a tremendous amount of effort to rebuild and re-equip over the last few years. I do want to apologize for any long delays and inconveniences this may have caused anybody! It has been our strong belief from the beginning that quality over quantity is the most important thing in our company. We do experience long delays in some cases when orders are placed, but each intake system is made to order and sometimes the orders are in demand and I personally hand assemble each one. Also, there is the occasional wait on castings. I do my best to always be upfront and honest with guys when they place the order, so they know this ahead of time. We strive to offer the best product for the money with top notch customer service.

As far as the throttle body being a "horrible" design, I am not sure how that is a justifiable statement? We did not design this throttle body, but when we chose to carry on producing these intakes after air sensors, we felt that it was quite a great design in our professional opinion. It is very simplistic in it's design with very few parts. It performs quite well when set up properly. It will take some mechanical back ground to properly hook up existing cables to the throttle arm, but it really is not that difficult. I do remember dealing with 88fastgta on these "issues" that he stated he was having. I did have him send back the throttle body and personally installed it on my Blazer and ran it everyday for about 2 weeks. I found it working properly and even sent him a video (which I still have) of it running on my Blazer with his name on it for identification purposes. This way when he received it back he knew it was the actual one. In the video I had our digital rpm meter hooked up to show full throttle back to idle rpm and there were no issues, multiple times it always went right back to it's programmed rpm. I even walked around with the camera to show him operating temp. on my gauges. He was reluctant to try and use it again. It was at this time I decided that it was probably best to make him an adapter so it would ease his mind and move his project along. It is a shame that he would post this type of negative info after we clearly clarified there was nothing wrong with it and we went above and beyond to make him the adapter. I guess everyone has a right to their opinion. I just hope that he had the experience level and knowledge to make such claims? I personally have 4 of these systems on my own vehicles with this throttle body and they are functioning great after 17 years of being in service. I would also like to point out that I do installs with these systems as well and we have over 1,000 units out there with this throttle body on them and to our knowledge all still using this throttle body. This is not taking into consideration all of the systems sold before we had it. We also have a lifetime warranty on our product, so if anyone was experiencing any difficulties with the throttle body, even if it is one made by air sensors, they can be inspected and rebuilt by us at no charge to the end user except shipping costs. Certainly if guys were having issues I would expect them to take advantage of this? I just want everyone to know that we are here to help and answer questions or concerns. I work on cars everyday, I am not an office guy, so I understand the installs and issues you may run in to. If you have any questions about any situation during an install please email me at Ken@firstperfcenter.com and I will be more than happy to help. I have seen pretty much everything with these intakes over the 17 years of dealing with them, so we have a wealth of knowledge thanks in most part to the input from our customers!
Good to see ya on here Ken. I wound up getting mine second hand. Although it did take a little tinkering, I feel I have gotten my throttle body working pretty well. I am convinced a number of my issues I fought were things the previous owner did mostly anyways. The TPS bracket was all tweaked and dremalled out. I have it working now but I have been considering replacing it. And the arm all the cables attach to was cracked at the bushing the bolt goes through, I fixed that with a little careful welding. The only real sticky problems I had were the TPS sitting too close to the throttle shaft (fixed with washers/spacers) and my own dumb *** not getting my driver kick panel reinstalled properly so that it was hitting the top of the pedal just a little. All in all I have been happy with the intake and feel it is a great product. If I ever build another TPI setup I'll likely go with another one.
Old 07-26-2017, 10:35 PM

Car: 92 Firebird Convertible
Engine: 383 - First Fuel Injection TPI
Axle/Gears: 3:23

I've been running a First Performance TPI on my 1992 Firebird "383" for five years It did require some "tuning". EBL p4 works for me.
Ken's a good guy and easy to work with.
I would certainly recommend his First Performance TPI!
Old 07-27-2017, 08:03 PM

Originally Posted by no new tires
I wanna see the videos.
I can do that no new tires, but really what would that prove? What It does prove is that you read my post, so thank you for taking the time! You would not even know if it was the actual one from that post anyway, unless you know 88fastgta that is? You may have taken that the wrong way? I did not post that as a threat, like I would show the videos. It was stated in there to show that we do take all complaints seriously and that we care enough to investigate issues and keep records. When I said we still have the videos, it was to express that we keep all information and logs on any complaints and do not throw out any info pertaining to a complaint no matter the age. I number each manifold that I assemble and that number is put into a hand entry form book and a data base as well on the computer. With that number, we can track the intake from its beginning, so we know if there were any issues with that unit. It is not my intention to start drama or call out guys years later, but just to make sure that everyone knows the facts, good or bad and that we do care about what goes on with our product. I am here to answer concerns and help, not to throw guys under the bus. Our warranty speaks for itself “LIFETIME” so if anyone out here is using our intakes and are experiencing issues, please contact us so I can help. I just want to give you guys a chance to give me direct input. I also want to point out that there are many different skill levels out there and that just because a guy puts something on the internet, it does not make it necessarily true. We all need to consider the source. When there is a problem I always assume it is on our end until we can get all the facts. We are not perfect and I would never pretend to know everything. I learn everyday listening to people, I hope to turn this into a positive experience for everyone.
Old 07-27-2017, 08:19 PM

