Vacuum Lines Diagrams!!! I GOT THEM ALL!!!!! - Page 6 - Third Generation F-Body Message Boards

Go Back  Third Generation F-Body Message Boards > Tech Boards > Tech / General Engine
Reload this Page >

Vacuum Lines Diagrams!!! I GOT THEM ALL!!!!!

Tech / General Engine Is your car making a strange sound or won't start? Thinking of adding power with a new combination? Need other technical information or engine specific advice? Don't see another board for your problem? Post it here!

Vacuum Lines Diagrams!!! I GOT THEM ALL!!!!!

Old 02-10-2019, 11:14 AM

Re: Vacuum Lines Diagrams!!! I GOT THEM ALL!!!!!

Originally Posted by oneoldman View Post
None of the diagrams I've seen answer my question. I have an 87 Camaro 2.8L mpfi the double vacuum port on rear of upper plenum I know the large side goes to the brake booster I have a hose from the vacuum cannister in left front fender and a small very short plastic line from firewall at the a/c heaterbox area. I need to know what type of connector marries the saller port on the plenum to these other two lines that I think are for the heater controls. The car was disassembled when I bought it.
HELLO:
If you found the diagram for your 1987 2.8L, with the vacuum can in the front left fender, may I have a copy? Thank you. Brett
Old 02-11-2019, 09:02 AM

THANK YOU!
Might you also have the vacuum diagram for the HVAC vacuum hoses for a 1987, 2.8L, MPFI? My Camaro has the vacuum accumulator ball under left front fender. The P.O. removed the vacuum hoses for the accumulator ball, the heater valve, and the thru firewall hoses too.
Again, thank you,
Brett
Old 02-11-2019, 09:45 AM
Supreme Member

Car: Yes
Engine: Usually
Transmission: Sometimes
Axle/Gears: Behind me somewhere

All of that is not part of the vac diag unfortunately. The diag covers the "engine" only, but the accumulator and all that, is part of the "car" and varies according to what options are installed.

However, it's pretty simple, and doesn't depend on what year (up to a point) the car is or what engine it has. There will be a line coming off of a vac source on the plenum or intake manifold; it will go to a check valve, pointed in the direction that allows vac to suck through it, but would prevent "blowing" in the direction of from the vac source toward the rest of the world; there will be a T fitting (some check valves incorporate the T); one leg of the T goes toward the HVAC control head (the purple small plastic vac line through the firewall) and the cruise, the other goes toward the Orb Of Power in the fender. The purpose of it all is to allow vac through the check valve when the vac is hogh (idle & cruise), then when the engine vac falls (hard acceleration), the Orb holds enough vac to keep the little doors under the dash that direct air from relaxing, and the check valve prevents the stored vac from simply being drained off into the engine. The white little plastic line through the firewall goes to the heater control valve, if your car has that.
Old 02-14-2019, 11:41 PM

I have an 88 Trans AM GTA 5.0L Tune Port Inj, I am replacing all the vacuum lines and one is just laying by the batter. I need a diagram . If any of y'all could help Id be very grateful
Old 02-15-2019, 12:40 AM

Car: 1987 Z28 Camaro
Engine: 305 LG4 4bbl
Transmission: TH700R4

Post #239 should sort you out