Car Audio Car audio related questions and helpful hints for building the best sound system for your car or getting the most out of what you have.

Stuff has been stolen :(

Search this Thread

Old 01-26-2001, 04:50 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Stuff has been stolen :(

hey, im in mourning today over the tradgic loss of my stereo equipment. someone threw a rock through my driver side window and opened the door. then they ripped the stereo and EQ out of the dash, moved onto stealing the CD changer under the seat along with my 9mm Glock handgun. he popped the rear truck, and had fun.

he didnt steal my subs though, i had them bolted down with a mix of torx, philips and a wierd other shaped screw. i guess it took him too long to unscrew them, and people were approching him (witnesses i found) i guess he was so mad, so he sliced the cones of my 3 polk dX subs with his knife.

he did manage to get my rockford amp though. i still havent figured out how he got it out, he must have hacked at it with a hammer because i found lots of black plastic around the mounting area.

how can i prevent people from taking my headunit? even though it has a detachable face, he stole the rest of the unit. and stopping the latch from being opened without a key, is that possible? can i have a key control thing that opens the latch from inside?

i am so pissed off, if i had my glock i would use it on him instead of the shooting range help please!

ANY ADVICE APPRECIATED AND NEEDED!!!

(sorry it was soo long)

[This message has been edited by STL1994 (edited January 26, 2001).]
Old 01-26-2001, 08:37 PM

find the bastard,trash his car,take your **** back,and cap him in the knees.
Old 01-26-2001, 09:13 PM

LOLLOLLOLLOLLOL, i was thinkin of cutting off all his limbs with my table saw, and then shooting him in the head and burn the body

ideas are flowin now...

anyway im goin on a hunt 2marrow with my boys from my mobb to find this b*tch. anyway, someone help me with security of my car!

[This message has been edited by STL1994 (edited January 26, 2001).]
Old 01-26-2001, 11:10 PM

Car: 1991 Camaro Z28
Engine: 350 TPI
Transmission: T56 6-Speed
Man sorry to hear, you must have an enemy or something? from the description of what you said they did, it sounds like they just wanted to really **** you off, I don't see the point of taking a head unit with no face, and slashing the subwoofers beacuse you can't get them out is just rediuclous!not only that, he broke in the car rather stupidly too.. i really do hope it is someone you could find just to get em back somehow.. Im about to stick my subwoofers in my rear hatch if i ever get the leak in there fixed, and im getting my viper alarm installed on friday, for whatever good it'll do since alarms arent very useful these days..

------------------
1991 Camaro Z28
------------------
ENGINE/MECHANICAL MODS:
350 TPI, automatic, Edelbrock Headers, Edelbrock Runners, Flowmaster Exhaust, MSD 8.5mm wires, Autolite Double Platinum Plugs, MSD Cap/Rotar, Random Technology high flow cat, Hypertech Power Chip (160 Deg Thermo), K&N Filterchargers
STEREO MODS:
Pioneer DEH-P6000 Reciever, Q-Logic Dual 10" Bandpass Box, 2 10" MTX Thunder 7000 Subs,
Rockford 250a2 Amp, Infinity Kappa 4x6" plates & 6x9's
Visit my website and see pics at: Frank's 1991 Chevrolet Camaro Website
Old 01-27-2001, 08:44 AM

im cruizin down to some neirborhoods to see whats up with some of the people that have sh*t against me. im just gonna talk casually and see what they say about my stereo. even better, my insurance wont cover anything but the broken window. not even the tints on that window!
Old 01-30-2001, 02:40 PM

I had the same thing happen to me so I found that the old KickerSSCTF speaker box would fit right into the back hatch area and when the hatch is closed it is impossible to remove or even get to the speaker much less the amps underneath. After that I had my alarm connected as a remote realese and dissconected the switch. My car was again broken into but they didn't take anything. I assume the alarm combined with the difficulty of all the high dollar stuff locked away.
Old 01-30-2001, 04:53 PM

i am 100% sure of who stole me stuff. I found this gang of b*st*rds that live a while away from me who went to my school who automatically knew about my car being broken into. (just to remind you, i didnt say ANYTHING about it and NO ONE knew but me and my mobb brothers. i asked around and they were out that night and were wearing what the witnisses said they were. they also have my discontiued EQ in their car. hmmm suspicious. im goin to have a talk with them 2marrow with my boys.

so i will make them repay for everything, plus a little more, since i got my new glock 2day and a Smith and Wesson 9mm handgun. i havent decided if im going to f up their cars yet. i like that kenwood receiver with the flip out TV screen thing. i think ill be owning that soon too, all expense paid by the punks who stole my stuff.

im building my new box today for my new and more expnsive subs im making a nice secure settup this time hiding the box a lot better and diguising the head unit as the stock one. think this will help?

thanks! dont worry, im not a violent person, ill only put 1 bullet in each kneecap.

