Theoretical and Street Racing Use this board to ask questions about street racing, discuss your street races, and "who would win?" questions. Keep it safe.

to all you mustang owners out there...

Search this Thread

Old 10-29-2001, 11:44 PM
Supreme Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Car: 1989 Iroc Z L98
to all you mustang owners out there...

welcome aboard (bet you didnt expect that did ya?) its good to see a good variety of people on this site and i have been noticing you guys have been helping out a lot lately. keep it up.
Old 10-29-2001, 11:52 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Thanks Unknown.

Even though I've been here a while, I feel like I am a new member. I don't even talk about my Formula anymore. I should be making that faster. But, no money!

It's good to see F-body and Mustang enthusiasts get along. Who is next to rip on us, the PT Cruiser owners? Station Wagon owners? Bring it on!

-Todd-

------------------
1989 Formula WS6
Recently re-converted back to bone-stock for economy.
-L03, Auto, 2.73, etc.
Best Run(formerly modified): 14.1 @ 97 mph.
Recent Run(Stock): 16.1 @ 83 mph.

=========================
1988 Mustang GT
-T-tops, E-303 Cam/1.6 rollers, 3.73 gears, Auto, 4" cowl,
fiberglass hatch, Hooker headers into Flowmaster 40s, and much more.
Best run: 13.87 @ 98 mph.
1991 Mercury Topaz
-2.3 HSC I4, Auto, winter beater.
1986 Buick Regal
-Drag car project for my built Olds 403 V8.
Old 10-30-2001, 12:07 AM
Administrator

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Car: Red 87 IROC-Z28 T-Top
Engine: 5.7 Tuned Port Injection
Transmission: 700R4 Auto
Axle/Gears: BW 9-Bolt 3.27
Another Non-Tech post. What its about is cool and all, but are u guys trying to have this board taken away?? This could have been said in another post actually about Street Racing.

[This message has been edited by IROCZTWENTYGR8 (edited October 29, 2001).]
Old 10-30-2001, 12:31 AM

Ok, I'll tell you about another race, just so this is a tech post.

Last night, I also "raced" a 4-cylinder Honda Accord with 18 inch white rims, and a huge buzzing fart tip. It also had a double layer wing too. I was revving my Mustang for my friend, Ryan at the gas station after I raced that 2000 BMW M coupe. I guess he wanted to hear it so he could remember it for the long 10 hours ahead he had in complete loneliness.

Two guys in turbans walk up and pay for their gas, and walk away laughing. I get out of my car and ask what is so funny...

"Your Mustang never stands a chance against Abdar's Accord! Abdar took out (Dr. Gripe, a surgeon. Has the only 360 in town.) a 360 Modena the other day, it was very good!" Me and Ryan started laughing, he turns on the pre-pay speaker, and laughs through that some too. It was pretty pathetic how stupid that guy was.

Anyway, I said, "hey I just got done racing a BMW M coupe, wanna line 'em up and run 'em?" He is like, "Oh, my friend, you want to be humiliated tonight don't you..."

Ryan was laughing so hard now, the laughs were very garbly coming from the pre-pay speaker. So I give Ryan back his keys to his new 88 GT through the slot, and I said bye.

I have my two turban-sportin' buddies follow me out to the same 4-lane highway that I just came from. I knew the outcome already. He revved his engine at me, and it must have taken 5 seconds for it to rev back down. It was that pathetic.

The outcome? I won, obviously. I had it at half-throttle, and I still pulled away from them. They had it floored, I mean, I know for a fact they did, I mean who couldn't hear it...and I see headlights so far back it wasn't funny. Then I let off, and started toying with them, blipping the throttle, putting it to the floor for a sec then letting off...that kinda stuff. This guy had enough. I'm off the gas now, and they do that turban-*****-fly-by and "wave bye-bye"! I was actually doing the speed limit at the time. I was like WTF! I catch them at the next light, and they are laughing and pointing at me (actually it sounded more like they were praising Allah or something) thinking they beat me. I said B.F.S. flicked them the bird, told them they never beat a Ferrari, my Stang, or any car for that matter and went home all happy about the BMW M coupe kill I had!

Sorry for the length, is that enough to keep this post technical? I love toying with ricers, but do they have to do that dang ***** fly by? That is so lame.

-Todd-

[This message has been edited by ws6formula89 (edited October 29, 2001).]
Old 10-30-2001, 08:36 PM
C2W

I have heard so much about this ***** fly by. Today I experienced it first hand. A couple guys riding in some riced out POS (I have no idea what it was, a Honda something) pulled along side me while I was sitting at a light in front of the Vet school. They start revving on it, making that unmistakeable ***** sound. Well, my 92 RS has 178,000 miles on it and except for some minor exhaust mods an a shift kit, its all stock. I figured what the hell, it might be fun to race. So the light turns and I pull them by about 2-3 car lengths to around 65, I had to make a turn, so I slowed down and they flew by telling me I was Number 1. So, I now know about the ***** fly by.
Old 10-30-2001, 09:35 PM

Thanks for the welcome!

