NW Indiana and South Chicago Suburb Looking for club members to have gatherings, cruises, and to help each other out.

Seller warning

Search this Thread

Old 10-15-2008, 11:27 PM
Supreme Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Car: 2004 Chevy Avalanche
Engine: Some that run, some that don't
Transmission: 700R4's, a T-5, and a Turbo 350
Seller warning

I just wanted to let you guys know there is somebody selling 82-92 Camaro/Firebird parts in the area and I would be a little leary of dealing with him. It's not that I've got a problem with a little competition but it seems ovbious that he is trying to smear me to improve his business. His eBay user name is Fazttoyz13 and is contact name is Brian Blanchard in Arlington Heights, IL. Here's what happened.

This guy bought three items from me off of eBay. A convertible top frame, convertible tonneau cover, and rear wheel spacers. His total bill was around $230 and the listings stated payment was due within ten days. I saw he was local so I e-mailed him and asked if he wanted to pick them up to save on shipping and gave him my number so he could contact me. He got back to me saying he wanted to pick them up the following weekend. He also said he was going to pay by Paypal instead of bringing cash. (He bought them on a Sunday night.) I e-mailed him Friday asking if he knew when he wanted to come by so I could make arrangements to be around. I never heard back from him and he never contacted me over the weekend. Again, I e-mailed him Monday and asked if he knew when he wanted to come by. A couple days went by with no answer so I sent him payment reminders on the items. After that, he got back to me and said he wanted to pick them up that weekend. He said he had been busy and couldn't pick them up the weekend before. (You could tell from his e-mail he wasn't happy I sent him the reminders.) On Friday I sent him an e-mail telling him that I would be around over the weekend and if he wanted to come by that would be great. Again, I never heard from him over the weekend. (At this point he has went two weeks without paying.) On Monday I e-mailed again and asked if he knew when he wanted to come by or at least pay for the items since he was planning to pay by Paypal anyway. Again, he responded by telling me he wanted to some by the following weekend. (Of course, he had already been a no-show twice so I wasn't to confident he would show up this time.) eBay was requesting an update on the disputes so I just left a note on each item saying they still hadn't been paid for. After that, he has the nerve to tell me I pissed him off with my e-mails and that he can't believe how bad the transaction has gone. Of course, he owes me $230 and it's almost three weeks since he bought the items so if anybody should be pissed it's me!!! (I should note that all my e-mails were very polite and never threatening in anyway. Just simply asking when he thought he could come by or at least pay for the items.) The third weekend comes and goes, and again, no contact from him so I closed all three disputes so I could get a refund on them.

After that, he left me negative feedback saying I was a bad seller and that he would never deal with me again. Unfortunately, eBay has a new policy where sellers can't leave anything other than postive feedback for buyers so I have no recourse against him. (Talk about a terrible policy!!!) After looking at the items he had for sale, I see he is selling a tonneau cover and convertible top frame so it's pretty obvious he probably never needed the parts to start with. I think he only bought the items from me with plans to leave negative feedback and damage my reputation knowing I couldn't do the same to him. I know it's only a few negatives but if you are a local buyer and need to chose between buying from me or him those few negative feedback could be the deciding factor.

I think I may met this guy before but I'm not sure. (I think he used to post a lot of stuff for sale on here but Im not sure.) However, I think that if he would do something like this to somebody local who was selling parts, he wouldn't have a problem screwing over somebody he was selling to. I just figured I'd give everybody I warning to keep them from possibly getting screwed over.

Last edited by LFN AT U; 10-15-2008 at 11:40 PM.
Old 10-15-2008, 11:53 PM
Supreme Member

Re: Seller warning

I found out it's the guy I thought it was. He's posted here in the past under the user name IrocZ85.
Old 10-15-2008, 11:58 PM

Car: 1989 IROC
Engine: 305TPI
Transmission: 700R4
Axle/Gears: 2:73 posi

Maybe he had plans of reselling your parts for more money but the deal fell through so he just blew you off.

He has a pretty good rating on eblay but the thing I noticed most is his huge number of items for sale running at the same time!! 239!!!