[This message has been edited by STL1994 (edited January 30, 2001).]
Old 01-30-2001, 05:20 PM

Car: 1986 Iroc Camaro
Engine: 305 TPI
Transmission: Th700R4 Jr. Raptor
Uh.. hehe spooky.

well, make sure you know they did it before you do anything. when a friend of mine broke into my house, i let the police handle things, and after 3 months, i finally got restitution. they did it, and confessed.

But if i had my way, my winchester 1300 defender would have solved the problem alot quicker.

hehe aim for the head!
Old 01-31-2001, 03:22 PM

Be sure to say "...and THIS one (BLAM!),is for my car!!!"

------------------
LONG LIVE THE F-BODY!!
Old 01-31-2001, 09:21 PM
Supreme Member

you guys are too nice, and finding this post when im in a crappy not happy, no goody goody, shoot furby and teletubbies in the head mood, you make sure theyre the numb nutz that did it, then i would prob tie em down and burn em with the exaust, then mention that you might be missing some shyt, then.....

ok, no more taking out my anger on gangi bangi's i dunno,,

sorry, thanx fer the space,
no im not on crack, i high, on luvvvv(for my car)

------------------
91 FireBird 305 V-8
no true mods,
ghetto rigged cold air intake,
People dont have a soul, its just something parents made up to frighten little children, like the boogie man, or micheal jackson..."

GheTTo Riggers INC.
We Make Mcgyver look Like Crap
Old 02-01-2001, 04:18 PM

i got the guys to confess that they stole it after a little confrontation that included a little pushing and then pulling out of the glock. when they looked down the 40 caliber barrel, they gladly gave up the stuff plus we went to a local stereo shop and got my subs: 2 12" cerwin vega vega serries to be used with a ported box, kenwood TV receiver , and a new amp. now my only challenge is making a box for my subs.

i also had my windows retinted with their money. they cant tell the cops because they know what will happen if they do, and anyway, he started the whole fight and i was ONLY using self defense **cough cough** **cough cough**

anyone know a way that i can use some sort of key-only switch inside the car to open the hatch release?

thanks in advance

[This message has been edited by STL1994 (edited February 01, 2001).]
Old 02-01-2001, 05:33 PM

Well I'm proud of you...I would have atleast smacked em around a little.

Cool. Got your stuff back. Did you get your old glock back too?

------------------
LONG LIVE THE F-BODY!!
Old 02-01-2001, 06:10 PM

i didnt get the glock back because i think he sold it or somethin, i think he was telling the truth when i had me new glock loaded and right up in his face. i did make him pay for the glock plus a few other extras . im so happy that this is all over with.

o, and the reason i didnt smack him up a little is that i didnt want to have TOO much fun and knock him un-consciece (spelling?) then i could not get my info from him.
Old 02-01-2001, 07:42 PM
Neo
TGO Supporter

Dude I am happy to hear you got your stuff replaced. Where do you live? I want to get you on my good side. lol

------------------
Mike Kenny
Current: 1991 RS 305 TBI
Past: 1990 RS 305 TBI (A woman forgot what red lights are for)
Current: mostly stock - newer 305 w/ 12,000 on it
Eclipse speakers all around w/ 10" tube powered by a Alpine V12 in back
K&N filter w/XStream flow lid - It is sweet!!
Future: 2" Cowl hood
Old 02-01-2001, 09:55 PM

Just be careful he dont get a posse together and put the beat down on ya...I'd watch my back if iwere you...this might not be over in his eyes. be careful man.
Old 02-02-2001, 02:22 PM

dont worry, i live on the east coast, in and out of NJ, CT and NY. i only mess people up like that when they damage something i put so much work into.