Now about this ***** fly-by (to make it tech)

I have heard from several people that it doesn't matter who is faster, it is about who ends up in front at the end. Say I race a geo metro and utterly destroy it but pop a tire 50 carlenghts ahead and pull over. When the geo comes chugging by 5 minutes later, he win because he ended up in front. Then he goes home to whatever message board he calls home and writes about the Mustang that "blew it's whole rear end" up as his geo was smoking the crap outta me. Then they will call Ford a POS and go on about how much more superior their geos are to vettes, porsches and ferraris and in turn inflating the egos of thousands of other kids who now forget about buying a V8 and all the sudden want a powerful geo metro.

Another thing i heard while browsing message boards overrun by ricers is that you don't win until you flip the hazards on. If I race you and am winning but then let off, and you pass me and throw on your hazzards, you win because you claimed it first. Yes, sounds stupid, but this is what some beleive.

Then i could tell you about the time in an AOL chat room some kid was convinced he could beat a corvette or viper because his civic with I/E ran 12's. I asked how he knew it ran 12's and he said because he measured out a 1/4 mile and timed himself. I just left after he said that

------------------
Mike
--Black '88 Mustang LX 5.0L AOD--
BBK Headers, Off-Road H-pipe, MAC 2.5" Cat-back exhaust, UD Pulleys
3.73's, FMS "C" Springs, Tokico Shocks,
'93 Pony rims, Saleen Spoiler
5-spd swap VERY soon

-14.42 @ 98MPH (w/ 2.4 60-footer)-
Old 10-30-2001, 10:42 PM
Supreme Member

I give respect where it is due. I have respect for some stangs. especially the stang owners in here who post like normal human beings.

Glad to see that american car owners can get along. now if we can only eat some rice together.

------------------
*1989 RS
*Red, Daytona Turbo fiberglass hood, chrome 16x8 IROC wheels
*355 CID
*TPI ported plenum, SLP siamesed runners, Edelbrock high flow intake
*SLP 1 and 3/4 headers with 3 inch catback *Richmond 3.73, Auburn Posi
*Modded 700-R4, 2800 stall converter
*eibach pro kit and hotchkis sturt tower brace
Old 10-30-2001, 11:42 PM
Supreme Member

Car: '10 Subaru Forester
Engine: 2.5 Boxer
Transmission: 4EAT
Axle/Gears: 4.44
My hazards are real hard to turn off... I haven't lost to any imports yet, so guess it's all good LOL...
Old 10-30-2001, 11:50 PM
Supreme Member

Car: '10 Subaru Forester
Engine: 2.5 Boxer
Transmission: 4EAT
Axle/Gears: 4.44
<font face="Verdana, Arial" size="2">Originally posted by Mustang5L5:

Then i could tell you about the time in an AOL chat room some kid was convinced he could beat a corvette or viper because his civic with I/E ran 12's. I asked how he knew it ran 12's and he said because he measured out a 1/4 mile and timed himself. I just left after he said that
</font>
Going by that standard I do it in 7.2 sec
(at WOT in 4th)
Old 10-31-2001, 07:32 AM
Nic
Supreme Member

Car: 1993 Ford Mustang
Engine: 5.0L
Transmission: T5
AOL 1/4 mile time = real life 1/4 mile - 4 seconds

------------------
1989 Mustang LX 5.0 Coupe
13.34@106.7 - needs more gear and converter

1992 Mustang LX 5.0 Convertible
14.23 @ 95.something - 100% bone stock motor - it's been a while since I've ran this one

1993 LX 2.3L Hatchback - "The Ride to VCU"

Moderator Stangtec.com, SN95.com
Amelia and Nic's Twin Terrors
Old 10-31-2001, 02:30 PM

Received 18 Likes on 14 Posts
Car: 91 Firebird 'vert, 91 Formula
Engine: 5.7, 5.0
Transmission: T56, T5
Axle/Gears: Auburn w/ 3.73's, 3.42
I agree, One Love...the love for speed & power! My girlfriend has a '97 GT convertible so we constantly have the ford vs. chevy battles but always in fun. She's actually in KeyWest all week & I currently have the intake turn apart on my Z (more modding!) so I've been rumping around in the GT all week w/ the top down & heat on! It has BBK intake, off-road H-Pipe, Flowmaster 2-chamber exhaust so even though it's barely broken 14's w/ her driving, sounds Awesome! As for the import thing, some import guys are okay but I can't stand the drive-by's either! My buddy has a Jackson supercharged V-Tech Civic that's a little screamer for an import. But he's into cars in general & always gives respect where due. However, I had some kid a few months ago in a newer 200SX try to race me at a light. I ignored him as he took off then he waited for me & kept instigating then gave me the bird when he turned off the road...it just takes all kinds to make the world go 'round!

------------------
'91 Z28 1LE; 355, Sportsman II heads, Edelbrock TPI w/ 58mm TB, Tremec TKO 5-speed, 3.73's & much, much more