That's alot of chebbie parts
Old 10-16-2008, 12:23 AM
TGO Supporter

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Car: 1984 Camaro Z28
Engine: L69 305 H.O.
Transmission: T-5
Axle/Gears: 3.73

It's the way of Ebay now, as a seller you can't do squat. It's unfortunate because Ebay was a great way to get your stuff out there and compete with whomever, but now you never really know who you're dealing with. He could be a seller of 82-92 Camaro parts that wants to discredit you. Don't think that Wholesalers aren't out there trying to get rid of the us little guys who eek out a nice income with used parts. There's tons of shill bidding, discrediting, items that go un-paid for etc.. I know that sounds like paranoia but it's just not the same as it used to be.
Old 10-16-2008, 04:19 AM

Car: 92 Camaro RS
Engine: 383
Transmission: t-56
Axle/Gears: 4.11

that sucks man sorry to hear it....if i were you tho there is no reason you cant leave positive feedback (then just put your negative comment on there) to at least get word out..im not familiar with evilbay but that might work....again sorry to hear about that
Old 10-16-2008, 08:05 AM
Supreme Member

Originally Posted by Kevin84Z28
There's tons of shill bidding, discrediting, items that go un-paid for etc.. I know that sounds like paranoia but it's just not the same as it used to be.
You're not kidding, I only used to get a few non-paying bidders a month. Non, since the middle of July I have closed almost 60 non-payment disputes. Since you can't leave negative feedback for buyers they can just go on bidding with no intention of paying and won't get banned until they rack up to many strikes.
Old 10-16-2008, 09:26 AM
Supreme Member

Car: '90 RS
Engine: Vortec 350
Axle/Gears: 3.23 non posi

Originally Posted by LFN AT U
I found out it's the guy I thought it was. He's posted here in the past under the user name IrocZ85.
Thats who I was thinking of when you mentioned he lived in Arlington Heights. I boguht a set of IROC rims from him a couple years ago locally. Hes always parting out thirdgens.
Old 10-16-2008, 10:50 PM
Supreme Member

Car: American Iron Firebird
Engine: The little 305 that could.
Transmission: Richmond T-10
Axle/Gears: Floater 9" - 3.64 gears

I tried to buy a T5 from him a few months ago that he had listed on Craigslist. He agreed to sell it to me at a lower price then what it was listed for on CL then never answered his phone.

That really almost screwed me since I had a race coming up and needed one quick. Luckily, I found one in Joliet, or I would've been driving to Madison, WI the next day

If he rips anyone off, I've got his #, but he didn't answer it anyway so I don't know what good it is.
Old 10-17-2008, 09:02 AM
Moderator/TGO Supporter

Car: 1997 Z28
Engine: LS1
Transmission: T56
Axle/Gears: 3.42

A few people i know have had trouble with him in the past regarding buying parts and a whole car once i believe.

Sorry that happened to you Denny, you are always willing to work with the thirdgen guys on parts and payment.

I can't do much to help you except for watch out for his for sale items on this board.

I think it is fair of us to not allow his for sale thread on the local board since he ripped off a local! Anyone agree?
Old 10-17-2008, 09:25 AM

Engine: 305 TPI
Axle/Gears: 3.23

Yeah, I tried to get him to send me some simple info on parts he had for sale on ebay. He would not send me pictures of a front of a passenger side mirror, nor would he tell me if it was power or manual. So after that I did not want to deal with him. He acted like I was putting him out to ask about it.

This was not the first time I tride to deal with him I tride once more, never again.

Another thing his prices are on the high side and most of what he has looks like junk.

I try and never say anything bad about people, I just dont get a good feeling about him.

So I wont buy from him even if he has what I need.

Let it be known you have been warned.

Last edited by FUNIROC; 10-17-2008 at 02:38 PM.
Old 10-17-2008, 02:34 PM
TGO Supporter

Just as I suspected, you represent competition to him on Ebay, maybe even selling the same type of part. What easier way of getting people to buy from him is by discrediting you. Tit-for-tat...Time to buy something from him and then you get a chance to leave bad feedback...Just make a new EBAY account.
Old 10-19-2008, 10:33 AM

I think he only bought the items from me with plans to leave negative feedback and damage my reputation knowing I couldn't do the same to him.

i doubt his intent was to only give you negative feedback..come on..be reasonable. also he doesnt owe you 230 dollars if he hasnt recieved any items.he only owes you the price of the auction fees. shame on you for dragging it out for so long. in your own words you demand payment in 10 days so on the 11th day you cut ties, move on and sell it again.

