Aftermarket Vendor Review Provide questions and comments about aftermarket part vendors for the Third Gen F-Body.

hawks thirdgen firebird and camaro aftermarket vendor

Search this Thread

Old 12-10-2007, 04:42 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Car: 1989 Pontiac Formula 350
Engine: 350 tpi
Transmission: 700
Axle/Gears: 3.27
Re: hawks thirdgen firebird and camaro aftermarket vendor

I just ordered a strut tower brace and wonderbar from Hawks a couple of weeks ago. I ordered them online and they emailed me the next day to ask if I would take a black brace instead of a chrome one since they had no chrome ones in stock. I said sure and they were here to me in two days. I plan on outfitting my entire 1989 Formula with parts from Hawks.
Old 12-14-2007, 02:16 PM

Car: 92 camaro vert.
Engine: 305 TBI
Transmission: 700r4
Axle/Gears: 4th gen with 3:42

ordered a pair of 2" wheel spacers on 11/24/07 and they didnt ship till 12/7/07. Other than that the parts look fantastic. thanks Hawks.
Old 12-21-2007, 02:43 AM

Car: 1986 Iroc Camaro
Engine: 350+
Transmission: Auto

Hey Guys
mmmmm Hawk.
I live in UK and have had big problems with Hawk re correct prices for shipping.Email Jeni re a hood and other parts,and got a Quote 2 prices were given,1 for door to airport and 2 for door to door.
Fine so I thought double checked with jeni that there was no hidden extras.
she said no thats it, so I ordered.
First problem was an extra charge for paying by paypal! then on the day before shipping an email for another $140 fuel and security extras and told they could not ship door to door??? But how do you get 2 quotes for shipping if you dont ship door to door?? so now I will have to pay even more to get it from airport!!
Can't help feeling I have been ripped off.I buy alot from ebay and nearly all suppliers either do not charge for paypal or it is clear on there website that they charge extra.
Old 01-12-2008, 12:33 AM

Car: 1992 RS
Engine: ZZ4
Transmission: T-5
Axle/Gears: 3.73

bought my SS hood tonight from Hawks thru Ebay, I will let everybody know how it goes, this is my first time buying from them. Most of every reply on here has been good so i figured Id give them a try. Cant wait to get my hood!
Old 01-12-2008, 07:46 AM

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Car: 86 Iroc Z
Engine: 406
Transmission: 350 Turbo
Axle/Gears: 373

Originally Posted by cookie21
bought my SS hood tonight from Hawks thru Ebay, I will let everybody know how it goes, this is my first time buying from them. Most of every reply on here has been good so i figured Id give them a try. Cant wait to get my hood!
keep us informed on how it arrives and on its quality and craftmanship.
Old 01-12-2008, 09:33 AM

Car: 87 trans am
Engine: 305
Transmission: T5
Axle/Gears: 3.42 SLP rear

Originally Posted by cookie21
I got my notchback thru Ebay. It took a while (granted, it was the holidays...) and they actually had to make one...and they put the latch mount on backwards. All in all, it's pretty good and I like it. I'd probably by from them again.
Old 01-12-2008, 01:29 PM

Originally Posted by 1FastZ
keep us informed on how it arrives and on its quality and craftmanship.
will do!
Old 01-17-2008, 01:39 PM

Well guys I placed my order about 10pm on Saturday night, so Hawks prob didnt get it until monday morning. It is now 2:30 on thursday and the hood is laying on the car right now! Great hood, fits great, corners are all perfect. I will definately buy from Hawks again! Awesome product! Awesome shipping!
Old 01-26-2008, 09:48 AM

Received 27 Likes on 21 Posts
Car: 91 Z28
Engine: LS1
Transmission: T56
Axle/Gears: Moser 9" 3.70 35 spline wavetrack

i bought a spohn 3rd gen LS1 swap K member,T56 swap crossmember and a tourqe arm. my tie rods hit the k member. i talked to bruce he said it would be fine at ride hight.i went and double checked they hit all the way through the suspention travel ,not to mention i will have to relocate the alternator also.i bought stainlessworks 3rd gen LS1 long tube convertion headers at hawks . i spent $2,000 at hawks! ive sent emails,called and left messages,and nothing no response, it seems as if im SOL with a bunch of expensive crap.so BEWARE OF HAWKS and SPOHN !!!

