History / Originality Got a question about 1982-1992 Camaro or Firebird history? Have a question about original parts, options, RPO codes, when something was available, or how to document your car? Those questions, answers, and much more!

4.3 mile IROC-Z on eBay - UPDATE

Old 04-22-2009, 05:21 PM

Received 167 Likes on 123 Posts
Car: 87 IROC-Z, 82 Pace Car
4.3 mile IROC-Z on eBay - UPDATE

Just an FYI on the 4.3 mile IROC-Z from eBay. I have been in contact with the new owner. They have no interest in joining or communicating on message forums as the gentleman is an older guy from Indiana and he is a car collector. The new owner has another person communicating with me and they are asking for help in the restoration of the car.

It seems the car went to a good home and the new owner is trying to locate original, unused rims so that they will be as new as the car. I was told that they will video tape and photograph the progress of the restoration. They just received the car from NJ yesterday. They are really excited to find out what's under all the dirt and they've already determined that the interior stills smells new. I will continue to update as I hear more from them.
Old 04-22-2009, 05:50 PM
Administrator

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Car: Red 87 IROC-Z28 T-Top
Engine: 5.7 Tuned Port Injection
Transmission: 700R4 Auto
Axle/Gears: BW 9-Bolt 3.27
Re: 4.3 mile IROC-Z on eBay - UPDATE

The person you're dealing with seems more tech savvy than the owner. How about asking him to join to keep us updated on the car?
Old 04-22-2009, 06:09 PM
Supreme Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Car: 89 IROC-Z
Engine: 370 LSX, LS3 Top End
Transmission: Built T-56
Axle/Gears: 9" Aluminum Center 3.89's

Originally Posted by IROCZTWENTYGR8
The person you're dealing with seems more tech savvy than the owner. How about asking him to join to keep us updated on the car?
That would be awesome to get the guy talking to Scott to join us here! However, would it be possible to block PMs for the guy? I mean he would get 500+ PMs here a day .

NEW single stripe irocs must be very hard to find, we should all chip in and help with searching.
Old 04-22-2009, 06:22 PM
JT
Community Administrator

Received 255 Likes on 184 Posts

Originally Posted by 89ROC-Z
That would be awesome to get the guy talking to Scott to join us here! However, would it be possible to block PMs for the guy? I mean he would get 500+ PMs here a day .

NEW single stripe irocs must be very hard to find, we should all chip in and help with searching.
Any user can opt to not accept PMs and/or emails through the forums.

It does sound like a good idea for the party that Scott is in communication to join the forums as he probably will have just as much knowledge and access to the car.
Old 04-22-2009, 06:32 PM

He is currently looking for a set of factory rims that are perfect. Any help without requiring a mortgage to buy the rims is appreciated.
Old 04-22-2009, 07:20 PM

Car: 1992 Camaro Z28 1LE
Engine: 305 TPI
Transmission: 5-speed
Axle/Gears: G92 Perf. Axle

I'm glad to hear that the car at least went to a good home, if not to a thirdgen enthusiast.
Old 04-22-2009, 09:14 PM

Car: 1991 Trans Am
Engine: 5L TPI
Transmission: 700R4

Thanks for finding and following up with this new owner. I'd been wondering if we here on the site would ever see or read any more about the car. I'm fascinated by it. It's pretty cool the interior still smells new
Old 04-22-2009, 10:08 PM

Latest words:

Scott,

Thank you for the reply, and the information. You won’t have to worry about the markings on the glass, this car will be washed very, very, carefully using only very mild car wash soap. In fact I will be the one detailing it. I am a car nut myself, and am one of the pickiest people I have seen as far as detailing a car. Most people say I get a little carried away when I detail cars, but when they are finished, they never complain. I used to have a toy but got rid of it years ago due to stupid reasons I won’t go into. I had a 1988 Pontiac Fiero GT with only 18,000 miles on it. It had the very rare T-Top option and leather seats. I won some car shows with it as well. I had it about 6 years and only put about 700 miles on it in that time. Anyway, like I said, this car will be handled very carefully when it is being washed and waxed. I will not buff it, and I don’t believe it will need it. It does have some scuffs and marks, but I think they will come out with 2-3 coats of wax. I agree, most dealerships detail departments are trained to produce quantity, not quality so there is no way I am going to let any one touch the finish of this car but me.

I will shoot some videos and pictures of the car before and after being washed, then after being waxed as well.

