V6 Discussion and questions about the base carbureted or MPFI V6's and the rare SFI Turbo V6.

they tried to steal my car tonight

Search this Thread

Old 03-01-2004, 02:20 AM
Supreme Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Car: 85 firebird
Engine: Pos 2.8 pulled and replaced with a 350 tpi motor converted to carb.
Transmission: 700r4, vette servo,shift kit, hayden 15"x8" trans cooler.
they tried to steal my car tonight

I was up late like i always am and went to the door to see if it was still nice outside and saw two *******s out there.
One was standing by the house my car was parked infront of the other was on his knees trying to pry out my door lock.

I yelled "Get the F---- away from my car, I'll cut your f------- head off you ***----" And jumped off my porch and ran towards them.

They were about 6 houses from mine, They ran faster then i ever saw anyone run. They turned the corner and when i got to the corner they were gone, I cant run too fast because i suffer from knee cap dislocation but i think they had a car waiting around the corner for them.

The cops came in like 1 minute and took me around to look for them but we didnt find them.

They didnt get the lock out but the *******s did tear a small hole in the door right next to the lock. I filled it with bondo and smoothed the lock even with the door and painted it.

So i need to get an alarm, Im so mad right now. ALSO

I have a club like thing only mine goes around the brake pedal and around the shifter and locks them both so the brakes can not be pushed down and the shifter can not be pulled back.
I REALLY think someone that knew the system i had in the car because unless you cut the lock off the brake and shifter your not moving the car so its obvious they wanted the system. And you cant see any subs or amps when you look in the car. Also my hatch doesnt open from the outside, their isnt even a lock so someone knew this!
Sorry for the long story im soooooo mad...

Last edited by br()bert; 03-01-2004 at 02:28 AM.
Old 03-01-2004, 04:08 AM

Car: 89 f-bird and some others
Engine: 3.4
Transmission: 700R4
Axle/Gears: 3.42
yep better get an alarm. one of the silent ones that pages you so you can sneak up on them.

or attach razors to you speaker box (painted same color as the box) and amp right where someone would grab it to pull on it. That gets'em everytime.

but i think it's illegal so you might want to check on that

at least they didn't get your system.
Old 03-01-2004, 09:16 AM
TGO Supporter

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Car: 1991 Camaro RS Vert
Engine: 350 S-TPI
Transmission: T5
Axle/Gears: GU5/G80/J65
Sorry to here you didnt catch the basterds

And people dont understand why I have my car "gutted". After the 2nd time, I pulled radio, money, rear speakers, everything but proof of insurance, and registration is gone out of my car.

I drive about 12 miles one way to work and back, I learned to listen to the rumble and rattles of my car.
Old 03-01-2004, 10:11 AM
Supreme Member

Car: a car being parted out
Engine: blown up
Transmission: in peices
I like the idea of getting a pressure switch on the drivers seat.
Having a metalic box madde to fit under the seat attached to pressurized air.
The box is filled with nails with the flat heads cut off.

They sit without turning off system... then all you hear is screams. Protection of personal property is a given right. And you better bet whoever is a victem of that anti theft system will not be getting out and running, maybe a slow crawl... and you better bet his freinds are not going to let his newly pierced a s s in their car to get away.
Old 03-01-2004, 12:28 PM
Supreme Member

I like those anti theft ideas.
Well i moved the car infront of my house, actually im like halfway on my pavement. My drivers side lock is smoothes flat with the door now so it'll never come out. The coil wire is off too just incase. It'll stay there untill i can get an alarm. Also my head unit is out. BTW today is my BD, if i didnt look out the door last nite and just went to bed i would have gotten a nice BD present would'nt I?