I am glad to hear you are doing good with it viper spec! You can always send in the TB and I would be more than happy to go through it for you at no charge except shipping of course! We can get you a new Tps bracket. Also, it is ok if the tps touches the screw a little as it all should move together in time, but a shim works too! It would be just like the later model Tps that connects right to the end of the shaft. I actually have a design that I have been working on that will accept the later model tps, that way guys do not have to use that bracket if they switch sensors and the LT1 guys can use the stock tps. Remember we are here to help even if you did not purchase it from us!
Old 07-27-2017, 08:36 PM

I just want more FIRST videos.
Old 07-27-2017, 09:08 PM

I just want more FIRST videos.
What kind of FIRST videos would you like to see? We have one on our website with one of our FIRST powered mud trucks going through the mud bog on customer rides page! I am sure I can dig up some other action FIRST powered videos. Maybe we should just make a YouTube channel! Good idea! We are just getting into social media, so in the future we will be posting all kinds of videos and pics on Facebook and Instagram!
Old 07-27-2017, 09:21 PM

What kind of FIRST videos would you like to see? We have one on our website with one of our FIRST powered mud trucks going through the mud bog on customer rides page! I am sure I can dig up some other action FIRST powered videos. Maybe we should just make a YouTube channel! Good idea! We are just getting into social media, so in the future we will be posting all kinds of videos and pics on Facebook and Instagram!
1. ALL the videos you have - ALL OF THEM!
2. DO ALL of that.

-Also, any updates on the siamese-d runner, 2" runner testing?
Attached Thumbnails The official First fuel injection tpi system build (100 percent installed and video )-0506171552-00.jpg   The official First fuel injection tpi system build (100 percent installed and video )-0328171705-00.jpg  
Old 07-27-2017, 09:38 PM

1. ALL the videos you have - ALL OF THEM!
2. DO ALL of that.

-Also, any updates on the siamese-d runner, 2" runner testing?
SWEET BABY JESUS! That is awesome! But please make sure you connect the throttle linkage properly or we will get blamed for that one sticking too!
We are going to get after the Siamese project as soon as we get all caught up, promise!
Old 07-27-2017, 09:52 PM

o:
We are going to get after the Siamese project as soon as we get all caught up, promise!
The customer's money gets impatient.

-I also hereby call DIBS on the FIRST production set of siamesed runners
Old 07-27-2017, 09:57 PM

The customer's money gets impatient.

-I also hereby call DIBS on the FIRST production set of siamesed runners
There will be plenty to go around! No worries!
Old 07-27-2017, 10:38 PM

Received 22 Likes on 17 Posts
Car: 1989 IROC
Engine: 350
Axle/Gears: 3:42

What is current backlog of intakes? You also do vortec style too do you not? Is one a longer wait than the other? I personally don't care about high RPM's because torque is king to me. LTR are great for instant on fun and my build is a 383.
Old 07-28-2017, 07:11 PM

Originally Posted by Chopski
What is current backlog of intakes? You also do vortec style too do you not? Is one a longer wait than the other? I personally don't care about high RPM's because torque is king to me. LTR are great for instant on fun and my build is a 383.
Yes Chopski, we do offer the FIRST in a VORTEC bolt pattern as well. The price and delivery time is the same. We just picked up a fresh batch of castings, so we are machining fools right now! We can probably get one out in about 2 weeks right now? Why turn over 6000 rpms if you can make power and torque down low! You have the right idea for sure!