Last edited by 91ls1t56; 01-26-2008 at 02:16 PM.
Old 02-07-2008, 08:04 PM

Car: 1985 Camaro Iroc-Z/Z28
Engine: 305 TPI
Transmission: 700r4
Axle/Gears: 9 bolt borg werner, gears unknown

Canadian quarters, dimes, nickels and pennies!
Please they aren't legal tender!

Sorry my pet peeve seeing that their money is shaped like ours... but other than that I'm not prejudiced!

Just don't give me Canadian cash!

Originally Posted by LT1guy
I have never had a problem with parts or service from Hawk's; I have been dealing with Bruce ever since he went into business for himself. He will always go the extra mile, but keep in mind that Hawk's isn't some huge corporation with 200 sales drones ready to take your order. Heck, call or email Year One and see how long it takes for a reply. Bruce and his wife BJ will bend over backwards for you, but keep in mind they're only two people. Trust me, Bruce isn't prejudiced against anybody, not even Canadians
Old 02-07-2008, 08:59 PM

I emailed hawks a couple weeks ago with some shipping and clearance questions because I am/was interested in purchasing a hood and spoiler and have heard nothing back from them, which sucks because my time till purchase is almost up, I've got the itch
Old 02-08-2008, 11:47 AM

Car: 90 Camaro RS
Engine: V6 3.1 MFI
Transmission: 4 Speed Auto 700R4
Axle/Gears: 3.23

I sent them a email on some emblems they sent a reply so their there.
Old 02-09-2008, 06:06 AM

Car: 89 T/A
Engine: LB9
Transmission: W/C T-5
Axle/Gears: 10 bolt posi, 3.73 Richmond Gears

Ordered a smog delete pulley and throttle body plate Wed and was notified by Hawk's it's in UPS's hands and on the way....always promt service with this vendor !!
Old 02-13-2008, 04:49 PM

i had a dissapointing experiance a few years ago when i got a 5 inch wing from hawks. but i sucked it up and decided to purchase some stuff from them again and i got 2 new front turn signals for my iroc and a filler panel for under the hood and everything went well and i got everything fast. every kind of company has problems...bad employees, or what ever else is wrong. no one is perfect, but its the way things get delt with that matter. seeing that hawks messaged back on this post says alot. ill keep buying things from hawks!!!
Old 02-19-2008, 10:43 PM

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts
Car: 88IROC, 91Z28 + parts cars
Engine: 355, 408
Axle/Gears: 3.42 LS1, 9" w/ 4.56 and spool

Well I'm going to bat for hawks here. I've purchased a few odds and ends from them over the past 2 years or so since I bought my first camaro. Every time I have called them they've been more than helpful. Their techs have answered questions for me twice and been quite helpeful. I saw somebody else had issues with Spohn's suspension stuff. I had the same problem with their torque arm's rear mount. The bolt holes didn't even come close to lining up with the mounts on the axle. So I had to fix it myself and was blown off by their service and sales team. I did order some LCAs and a panhard bar from them(figured they were too simple to screw up). But by doing some forum surfing i found a better supplier for suspension bits. PAracing.com call them and u actually talk to the owner(small shop all great guys) I have entire front end on order from them so we'll see how that goes. But long story short big thanks to hawk's for all their help and great service. Cut them a break though. It's a huge operation to manage for a husband and wife team.
Old 02-21-2008, 08:46 PM

Received 27 Likes on 21 Posts
Engine: LS1
Axle/Gears: Moser 9" 3.70 35 spline wavetrack

i recently went on a rant about hawks and spohn, well i feel like a boob,bruce is doing EVERYTHING he can to remedy the situation.maybe i didnt get a timely response because he is busy with other customers doing all the good things everyone else is saying.so i must opoligize for trashing his name and business.
Old 02-23-2008, 06:02 AM

Car: 1985 z28 camaro
Engine: 305 lg4,edelbrock,3"air cleaner.k&n
Transmission: turbo 700r4 w/b&m megashifter
Axle/Gears: Stock.

I'm in australia,and have bought a few items from bruce,including a ss hood amongst other things,and had no troubles.Always prompt replys to emails and shipping quotes.No complaints here.