I hope those bastards get caught next time they try something like that and get the **** beat out of them...
Old 03-01-2004, 12:44 PM

Car: 1992 Chevy Camaro RS
Engine: 3.1L 60* V6
Transmission: 4 Speed Automatic (700-R4)
That happened to me about 3 years ago. They damaged my freaking weatherstripping. Now I have a whistling fury every time I'm on the freeway

A viper alarm system is a good investment. Since I put My Alpine system, no body ever tried to break in the damn thing.
Old 03-01-2004, 02:49 PM
Supreme Member

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts
Car: 1986 Firebird
Engine: 2.8 V6
Transmission: 700R4
Just never blast the music around town. Hide a kill switch for your sub amp so when you blast the music, all anyone hears is high-pitched noise; they'll think you have a garbage factory radio. Then you hit the highway and turn the subs back on.

Spray paint or something over that Bondo; bondo isn't waterproof; it absorbs water and that can cause rust!
Old 03-01-2004, 03:12 PM
Supreme Member

thing is i NEVER even have my system on within a mile of my house so someone knew what i have.
I painted over the bondo last night, i was up till 5;30 am doing it.

Funny thing is, like 10 cops drove by when i was doing it and not one stopped to ask what the hell i was doing.
Old 03-01-2004, 09:02 PM
Supreme Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Car: 89 Firebird
Engine: L98
Transmission: T-56
Axle/Gears: 3.73
Be ready if any one else trys to do that.
Old 03-01-2004, 10:10 PM
Supreme Member

Car: '86 Camaro SC, '16 QX60
Engine: 2.8 V6 POWER, 3.5L V6 N/A
Transmission: T-5, CVT
I had a similar experience recently. I went out to my car about two weeks ago (the last time I drove it), and put some stuff in the trunk. Then I went to unlock the driver's door and the door was open and unlocked. The door was resting against the car, but not latched. I started sweating like crazy. So I looked inside. They went through all my stuff in console, but didn't steal anything. All my CDs and a $200 pair of sunglasses were still there thrown about the car, and my tools were still in the trunk. They did mess the lock up a bit, just turned it with a screwdriver, but it's okay now. The only thing I can figure is that they wanted the stereo but didn't find the faceplate (it was in my apartment as usual) or they got caught and booked it. Nice of them to leave the door open though because it was raining around that time. I'm not even sure when it happened because I hadn't driven the thing for 3 weeks.
Old 03-01-2004, 10:11 PM
Supreme Member

i am, my car is on my pavement and i made it so it wont start, it also has a lock on the brakes and shifter and my system is on the table behind me now.

Tomorrow im gonna go buy some plates that go over the locks so they can not be pryed out and friday im going to get an alarm, i would get it sooner but i dont have the money.
Old 03-01-2004, 10:37 PM
Supreme Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Car: 86 Berlinetta 84 MonteCL
Engine: 3.4 MPFI 3.8 229
Transmission: 700r4 T350
I knew a guy

that used an airbag charge for under his seat, he took the wad off and left the explosive there...... Sounds like a good theft detterent. Personally, I would advise against an alarm, unless you get the silent type with the wireless pager thingy (then all you need is a Glock). If I catch someone jackin with my car, I'm gonna kill them, literally. I can run faster than them, I gaurantee. Maiming them will only get a lawsuit brought upon you (whack **** judicial sys.). I hope you catch the punks and put a blade to their throat.
Old 03-01-2004, 10:45 PM
Supreme Member

I already have a throw away 22 with no serial numbers
I dont think they will come back from the way they ran but you never know so now im up all night till i get an alarm. The one im looking at has a silent option on it so i could switch it on or have it normal mode.

I told the cop if they come back im gonna kill them, he said "hey i didnt hear that"
Old 03-01-2004, 10:48 PM
Supreme Member

Car: 13 Ram 1500/ 78 Formy
Engine: 5.7 / 7.4
Transmission: 6sp / TH350
Axle/Gears: 3.55 posi / 3.23
uh, yeah

no law suit there
Old 03-01-2004, 11:19 PM
Supreme Member

Car: '99 Trans Am, '86 Camaro
Engine: LS1, Scrap
Transmission: T56, T5
Axle/Gears: 3.42 Stock ZT, 3.42 Open
Things covered under electric fence laws work rather well also.. like running a wire from one of your plugs to the driver seat on a monsterous kill switch or relay, or an actual tazer mounted on steering wheel, shifter, or driver seat, rigged to an alarm output..