Guess what, we got it running today!! It runs perfect!! Our top technician who is extremely intelligent worked on it today. He first checked the cylinders inside with a scope to make sure there was no rust before cranking the engine over. He also put a little oil down the cylinders and cranked the engine over with the coil wires off to work the oil to the rings, and also pump oil to the top of the engine before starting it up. Once that was done, he put some gas into the carb, and cranked it over a few times and it started!. It ran very well for the few seconds of fuel it had in the carb. After several attempts to get the carb pumping fuel, and working properly, the tech decided that the fuel inside the carb was “gummed” up, and needed cleaned. We all thought that, but we had to try. So, he took the carb off, cleaned the jets, and put it back on. He did not alter any adjustments in any way, just cleaned it up, and that’s it. After that, he hooked up a small gas tank to the fuel pump and the car started and idled perfect!!

I have some video I took of the process I will post on your forum when I have a minute. It’s not very long as my battery went dead in my video camera, but It is all charged and ready to go now. Oh, and buy the way, I will be glad to join your forum and keep everyone updated on the process. One more thing, we did change the oil before we started the car, but left the original oil filter on. I can’t believe how great this car runs after sitting that many years. I was worried when we got the car that all the rubber seals around the t-tops, windows, and doors would be all cracked and dry rotted, but there not! They are in great shape! They could use a bath, and some armor all, or silicone to moisten the rubber a bit. The underside of the car is like new also. It has the normal small amount of rust that every new car has underneath when they come off the carrier like some of the unpainted steel and or cast iron parts. Other then that the underbody is in awesome shape. I remember the video that was on youtube, the guy said that the rear floor mats were missing, or did not come with them. Well, I found the rear floor mats today. The only issue with the floor mats is the rubber backing that gm used back then has decayed and has turned into a tar like substance. If you touch it your hands turn very sticky and black.

Thank you for offering to help with the parts, I really appreciate that Scott. Based on your suggestion, I think I am going to purchase those two “New” oem wheels that are in NY, then I will just have to come up with two more and we will be set. It will be expensive, but like you said, it will be worth more that way being all original. I will also call and order a copy of the invoice so I can get the key codes. Kind of sucks, can’t even open the rear hatch without having a key. This car does not have the optional power hatch release located in between the power windows switches.

Well, I better quit talking your ear off, and get my daughter to bed. After that I am going to visit your forum and sign up. I will email you very soon with some more updates Scott. Thank you again for all of your suggestions and your help. It is very much appreciated!!! Take care…

Old 04-22-2009, 11:05 PM
Supreme Member

Car: 89 IROC-Z
Engine: 370 LSX, LS3 Top End
Transmission: Built T-56
Axle/Gears: 9" Aluminum Center 3.89's

He sounds like an A+ guy to work on this car! I hope those videos show up on here soon! (It's like Christmas waiting for this guy lol)
Old 04-23-2009, 12:11 AM
Supreme Member

Car: 92 RS(sold) 1989 IROC-Z
Engine: 350 TPI
Axle/Gears: ones that turn

Im glad it went to a good home I wonder where in indiana?
Old 04-23-2009, 12:45 AM

Car: 1992 Z28 L98 G92
Engine: 5.7 350 B2L
Transmission: 700 R4
Axle/Gears: 3.23

Seems like a decent guy and thanks for the update Scott.
Old 04-23-2009, 08:36 AM

I have the name, address and phone number of where the car is, but I want to respect their privacy so I removed it from the email I posted. When the person joins here, they can disclose whatever they want to. I will say that the car is located in the north central region of Indiana, so anybody up there may see the car this summer if it's taken out to shows or displays.
Old 04-23-2009, 11:18 AM
Supreme Member

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post
Car: 1984 Trans Am
Engine: LT1
Transmission: T56
Axle/Gears: 10 bolt w/ 4.10 gears

Scott, do you know if the new owner plans to install the front chin spoiler or not?
Old 04-23-2009, 12:11 PM

From what I hear, they plan on getting the car drivable. Not sure if you read his email above, but they already got the car running and said that it runs and idles great. I am only assuming the chin spoiler is going on, because of the search for original rims and ultimate detailing they plan to do.
Old 04-23-2009, 12:15 PM
Supreme Member

yes, i did read the e-mail. it was a good read and I was glad to hear the engine is in good shape after all those years. I wasn't sure if they wanted to keep it in as "virgin" form as possible by keeping it as it was received from the factory or if they would make it more presentable by installing the front chin spoiler.
Old 04-23-2009, 12:37 PM