Alicat.
Old 02-23-2008, 07:51 AM

Car: 1988 IROC-Z
Engine: 305 E
Transmission: 700R4
Axle/Gears: Round ones

Why is everyone WHINNING about Hawk's? They are the only ones one the web who really GIVE A DAMN about people who are trying to restore a really american classic car . I have been doing buisness with Bruce and BJ for several years for my (original owner) IROC-Z. And in that time I have talked to Bruce with questions on parts that I did not know the name for, He asked me to e-mail him a pic of it and he was able to send me what I need . I really wounder if the bigger catalogs company would go that extra step for me . So if all you WHINNERS out there who feel that Hawks let you down or ripped you off, Please dont call them and order parts from them. Becasue it would leave more original parts and quality used parts for me and other vary satisified customers like me!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Old 02-28-2008, 06:02 PM

Engine: 5.7 TPI
Transmission: 700R4 Probuilt Hardparts
Axle/Gears: G92 3.23

I've been calling hawksthirdgenparts now for the past week or so, interrogating them on parts and deals, just shooting some things back and forth. I got to speak with bruce on a few things, Jeni mostly on others. This crew has got a good business going, and very helpful. They're not too rushing to get you off the phone, and that is good customer service. Bruce really knows his stuff too. I'm purchasing a set of 16" OEM wheels, a new rearend 10bolt flavored at 3.42, and a new gas tank (leaky gm parts will catch you a buzz sometimes). I've been real impressed with their knowledge and thoroughness. They dont seem like too large of an outfit, so that is likely why they're busy all the time. There are times you will call and not get anyone, or even be able to leave a message--keep trying, 11am is a good, consistent time to call!!! I'ved gotten Jeni Hill everytime around 11am.
Any questions should be directed to Bruce if they're overly technical, but jeni and the office crew always have known what's available. I'm heading down to pick my stuff up in a week and will get to check out their setup. Go to their website and check out bruce's ls1 thirdgen video. At anyrate, they have a great niche market for our cars and I highly recommend them. If they dont have it, they'll find it for you and get back asap. Given, they're not a huge corporation, and we dont want that anyway--such higher prices when that happens. Their website/pricing etc is PAR though, it's hard to update some of the speciality items and whatnot, so I would use their link as a guide (for special stuff) but their other parts are straight forward. If you buy enough, they might work out a deal and give you a little off the top. (no, I dont work there either--I live in charlotte) And if you're lucky enough to talk to jeni, give her hell and tell her Ryan from charlotte told you to!! She's one of the most down to earth, tell ya how it is reps you'll ever deal with. Pricing-wise, they're decent but worth it given their market. Think about how hard it would be making it on scrapping and salvaging camaros and trans ams. I'll be getting more from them when I need it!
Old 02-29-2008, 12:05 AM

Car: 88 Formula; 02 Firehawk
Engine: 305 TBI; LS1

Hi all, saw this post and thought I would share my experience. I purchased my Ram Air hood and 4th gen style spoiler from Hawks. The shipping was fast, and their customer service is VERY good. I had a problem with the shipping company charging me too much and BJ actually took the time to work it out with them and get a refund check on the way to me without me having to hassle with it at all. Only issue I've found is a little trouble with the fit for the hood, but we have been adjusting here and there for a long time now and maybe someday we'll get it just right. It's close enough to tolerate though.

Thanks Hawks! I'm very happy with my purchase.
Old 03-10-2008, 03:34 AM

I just purchased my Hawks 5 inch spoiler and she came in the other day, and it looks BADASS. I should be dropping my car off for paint sometime today, The painter told me it would take about a month. I cant wait to get the car back, its gonna look sick with the SS hood and 5 inch. Ill post pics when I get it back. Got my springs as well the other day, now saving for the shocks/struts. Thank you Hawks, PLEASURE DOING BUSINESS WITH YOU!!!!
Old 03-14-2008, 01:37 PM

Car: '89 Black IROC 'vert
Transmission: 700-R4
Axle/Gears: 2.73 posi

Does anyone at Hawks ever answer the damn phone? I've tried calling 10 times in the last 2 days and all I ever get is voicemail. The sales number says dont even bother leaving a message. If they can't even pick up the phone to get a sale, I'm worried about what it will be like if I ever need any customer service.
Old 03-14-2008, 03:28 PM

Car: 1988 IROC-Z
Engine: 305 E
Axle/Gears: Round ones

Originally Posted by DJCobol
Does anyone at Hawks ever answer the damn phone? I've tried calling 10 times in the last 2 days and all I ever get is voicemail. The sales number says dont even bother leaving a message. If they can't even pick up the phone to get a sale, I'm worried about what it will be like if I ever need any customer service.
Yes they do answer the phone. Yesterday I talked too jenni and order 380.00 worth of interior parts for mine. Saturday I e-mailed them a question about a part that they said to check avalibility before ordering and monday of this week I got a responce. All I can say is keep trying they will eventually will answer, they are really busy. If you can order what you need online, I would do it it's really safe and the next business day you will recieve a e-mail with the shipping charge and total. Then you will recieve a e-mail from UPS with a tracking number so you can keep up with it's journey too you front door. I personelly have been doing business with them for about ten years and I recomend them to every Thirdgenner in my area.
Old 03-17-2008, 04:46 PM
Premium Sponsor