Piezo audio pain generators are fun too.. ~120db of nails on chalkboard. Hide 4-5 in the car, and noone's going to want to go near it while the alarm is going off. Just wire them in a redundant form.

Flamethrowers and automated projectile weapons are probably going too far.

I'm personally a big fan of the non-lethal electrocution, though.. The only way I want to find out someone was trying to jack my car is by seeing them curled into a fetal position on the ground by my door...

Carry a 5-way shackle setup in the car, don't even call the cops.. just lock up their unconcious ***, call your friend with a pickup truck, throw him in the bed (secured, of course), toss a tarp over the bed... take to place of unending torture. (death by 1000 paper cuts, a vat of salt water, and one or two pirahnas (any more pirahnas would just be too quick))
Old 03-01-2004, 11:34 PM
Supreme Member

Originally posted by Project: 85 2.8 bird
uh, yeah

no law suit there
Dead people dont sue!
besides i live in philly, its easy to get ridd of a body!Hell my cusin almost got away with it, maybe you've heard of the jackass, his name is Edward Batzig, if you havnt im sure a net search will come up with something. (yes my family is crazy)

I like the ideas tech. I swear if i catch them im hooking a 220 line up to their *****! Several 2 second long series of shocks along with a smashing blow of a 20 lb sledge hammer to their hands and each finger and knuckle then i'll let them go.
Old 03-02-2004, 12:30 AM
Supreme Member

Car: 13 Ram 1500/ 78 Formy
Engine: 5.7 / 7.4
Transmission: 6sp / TH350
Axle/Gears: 3.55 posi / 3.23
Originally posted by br()bert
Dead people dont sue!
Next of kin can. I really don't see this thread continuing further w/anything good
Old 03-02-2004, 12:33 AM
Supreme Member

Actually, this past summer some jerk-off decided to talk a walk over top my car and put some real dents and waves in the hood. So I considered just electrifying the body so they couldn't even get near. Although it might be a little difficult working out the electrical...
Old 03-02-2004, 12:57 AM
Supreme Member

Originally posted by camaro_junkie
Actually, this past summer some jerk-off decided to talk a walk over top my car and put some real dents and waves in the hood. So I considered just electrifying the body so they couldn't even get near. Although it might be a little difficult working out the electrical...
Wouldt work too good unless they were bare foot, besides 12 volts doesnt hurt too much. Project you probably never had your car messed with since it seems like you dont understand why im so mad.
I know i'd probably go to jail etc for shooting the theives.
But if i saw them breaking into my car and i had a gun on me i couldnt control my temper.

Part of the problem is the laws. Steal a car and tottaly smash it, get caught and you'll get probation! Thats bull****! Happends all the time. The law should be 1-2 years min IN JAIL NO probation! MANDATORY time!

Too many people have no respect for others property!
And too many people have the " Dont go after them they'll come back and break your windows" mentality.
Old 03-02-2004, 01:03 AM
Supreme Member

Wouldt work too good unless they were bare foot, besides 12 volts doesnt hurt too much...
That's what I meant by difficultly working out the electrical. But I think if I was actually considering that I would go for another power source. Also, it's not just voltage that hurts, it's current too. A 40,000 volt shock can be a tingle if the current is low enough.
Old 03-02-2004, 01:08 AM
Supreme Member

thats true, Ever get shocked by a after market coil? OWcH!

Im just going to settle for ainti pry plates over my door locks and get an alarm. No theif is going to continue to try to get into the car with the alarm going off. Not around here anyway.
Old 03-02-2004, 01:29 AM
Supreme Member

thats true, Ever get shocked by a after market coil? OWcH!...
Wow, what a hot topic. And yes, I have been shocked by an aftermarket coil. Although it wasn't as bad as the 120V shock I once got from a wall outlet (you'd think they would have short-circuit protection on outlets in an electrical lab).