Last edited by anthony714; 10-19-2008 at 10:34 AM. Reason: who
Old 10-19-2008, 02:46 PM
TGO Supporter

Originally Posted by anthony714
i doubt his intent was to only give you negative feedback..come on..be reasonable. also he doesnt owe you 230 dollars if he hasnt recieved any items.he only owes you the price of the auction fees. shame on you for dragging it out for so long. in your own words you demand payment in 10 days so on the 11th day you cut ties, move on and sell it again.
Thats not entirely fair either. When he became a member of Ebay he clicked the button that said he would be a responsible member and pay for the auctions he won....Well, he won an auction. The thing only works if people pay. Yes, the seller isn't out anything except the aution fee...but he could have also lost a chance to sell the item. If the winner doesn't come through and the guy that lost out on the auction (assuming there was another bidder) moved on and bought from somebody else, like Fazttoyz13, then he's lost time and money. And why should LFN AT U feel ashamed about trying to give the guy a shipping break while at the same time being diligient about collecting his money when he's the one getting negative feedback.
Old 10-23-2008, 02:09 PM

Car: 91 Bird
Engine: 3.1 w00t
Transmission: 7hundo
Axle/Gears: bent

Old 10-23-2008, 02:41 PM
Supreme Member

In a way, yes. However, when you choose to buy an item off eBay you enter a legal contract to buy the items. The problem I have with him is after he didn't pay for ten days I simply asked him when he was planning to pay and sent him a payment reminder through eBay and he got upset. I did exactly what you're saying I should have done. He didn't pay within the specified time so I started the non-payment process to get my selling fees back. He is the one who broke the deal off then had the nerve to leave negative feedback for me when I did nothing wrong.

Last edited by LFN AT U; 10-23-2008 at 08:39 PM.
Old 10-23-2008, 02:48 PM
Supreme Member

Just as a heads up, he changed his user name here and is now selling items under the user name Fazt87Vert.
Old 10-23-2008, 07:27 PM

Car: 94 25th TA
Engine: 355LT1
Transmission: T-56
Axle/Gears: 10bolt 3.42

^^^You think he read this thread. lol
Old 10-23-2008, 08:49 PM

Originally Posted by LFN AT U
Just as a heads up, he changed his user name here and is now selling items under the user name Fazt87Vert.

I tried to look Fazt87Vert up but Epay said it is not a good handle
Old 10-24-2008, 07:28 AM
Supreme Member

Car: '90 RS
Engine: Vortec 350
Axle/Gears: 3.23 non posi

Should be his handle here was changed not on ebay
Old 10-24-2008, 11:12 AM
Supreme Member

Car: 86 Z28
Engine: 305
Transmission: 700r4
Axle/Gears: TBD

i bought a maf from him this summer. no real probs here although it burned out after 4mo, it was used so no biggie
Old 10-24-2008, 11:14 AM

si
Old 10-24-2008, 03:02 PM

Originally Posted by Arizona IROC
I tried to look Fazt87Vert up but Epay said it is not a good handle
did he say ebay name or his name here????????
Old 10-24-2008, 09:16 PM

Car: 91 RS
Engine: 350 TBI
Transmission: World Class T-5
Axle/Gears: 3.27 9-Bolt LSD

I think he only bought the items from me with plans to leave negative feedback and damage my reputation knowing I couldn't do the same to him.

i was selling some 57 vette tail light housings and they winning bidder didnt respond to email for 14 days so i relisted them and they sold and he gave me negative feedback so you cant cut ties it will still come back and bite u in the butt, ebay puts too much power to the buyer, who is typically the lower rated, less dependable party in the deal. not always but most of the time
Old 10-24-2008, 10:21 PM

I'm real careful about that. I don't even put similar things on Eblah until after the feedback is in.
Paranoia isn't a bad thing when it comes to Eblat