Last edited by firstperf1; 08-25-2017 at 05:57 PM.
Old 09-04-2017, 04:49 PM

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Car: 1991 red Z/28
Engine: 350 TPI
Transmission: T5 swap
Axle/Gears: 3.42

I just read most of this thread that pertains to the FIRST intake. I think this is the way I want to go with my car. I also want to use the AFR heads but want to use the right ones. My L98 was bored .020 over which makes it a 353 CI. It has a stock roller cam and is new with the rebuild in 2014. It has about 3000 miles on the rebuilt engine.
Old 09-04-2017, 10:17 PM
Supreme Member

Received 379 Likes on 323 Posts
Car: 1983 G20 Chevy
Engine: 305 TPI
Transmission: 4L60
Axle/Gears: 14 bolt with 3.07 gears

Yes Chopski, we do offer the FIRST in a VORTEC bolt pattern as well. The price and delivery time is the same. We just picked up a fresh batch of castings, so we are machining fools right now! We can probably get one out in about 2 weeks right now? Why turn over 6000 rpms if you can make power and torque down low! You have the right idea for sure!
Honestly I have wanted a FIRST setup on my Express van for some time now. I feel it would make the 6" rod 383 I am building with Etec 170s, Lunati 224/236 bootlegger roller cam and 24x coil per cylinder ignition system run like a big block. If I wanted a gutless low-end and rev to the moon it would have a 6.0L with LY6/L92 heads and a nice cam.
Old 09-08-2017, 03:59 PM

Received 11 Likes on 10 Posts
Car: 1979 Corvette L82
Engine: Gen1 SBC 350 L82 4 bolt mains 010
Transmission: Monster 4L60e 2wd 1997 PWM capable
Axle/Gears: 355

Originally Posted by Fast355
Honestly I have wanted a FIRST setup on my Express van for some time now. I feel it would make the 6" rod 383 I am building with Etec 170s, Lunati 224/236 bootlegger roller cam and 24x coil per cylinder ignition system run like a big block.
For the love of all that's good, tell me you have a build thread somewhere.

Adam
Old 09-09-2017, 08:01 AM

Originally Posted by Fast355
I have wanted - I feel
Originally Posted by newbvetteguy

Adam
-
Old 09-09-2017, 07:42 PM
Supreme Member

Originally Posted by newbvetteguy

Adam
I had one over on GMTruckCentral but I refuse to pay Photobucket to allow external hosting when they never charged in the past 10 years I have had an account. Therefore all the build pictures are currently not viewable. The Express van currently has a L31 that is 24x and it has the GM SPO 357 hp 350 crate engine roller cam (215/223 @ .050), L31 marine intake, 8.1 DBW throttle body, doug thorley tri-y headers, thunderbolt 2.5" high flow cats, and it has the GM flex fuel sensor to run E85. The 6" rod 383 is a previous engine build I had in my old G20 Van with worked over 906 Vortecs and modified TPI with SLP siamessed runners on it. The 383 G20 Van has not been on the road in 10 years but I recently pulled the TPI 383 and blown up 4L60E out of it and set an 8.1 in its place. I am going to pull the heads and smaller cam out of the 383 and reseal it. I had the 383 running back in July and it still sounded very healthy and was carrying good oil pressure just had some oil leaks that need to be addressed after sitting. Rear main seal was puking on it.

This is what the old 10.5:1 6" rod 383 sounded like with Reed hydraulic roller 214/218 @ .050 114 lsa cam, 1.7 rockers (lift around .560/.580"), 2.02/1.60 906 heads, Siamesed SLP TPI setup, Doug Thorley Tri-Y headers and true dual 2.5" exhaust with Flowmaster 40s.

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=VvmK__hH-Fg

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=t5O1if1DpRo

Last edited by Fast355; 09-09-2017 at 07:52 PM.
Old 09-11-2017, 06:57 PM
Supreme Member

This is the current L31...24x coil per cylinder, 2002 0411 8.1 based PCM flash, 2002 8.1 DBW setup, L31 Marine intake manifold, Doug Thorley Tri-Y headers, dual 2.5" exhaust to the muffler, thunderbolt high flow metallic core cats, 2.5" electric cutouts between the muffler and cats, GM SPO 357 HP 350 crate cam, LS7 GMPP lifters, 906 Vortecs that have been milled .020" with 2.02/1.60 valves, LS6 springs, Comp 787 retainers, guideplates and screw in studs, 1.7 roller rockers on hardened pushrods and march underdrve pulleys. For a big, heavy van with a 4L85E and 3.73 posi 14-bolt it flies.

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=4GLiLvlr2MM
Old 07-28-2018, 08:39 PM

Car: 1988 Iroc-Z
Engine: 350 TPI L98
Transmission: 700R4 Auto.

Anybody have a video or step by step instructions to install on a car that is currently a TPI. To remove any discrepancies can anybody provide this preferably firstperf1, or anybody that has done the swap?

Thanks
Old 07-28-2018, 08:48 PM
Supreme Member

Originally Posted by BlksIrocZ
Anybody have a video or step by step instructions to install on a car that is currently a TPI. To remove any discrepancies can anybody provide this preferably firstperf1, or anybody that has done the swap?