Car: 1988 Camaro Sport Coupe
Engine: 5.0 305 Carb'd

like everybody else i wanna see vids of it as well. you said theyre gonna get it driveable (which they already did) but theyre not going to drive it are they?!??!? id drive it onto the showroom floor and then hide the keys!!

thanks for getting him pointed to this site Scott, its just another reason why this site is the best 3rd gen site on the planet.
Old 04-23-2009, 02:16 PM

Hello everyone,

Sorry it took so long to get back to you. I am our IT guy here, and had to fix a few of our service department's laptops. I am a person of many hats here...(Good job security)

http://s258.photobucket.com/albums/h...icialStart.flv First attempt to start..

http://s258.photobucket.com/albums/h...=SecondTry.flv Second attempt..

http://s258.photobucket.com/albums/h...t=ThirdTry.flv Third & final attempt before carb clean

Anyway, we currently have the fuel tank out so all of the nasty old fuel can be cleaned out. Plus we are going to flush the fuel lines as well. Here are a couple small videos of the car starting for the first time. It’s not the best quality because it was taken with a digital camera, but it should do the trick for now. I will post some pictures later. I am a bit behind on updating our web site, so I will do that and then later return to the forum for some pictures. Pay no attention to the smart mouth parts guy who said "put a hose on it". The doors were open in the shop that day, and the car dident even smoke that much at all, he was just being a smart *ss is all. We did put a exhaust hose on the car to shut him up though..
Keep in mind that the fuel lines are disonnected, and its only running on fuel that we put in the carb directly. The plan was to see if the car would start pumping fuel out of the jets, or prime the carb if you will, but the jets were all gummed up, so the carb was removed later that day to be cleaned and reinstalled.

I did take a video of the Iroc yesterday after the carb was reinstalled. We set up a small gas can and fed fuel directly to the fuel pump since we diconnected the tank. It ran flawlessvery with the carburetor all cleaned up. It was taken with a vhs-c video camera, so I have to convert the tape to a smaller format that I can upload here or photobucket. I will work on that when I get home after work today.

Oh, and by the way, the car currently located at our Dealership Oliver Ford in Plymouth, IN. And as far as the lower front air dam, we do plan on installing that when the car is completely done. It will be the last thing we put on the car to finish it off. I think the car's looks really require it to be installed. It just doesn’t look like an Iroc without it, but that’s just my opinion anyway...

I will be back later guys with some pictures....Take care!!

Keith
Old 04-23-2009, 03:24 PM
Supreme Member

welcome! I agree that installing the front chin spoiler is the way to go. I can't remember from the auction pictures, were the holes already in place in the bumper cover for it or was that left up to the dealer to drill them?
Old 04-23-2009, 03:31 PM
JT
Community Administrator

Originally Posted by NEW-85IROC-Z
Hello everyone,

Sorry it took so long to get back to you. I am our IT guy here, and had to fix a few of our service department's laptops. I am a person of many hats here...(Good job security)

http://s258.photobucket.com/albums/h...icialStart.flv First attempt to start..

http://s258.photobucket.com/albums/h...=SecondTry.flv Second attempt..

http://s258.photobucket.com/albums/h...t=ThirdTry.flv Third & final attempt before carb clean

Anyway, we currently have the fuel tank out so all of the nasty old fuel can be cleaned out. Plus we are going to flush the fuel lines as well. Here are a couple small videos of the car starting for the first time. It’s not the best quality because it was taken with a digital camera, but it should do the trick for now. I will post some pictures later. I am a bit behind on updating our web site, so I will do that and then later return to the forum for some pictures. Pay no attention to the smart mouth parts guy who said "put a hose on it". The doors were open in the shop that day, and the car dident even smoke that much at all, he was just being a smart *ss is all. We did put a exhaust hose on the car to shut him up though..
Keep in mind that the fuel lines are disonnected, and its only running on fuel that we put in the carb directly. The plan was to see if the car would start pumping fuel out of the jets, or prime the carb if you will, but the jets were all gummed up, so the carb was removed later that day to be cleaned and reinstalled.

I did take a video of the Iroc yesterday after the carb was reinstalled. We set up a small gas can and fed fuel directly to the fuel pump since we diconnected the tank. It ran flawlessvery with the carburetor all cleaned up. It was taken with a vhs-c video camera, so I have to convert the tape to a smaller format that I can upload here or photobucket. I will work on that when I get home after work today.

