Auto Detailing and Appearance Share tips and tricks on how to make your Third Gen shine! Get opinions on products or how something tasteful looks on your Chevrolet Camaro or Pontiac Firebird.

Welp i'm missing the start of show season

Search this Thread

Old 03-21-2006, 11:53 PM
Supreme Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Car: 91 Camaro RS
Engine: TBI
Transmission: 700r4
Welp i'm missing the start of show season

official opening show is saturday, yep march and its been snowing, i'd been so busy moving i just got around to ordering parts, getting some motor work this year and ALOT of underhood cleanup....goes like this
Edelbrock ti tech headers
performertbi manifold
porting the tbi
injectors
081 tpi heads worked by sch racing heads
cam
DS safety loop
Little later....12 bolt

so i got the hood off to make life easier and yea, once the lights in there good i see alot i am unhappy with so i am basically tearing it to the short block and rebuilding up, painting all the brackets and accessories gloss black, going to paint the manifold gloss black and polish the edelbrock performer tbi lettering maybe take the tbi up a bit so i can clear my hei and run a flat base air cleaner to help out a bit....anyway heres some pics...yet another tg in a state of torn apart

ok keeps failing the upload, well anyway the hood is in my living room on the coffee table......my chicks pissed about that, and she doesnt even live with me, havent had a ton of time to toy with it so hopefully by saturday i should have it down to the shortblock and by next week back together just waitng on the cam
Old 03-22-2006, 10:16 AM
Supreme Member

Car: 1985 Camaro Z28/1989 Pontiac Trans Am GTA
Engine: 305 tpi/350tpi
Its ok just take your time and do it right.........................don't rush it!
Old 03-22-2006, 12:21 PM
Supreme Member

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Car: 1984 Z28
Engine: SLOW carbed ls
Transmission: TH400 with brake, 8" PTC converter
Axle/Gears: moser 9" 4.11
my hoods on the dining room table and the front and rear bumpers and chin spoiler are in front of it. As long as they're gone by easter no one can say anything to me I guess we might be hillbillys if....
Old 03-22-2006, 01:28 PM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Car: 91 GTA, 91 Formula, 89 TTA
Engine: all 225+ RWHP
Transmission: all OD
Axle/Gears: Always the good ones
Who cares about car shows?

Ego puffery by people who dont know what there looking at anyhow :-)

Get it done, build it better and faster, we have the technology.

Than drive it like it was meant to be :-)

later
Jeremy
Old 03-24-2006, 12:32 AM
Supreme Member

Originally Posted by 3.8TransAM
Who cares about car shows?

Ego puffery by people who dont know what there looking at anyhow :-)

Get it done, build it better and faster, we have the technology.

Than drive it like it was meant to be :-)

later
Jeremy

Well since it is primarily a show car.....anyway let me see if i can get the pics loaded, tried last night and they wouldnt, xpndbl, i also have the parts in teh corner and another craftsman roll away that hopefully will be moved from next to the kitchen into the garage this weekend, lol gotta love it although all my buddies have commented how well the ho0d compliments the entertainment center very well adn the ghost work looks amazing inside
Attached Thumbnails Welp i'm missing the start of show season-teardown2.jpg   Welp i'm missing the start of show season-teardown6.jpg   Welp i'm missing the start of show season-combo2.jpg  
Old 03-24-2006, 12:55 AM
Supreme Member

Car: 1986 Camaro SC (Supercool)
Engine: one composed of various metals
hopefully you have better luck with those TES headers in comparison to some others on TGO....read a thread awhile back about the surface rusting pretty quick on them.....I guess the coating reduces heat but not rust??
Old 03-24-2006, 02:51 AM

Car: 91 Camaro RS 383
Engine: carbed 383
Transmission: 700R4
Axle/Gears: 3.42 posi
I have the Edelbrock headers, not the ti tec coating like yours, but they are some of the worst headers I've seen. The collector only has two bolts and over time from taking the exhaust down they leaked more and more since the two bolts allowed exhaust leaks around parts of the collector... Also they rusted up really quick. Hopefully my Hedman LTs will be better. Good luck though and take your time to do it right.
Old 03-24-2006, 07:41 AM
Supreme Member

Car: 1988 Camaro IROC-Z
Engine: 350 TPI (L98)
Transmission: T56
Axle/Gears: 9-bolt 3.45
I also have the Edelbrock headers and I don't like them. Mine do leak and you have to tighten them up everyonce in a while, but that's normal for any headers.

The mai reason I don't like them is the routing of the #2 cylinder tube. You can't run a decent set of wires, and it's a PITA to work on. Every plugs has to be changed from underneath, which isn't a big deal, but gets old when it takes a while to change the dang plugs and you have to create wires everytime.

My advice: Dump them off and get some hedmans or hookers.
I won't purchase another Edelbrock part because of that.
Old 03-25-2006, 11:46 PM
Supreme Member

well this is basically tempororary since the state is looking at dumping emmisions out here....in that case my 406 on alchohol is going it, in the mean time this was what i chose, my buddy ran them on his 89 on the 305 then the first 383 and then the second and never had a problem with em, and they were on there quite a few years, only reason he's dumping em now is because of the bill mitchell 427 thats worked to a 464 thats now sitting in the bay..........i cant run long tubes because of the emmissions and ground clearance issues, keep in mind i'm lower than most thirdgens....by ALOT

First day of the season wasnt as bad as i thought since i had to work, still dont have it down to the shortblock yet, between tear down issues and other stuff i have going time isnt on my side, but good news is i am shooting the paint on teh heads and manifold tomorrow morning about 830 so theres a step in the right direction to getting it moving
Old 03-26-2006, 12:52 AM

Car: 91 Silverado
Engine: 350 TBI, EBL Tuned
Transmission: 700R4
My camaro has been in the shop since the middle of december, and I haven't had the time to work on it yet. I need to do headers and have some paint issues fixed before April is over and show season starts here