ill watch my back, but im not worrying because behind my back is my mob of italians who will mess anyone up, if other people start with them that is. he can get the biggest group of dudes he wants, ill just have my group get bigger. until then, i have my built up (body-building) italian bud by my side.
Old 02-02-2001, 03:03 PM
Supreme Member

ok, ummmmmmmmmmmmm glock, gun, registration, murder, you fcked,
very blunt, hands frozen,

you might have to do something about that.
Old 02-02-2001, 03:29 PM

Car: 1986 Trans Am
Engine: 305 TPI
Transmission: Auto
Is it just me or is anyone else distressed that he had a gun under the seat???

Must be that I'm Canadian!!!!

sorry to hear about your loss, and the worse is yet to come. No tunes for weeks!

------------------
1986 Black & Gold WS6
Trans AM...The Muscle Car Lives
...Its just not at home at the moment...

www.members.home.net/nosaint
Old 02-02-2001, 05:50 PM

It must be something about canadians. **** keep your hand guns in your house. I don't know why every one is suprsied when someone breaks into there car, pay atteniton. If you spend any more than $500 on your stereo then spend at least 40% of what you spend on your stereo on your alarm. YOu don't buy a car and leave the doors unlocked. Protect your stereo expecially if you are a psychopath with enough hand guns for a small army.
Old 02-02-2001, 08:18 PM

i always keep the glock under the front seat just in case someone pulls some crap. some dude pulled a gun on me once before and high jacked my car a while ago, when i never owned a gun) so i always have protection ever since then.

im going to sell that car now, and either get a 1990 Formula or a 1982-1984 Camaro and restore it back to normal with many mods. believe me, im going to protect this car like CRAZY. it will be the ultimate sleeper, with the stereo looking 100000% like stock and parts hidden

who ever said i left the doors unlocked?

[This message has been edited by STL1994 (edited February 02, 2001).]
Old 02-03-2001, 03:41 PM

damn yo, i dunno about all this 'mobb' talk. But if you keep waving guns around, somebody will catch you. Trust me, i dont even carry a gun and i got into some trouble. All i have in my car is a bat.. and thats just in case the other guys bigger
Old 02-03-2001, 05:03 PM

a lot of people are reading this post and thinking im a guy who waves guns around in people's faces and shoot people for fun. i dont know how people can jump to such conclusions, but when people start stuff with me like that, damage my stuff, and then start pushing me around because of it, im not exactly gonna stand there and have them do it.

and when i say mob, i dont mean i have 10 million italians in black tuxedoes with 2 uzi's under each side of their coats, ready to kill people. i mean 2-3 friends of mine who will stick up for what im trying to do. i never killed anyone and i certainly dont carry around a stolen gun with no license to it. its registered and sitting under my front seat for protection. this is the one time i ever had to take it out, and hopefully my last.

the cops in my area do NOTHING at all but sit down, eat, and get paid. (is that why it takes them over 3 hours to drive down the street, literally the same street less than 1 mile away from me, to the scene of my car accident a while back?) anyway, if i called the cops, i would have got my stuff back 2 years from now if i was lucky.

i think they learned their lesson and its pretty much over. when i added up all the damage that they did to the car itself and the stereo, it added up VERY close to the money i drained out of him. that is exactly what i said to him as i added up the prices on a calculator after he threatened to call the cops. he understood, then i showed him that my gun was unloaded, and i had 1 clip in my pocket that i didnt plan on using. it was pretty much all a set up little plan.
Old 02-03-2001, 05:15 PM

then amen, im just sayin we need more camaro drivers, not dead ones. I think what you did is good... to an extent. A gun is very serious, and you can be charged seriously. i sound like a damn dad, im 17 damnit. I dunno, i just realized all this after i got charged with some BS..

glad to hear you got your **** back

kev
Old 02-03-2001, 05:28 PM

hey, thanks for understandng what i said, and its a good thing to sound like a dad because heck, if im pointing a loaded gun to some guys head because of my stereo, thats definitly not good. i was only gettin him scared

o, and that last post by me wasnt pointing out or putting down anyone, i was just tryin to straighten it out before rumors start going around, and i end up being called the guy who murdered someone because of theft,and who is now typing on a message forum in prison