Oh, and by the way, the car currently located at our Dealership Oliver Ford in Plymouth, IN. And as far as the lower front air dam, we do plan on installing that when the car is completely done. It will be the last thing we put on the car to finish it off. I think the car's looks really require it to be installed. It just doesn’t look like an Iroc without it, but that’s just my opinion anyway...

I will be back later guys with some pictures....Take care!!

Keith
Keith, welcome to ThirdGen.org and thanks for registering to update all on the status of the car. If you need help, let me know. I'm sure we could host some of the content here.

Good luck.
Old 04-23-2009, 03:51 PM

Originally Posted by JeremyNYR
welcome! I agree that installing the front chin spoiler is the way to go. I can't remember from the auction pictures, were the holes already in place in the bumper cover for it or was that left up to the dealer to drill them?
The factory already has them in place. The chin spoiler just needed to be mounted.

BTW, thanks for joining, Keith and welcome to TGO!
Old 04-23-2009, 03:55 PM
Supreme Member

Car: 1987 GTA
Axle/Gears: 9 bolt 3.70 posi

Keith, it just so happens that there is a guy local that has a set of Iroc rims....85-87 Gold that I could get you in contact with to get some pictures from him to see if they would be either a good starting point to have the rims refinished or just not worth it if you would like.

here's what he says just a quick blurb about them

I have a set of 16'' IROC wheels for sale. The wheels are in good condition but the tires are dry rotted some.
Old 04-23-2009, 04:27 PM

Thanks guys for the welcome and information! Im pretty excited to see this car transform into a "new" car again. I just emailed the guy in NY who has a set of 2 wheels that are new in the box. Can you tell me if these are the correct wheels for the car?? The build sheets says "86P" Silver Wheels, but I dont know this car as well as you guys do. I thought I would ask before I went ahead and bought them. I posted a pic so you could see for yourself.

Well, I will check back in a little while with some pictures, just need to finish some stuff at work here first. Talk to you soon!

Keith
Attached Thumbnails 4.3 mile IROC-Z on eBay - UPDATE-roc1.jpg  
Old 04-23-2009, 04:39 PM
Supreme Member

They look to be the 85-87 design, I think they came either gold or silver. I don't know if they did the Iroc wheels like the GTA wheels...my GTA has two wheels stamped front and two stamped rear
Old 04-23-2009, 08:13 PM

Car: 1992 Camaro Z28 1LE
Engine: 305 TPI
Transmission: 5-speed
Axle/Gears: G92 Perf. Axle

Keith, welcome to TGO and good luck with the IROC. It definitely seems to be in good hands.

This has been one of the most talked-about cars on our forum, and we all look forward to watching its progress.
Old 04-23-2009, 08:30 PM
Supreme Member

Car: 89RS(other cars & pics in vBgarage)
Engine: LO3, 305 TBI Mildly Modified
Transmission: BakerBuilt 700R4 w/B&M Megashifter
Axle/Gears: 3.23 Auburn Pro Series LSD

new-85, welcome

i think we will all be watching this thred......that car has a place in all of our hearts i think......im sure if it gets in a show, there will be plenty TGO members out lookin hard

Last edited by 89RS_82Z; 04-23-2009 at 08:33 PM.
Old 04-23-2009, 09:35 PM

Car: Many
Engine: Several
Transmission: Automatics

I hope you realize you are darn near a God to most of us. I think I speak for all of us when I say if you guys need ANYTHING for this car, we will help in any way. Thank you for updating us on this car.
Old 04-23-2009, 09:47 PM

I know it’s late, but I am getting ready to post some pictures of the day we got the car, and also the 2nd and 3rd day as well. I have some pictures showing some of the work we were doing to it like removing the fuel tank, the carburetor, and other parts so we could get the car running.

I wish I could have taken more pictures, but sometimes my real job got in the way and I had to leave. I tried to pop in and out as much as I could so I could snap some shots...

Anyway, stay tuned, I will post here very shortly... Also working on the video I took of the car being started and running on its own. (Without the need to put fuel in the carb) I just have to compress it so I can post it on photobucket....

Thanks to all for all the great welcome's to this forum. I’m happy to be a part of this group, and look forward talking to you all!

Keith
Old 04-23-2009, 10:06 PM

Car: 88 IROC Z Vert CZA3
Engine: LB9 5.0 tpi
Transmission: MM5 5 spd
Axle/Gears: G92 Performance

Damn this is exciting!!!!!!