Thanks
if your car is already tpi then it's a matter of removing your existing tpi, cleaning up the block and installing the first, your injectors and sensors will swap over to the new intake, the only difference you'll encounter is the plumbing of the fuel system and the assembly order of the runners/plenum. I am mid swap on mine and ken has been very helpful, there are instructions on the site as well as a hard copy when you purchase, it's a universal install guide.

you can order adapters fro. Earl's for the factory hard lines and then make your own -6an lines for the fuel system, you'll need a return style regulator like an aeromotive and plumb that in. It's all pretty well covered.
Old 07-28-2018, 09:23 PM

Thanks
blufbdy pretty much hit it on the head. But please shoot me an email or a phone call and I can walk you through the install, which should be pretty straight forward for you. Contact info is on the web site. We are actually going to make an install video with our R&D 86 Vette for our YouTube channel, swapping the stock tpi in the near future.
Old 07-29-2018, 09:49 AM

Thank you both, please PM me a link firstperf1 when you have the video complete, I am interested in purchasing a unit soon, just want to be sure I dont get stuck half way through a project with a car torn apart stuck. Also does the ECM require a tune after the swap?
Old 07-29-2018, 11:33 AM

Yes the re tune would be highly recommended. As soon as we can get to the installation on the vette we will, more than likely in the fall. We will post a link on our web site and I will PM you as well. As I said you can call or email for specific questions, I can walk you through pretty easy. -Ken
Old 01-09-2020, 01:38 PM

Hey FirstPErf1 did you ever come out with that video?
Old 01-09-2020, 02:07 PM

Hey FirstPErf1 did you ever come out with that video?
Sorry I did not get the video done on the corvette, but I did get one done on a 77 monza install that we will be posting soon. The vette will be a lot easier because of the existing electronics and fuel system in place. Hopefully the vette video will be this summer if things slow down for us!
The following users liked this post:
my hemi (01-09-2020)
Old 01-10-2020, 01:23 AM

Im interested in buying the FIRST system for my 1988 IROC Z 350 TPI L98. However, I am unsure about the reprogramming aspect, and nobody around here does that for OBD1 vehicles here in Ontario, CANADA. That leaves me in the dark for the swap and I cant have my car tore to pieces for months while I try to troubleshoot it myself without knowing for sure how to go about it. Really looking forward to that corvette video.
Old 01-10-2020, 05:10 AM

Received 56 Likes on 45 Posts
Car: A few things lol
Engine: 350 tpi supercharged and a 383 stro
Transmission: Both 700r4s
Axle/Gears: 3.23s and 3.54s

Im interested in buying the FIRST system for my 1988 IROC Z 350 TPI L98. However, I am unsure about the reprogramming aspect, and nobody around here does that for OBD1 vehicles here in Ontario, CANADA. That leaves me in the dark for the swap and I cant have my car tore to pieces for months while I try to troubleshoot it myself without knowing for sure how to go about it. Really looking forward to that corvette video.
Look up Scott hansen he does chip reprogramming thru mail you do have to buy some software for him to data log...but he can set you up with start up chip to get you going great guy really knows his stuff.... his email is admin@scotthansen.net here is his wed page go thru and read www.tunedperformance.org

hope this helps...
Old 01-16-2020, 05:28 PM
Supreme Member

Received 27 Likes on 24 Posts
Car: 67 ******mobile
Engine: 385 Solid roller
Transmission: T-56
Axle/Gears: 4.11

Ken you know of a foundry that does smaller runs?
You probably know this but edelbrock does larger runs for a number of mfrs right here in town.
Old 01-29-2020, 09:49 AM

Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by bk2life
I just ordered several parts from here, with about about 30 pages of pictures, products and customer rides, HARDLY a dead link.
Your link is dead.

this is the proper link https://firstfuelinjection.com/
Old 03-19-2020, 07:39 AM

Originally Posted by cuisinartvette
Ken you know of a foundry that does smaller runs?
You probably know this but edelbrock does larger runs for a number of mfrs right here in town.
Sorry for the late response, but pretty much any foundry that I have worked with will do any size run you would like. The pricing goes up the less you have cast normally. The more quantity the better the price. Do not be afraid to ask them.
-Ken
my hemi (03-19-2020)
Old 03-19-2020, 07:48 AM

For those of you that are interested, we just posted a youtube video of an installation on our channel! We know people have been patiently waiting. It is a carb to FIRST TPI swap on a 1977 Chevy Monza. Most of the information will apply to a F-body swap. We also will have F-body/C4 Corvette installation videos coming as well in the future here. Heres the link for those interested:
my hemi (03-19-2020)