Aftermarket Product Review Provide questions and answers about aftermarket parts for the Third Generation F-Body.

1AAuto Carpet, TTop Headliner, Sail Panels, and Sunvisors

Search this Thread

Old 06-25-2010, 09:00 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
1AAuto Carpet, TTop Headliner, Sail Panels, and Sunvisors

I believe in this day and age that it is easy to criticize when a company wrongs you. Rarely do I see businesses get well deserved praise and recognition. As such, this isn't so much a review of the products I ordered from 1A Auto as it is a recommendation for other people looking for these products to order it from them.

I ordered the full carpeting in dark gray for an 88 Camaro as well as their packaged deal of ABS backed TTop headliner, sail panels, and sunvisors for my 88 as time, weather, and rust staining had rendered the originals in less than stellar condition. As I am doing a restore, rather than try to clean and repair, I felt it was best to simply replace all the parts with something new. The TTop headliner in particular was well beyond salvation and the general funk of the carpet needed to go.

First and foremost I mistakenly read the product description on the carpetting incorrectly. I originally placed an order for The "Full carpet" and "Back Hatch Carpet" (I am paraphrasing what the products were called) thinking that the full carpet meant the full FRONT carpet as opposed to driver side/passenger side and so making it necessary to buy both products front and back. I was called within a couple hours of making the order by a customer service rep at 1A to verify that I indeed wanted what I ordered. This was phenomenal attention to detail as I can virtually guarantee that most companies would have just filled out the order and I would have some new carpet up on craigslist right now trying to recoup some of my money. Cheers to great service and thanks for a VERY fast CC refund on the 150$ that I mistakenly spent. That ain't chump change folks!

I wasn't going to buy the TTop package from 1A Auto originally, I had another site in mind but this exchange with the carpeting sold me on buying the package from 1A.

I have always believed that superior service is rewarded with superior sales. When I look for parts now and in the future, I will not think twice about ordering from 1A Auto.

My new interior looks amazing (and doesn't smell like moldy cheese!) and the color on all parts was a dead-on match to the doors and seats. Thanks to the team at 1A Auto. I look forward to doing business with you again (and again).

-Eric H.
Old 06-25-2010, 10:46 AM
Former Sponsor

Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts
Re: 1AAuto Carpet, TTop Headliner, Sail Panels, and Sunvisors

Thanks Eric, we all are automotive enthusiasts here and know how it feels to get an incorrect part or a part you weren't expecting.

So to the best of our ability we make an effort to get our customers the correct part the first time around.

Have a great weekend,

Tony
Old 06-25-2010, 01:33 PM

Car: 84 frankenstein Z28
Engine: 350
Transmission: 700R4
Axle/Gears: 3.73

Can you display some photos of your new interior. I have been debating a similar package (carpet/headliner combo) and would like to see how yours turned out. I've seen several posts on people getting just the headliner but never seen someone with the whole kit (including sunvisors and sail panels). Thanks
Old 06-25-2010, 02:47 PM
Former Sponsor

Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by da.slyboy
Can you display some photos of your new interior. I have been debating a similar package (carpet/headliner combo) and would like to see how yours turned out. I've seen several posts on people getting just the headliner but never seen someone with the whole kit (including sunvisors and sail panels). Thanks
Here's a thread from a while ago from a customers car that we did.We did the door panels too.

https://www.thirdgen.org/forums/inte...oductions.html

Last edited by 1Aauto; 06-25-2010 at 02:50 PM.
Old 06-25-2010, 05:34 PM

Car: 1989 Pontiac GTA/2007 TrailblazerSS
Engine: 350 L98/LS2
Transmission: 700-R4/4L70E
Axle/Gears: 3.27/4.10

wow this is helpful. i currently have my 89 GTA interior all torn apart, and just about everything i need to replace except the dash cover and some of the interior trim. everything else is cracked or stained and whatnot. this is my first project car, let alone my first F body so i'm learning a lot already. and i have a big list as well lol. i'm actually going to a local scrap yard hoping to find lots of good parts for my interior.