Thank you so very much for letting us share in this incredible journey.

I assume it's because i'm a vert man, but I don't know what the gizmo is in pic #8 - I'd like to know:

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/ws/eB...RL:MOTORS:1123
Old 04-23-2009, 10:19 PM

Car: Many
Engine: Several
Transmission: Automatics

Originally Posted by gatorcola
Damn this is exciting!!!!!!

Thank you so very much for letting us share in this incredible journey.

I assume it's because i'm a vert man, but I don't know what the gizmo is in pic #8 - I'd like to know:

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/ws/eB...RL:MOTORS:1123
its an overhead console. you cant use it.
Old 04-23-2009, 10:27 PM

Car: 88 IROC Z Vert CZA3
Engine: LB9 5.0 tpi
Transmission: MM5 5 spd
Axle/Gears: G92 Performance

With all due respect, I knew that. The map & dome are a no brainer but what about the other 11 (?) controls (?)

I see 'Recreation' (?) but I can't read the other notation.

Sorry about the tangent to the thread but I'm curious.
Old 04-23-2009, 10:28 PM

Car: 1988 Camaro Sport Coupe
Engine: 5.0 305 Carb'd

so ummm.... wheres the pics!!!
Old 04-23-2009, 10:33 PM
JT
Community Administrator

Originally Posted by gatorcola
With all due respect, I knew that. The map & dome are a no brainer but what about the other 11 (?) controls (?)

I see 'Recreation' (?) but I can't read the other notation.

Sorry about the tangent to the thread but I'm curious.
Those are thumbwheels to control the numbers (mileage) for two seperate categories. They are just a method for the owner to keep track of mileage, manually.
Old 04-23-2009, 10:56 PM

Car: 86 iroc-z
Engine: 305 tpi
Transmission: 700r-4
Axle/Gears: 2.73 lsd

thats the same color scheme like my iroc xcept my car is an 86 with weak 305 man i will never catch up to my friends 94 lt1 z28
Old 04-24-2009, 05:33 AM

Keith, those are the correct wheels. Too bad you can't locate a set of 4 instead of just 2.
Old 04-24-2009, 08:22 AM
Supreme Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Car: 1988 IROC-Z camaro
Engine: 355 TPI
Transmission: tko 500
Axle/Gears: Dana 44 3.31 posi pbr brakes

Yup as Scott said those are correct. I would buy those now and keep an eye out for the rest. Even if you find a full set you can still unload just those at a later point.

Btw this thread is awesome. Im glad that car went to someone who knows what they are doing.
Old 04-24-2009, 09:02 AM

Hey guys,

Sorry about last night, was in the middle of uploading pictures, and I lost our satilite internet. I cant stand it, but its all I can get where I live.

Anyway, I am at work now and uploading a bunch of picures to photobucket right now, so there should be some pictures soon.

I will post back in just a bit with some links when they are done.

Keith
Old 04-24-2009, 09:03 AM

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts

Keith, welcome to the board and thanks for updating us on the car.
As previously stated, anything you need, just let us know. I personally have a decent stock of NOS parts, mostly for Firebirds but some are interchangeable, always willing to help.
Mark
Old 04-24-2009, 09:07 AM
Supreme Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Car: 1986 Camaro Z28
Engine: 400
Transmission: T5
Axle/Gears: 10 bolt Posi 3.73

Nice car. Welcome to the boards.
Old 04-24-2009, 09:25 AM

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts

What are your plans for the tires once you get the original wheels taken care of?
Mark
Old 04-24-2009, 10:06 AM

Hey guys,

Here is a slide show of some pics the day we first got the car....Uploading more now...

http://s258.photobucket.com/albums/h...view=slideshow

Not really sure what kind of tires are going on yet, been involved in hunting down two more rims, but that is next on my list....I know the Gaterback's that it probably came with are not an option, what would a nice "original" tire that I could stick on this car?

Any Ideals would be appreciated!

Thanks guys for all of your help!!

Keith
Old 04-24-2009, 10:17 AM
Supreme Member

Car: '88 Trans Am GTA; '84 Trans Am
Engine: L98 350TPI; 5.3 LSx built
Transmission: N/A; T56
Axle/Gears: 3.70 9 bolt; 3.73 10 bolt

Keith, Welcome to the fourms. I am from NJ myself so I was wondering where that car was going to end up. Turns out it ended up I think near where I worked last summer. I worked at the Studebaker Museum Archives last summer in South Bend. I find it really ironic that a Chevy is located at a Ford Dealer. Wonder what people had to say about that.

Congrats on getting that car running. Maybe the things I pointed out about the car and getting it running were not as bad on this car as I thought. Most of that is luck as far as the engine's condition. It could have been alot worse.

Hope you get it cleaned up good and on the show circuit soon. Would love to see it in person.
Old 04-24-2009, 10:38 AM

Received 9 Likes on 6 Posts
Car: 1989 GTA Trans sold :(
Engine: 350 TPI L98 (B2L)
Transmission: TH700 R-4
Axle/Gears: 3.27

welcome to the boards new iroc z....

about your tire sugguestion, my uncle just recently purchased a 85 iroc z as well with only 26k miles and it too is going under a restoration process. We've been trying to locate close to original goodyear tires for a long time now and so far we haven't had much for success!
Gatorbacks are long gone, and what were options for the time were Eagles GTII or the Eagles HP, and the Eagles GSCs....but then i learn that they're no longer avalible as well!
Also what was discontinued was the tires i have on my car which were the Eagles HP+4s!

the only thing that's avalible now are the Eagles F1s, Eagles GT-HR, or Eagle RS-A...which i don't think none of them look appealing....

So it'll be tough seeking what your looking for choice wise, unless you rather looking at other tire brands like firestone and bf goodrich....good luck! Keep up the good work!

Last edited by RockinGTA89; 04-24-2009 at 10:50 AM.
Old 04-24-2009, 10:59 AM
Supreme Member

I did a quick search on ebay for gatorbacks and someone in BC has a set on corvette wheels, I dunno if they are worth the price they are asking though.
Old 04-24-2009, 11:19 AM

Originally Posted by Klortho
I did a quick search on ebay for gatorbacks and someone in BC has a set on corvette wheels, I dunno if they are worth the price they are asking though.

Thanks for the info on the tires. Can you tell me the auction number? I cant seem to find it on Ebay....

Thanks!

Keith
Old 04-24-2009, 11:20 AM
Supreme Member

Received 57 Likes on 31 Posts
Car: 1989 Camaro-1LE
Engine: TPI(s)
Transmission: 5 speed (MM5, MK6)
Axle/Gears: 3.45, 3.73

Originally Posted by NEW-85IROC-Z
Hey guys,

Here is a slide show of some pics the day we first got the car....Uploading more now...

Not really sure what kind of tires are going on yet, been involved in hunting down two more rims, but that is next on my list....I know the Gaterback's that it probably came with are not an option, what would a nice "original" tire that I could stick on this car?

Any Ideals would be appreciated!

Thanks guys for all of your help!!

Keith
I have two brand new 245-50-16VR Gatorbacks (still with the sticker on them). I was going to use them on my restoration, but I plan on driving it and racing it from time to time. So "perfect" tires aren't a real requirement. Just looks nice at the car shows.

Mark.
Old 04-24-2009, 11:30 AM

Originally Posted by Mark_ZZ3
I have two brand new 245-50-16VR Gatorbacks (still with the sticker on them). I was going to use them on my restoration, but I plan on driving it and racing it from time to time. So "perfect" tires aren't a real requirement. Just looks nice at the car shows.

Mark.

Mark,

Are the tires in good shape? I know you said they were new, but are they cracked, or dry rotted at all?

Thanks!!
Old 04-24-2009, 11:36 AM
Supreme Member

I sent you a PM Keith
Old 04-24-2009, 11:47 AM

Pictures of the carb off, only had time to take a couple of shots...

Pictures with the fuel tank removed for cleaning....

Tank reinstalled.....

Again, I wish I could have taken more pictures, but just to many things going on each day.. I dont believe anything has been done today, but I am going to double check.. I put the charger on the original battery yesterday and it started to auctually take a charge!! I highly doubt that it will charge enough to start it, but I thought it was amazing that it took a charge at all!

I still have the video to convert at home of the car running perfect, but I will try and take one today with the digital camera so I can post it quick...

Keith
Old 04-24-2009, 11:48 AM

Originally Posted by Klortho
I sent you a PM Keith
Thanks, got it!!

Keith
Old 04-24-2009, 12:02 PM
Banned

Received 10 Likes on 10 Posts
Car: 87 GTA
Engine: L98
Axle/Gears: Dana M78 3.27 posi

Was it ever discovered WHY it went into the trailer at 4 miles, then just left there, never touched again?

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: 4.3 mile IROC-Z on eBay - UPDATE