Received 43 Likes on 19 Posts

All be it, I am certainly not an octopus with 8 arms, I do apologize for your frustration in not getting through, no voicemail to leave a message and your unending efforts to get some one other than an automated answedring system. I changed my voicemail and will do all that I can as I do everyday to respond to calls and e-mails in a timely and considerate manner. No need to throw future temper tantrums, LOL. My e-mail is as follows: jenhill@hawksthirdgneparts.com, use it, don't abuse it, you will get a faster response with e-mail to me if you need assistance, need shipping quotes, etc, etc. Keep in mind, I will cater to you, but if you stomp your feet, in the corner you go, SMILE. Thanks for the input, be it good or bad, we do need to know how you rate us, just watch the language, please. Make it a good one. PEACE
Old 03-17-2008, 07:35 PM
Supreme Member

Received 17 Likes on 16 Posts
Car: 89 FORMULA 350, 91 Z28 Convertible
Engine: ls1, LB9
Transmission: t56, Auto
Axle/Gears: S60/ 3.73

Originally Posted by 91ls1t56
i bought a spohn 3rd gen LS1 swap K member,T56 swap crossmember and a tourqe arm. my tie rods hit the k member. i talked to bruce he said it would be fine at ride hight.i went and double checked they hit all the way through the suspention travel ,not to mention i will have to relocate the alternator also.i bought stainlessworks 3rd gen LS1 long tube convertion headers at hawks . i spent $2,000 at hawks! ive sent emails,called and left messages,and nothing no response, it seems as if im SOL with a bunch of expensive crap.so BEWARE OF HAWKS and SPOHN !!!
I can see if it fits my car better
Old 03-18-2008, 04:37 PM

Car: 1992 Formula
Engine: 350
Transmission: auto stock
Axle/Gears: 3:42

Bruce and company are the nicest and friendliest people out there in this market and they care! Stop bashing them, I have a few orders and when something wasnt right they fixed it as soon as they could. Proud Hawks customer and always will be! Andrew Rios
Old 03-25-2008, 07:45 AM

Originally Posted by hawksthirdgen
All be it, I am certainly not an octopus with 8 arms, I do apologize for your frustration in not getting through, no voicemail to leave a message and your unending efforts to get some one other than an automated answedring system. I changed my voicemail and will do all that I can as I do everyday to respond to calls and e-mails in a timely and considerate manner. No need to throw future temper tantrums, LOL. My e-mail is as follows: jenhill@hawksthirdgneparts.com, use it, don't abuse it, you will get a faster response with e-mail to me if you need assistance, need shipping quotes, etc, etc. Keep in mind, I will cater to you, but if you stomp your feet, in the corner you go, SMILE. Thanks for the input, be it good or bad, we do need to know how you rate us, just watch the language, please. Make it a good one. PEACE
I was having a bad day, sorry if I came off rude.

I actually got through later that day, got my hood ordered and it showed up a week later. Thank you!
Old 04-03-2008, 10:02 AM
Premium Sponsor

Not a problem, thanks. Have you painted the hood yet? When you get some pix, send them in if you want.
Old 04-03-2008, 12:05 PM
TA
Supreme Member

Car: '88 GTA, 90 Formula
Engine: 5.7 TPI, fed growth hormones
Transmission: 700r4 4u2?
Axle/Gears: 9bolt

I've had problems getting through on the phone, or getting email responses quickly, but that is because they are busy. Do you want to buy from a company that nobody wants to do business with? I don't.

Be patient, try another day when they might not be as busy. When you do get a hold of them, they are great people and take care of their customers.

TA
Old 04-04-2008, 11:24 AM

Car: 1990 Camaro RS (IROC-Z Clone)
Engine: LO3
Axle/Gears: 3.08

Whats there phone number anyways lol. Im in Afghanistan and cant get on there web page and my emails to them keep getting sent back. Damnt it I have money I want to put in there pockets and cant get ahold of them to do it!
Old 04-11-2008, 09:24 AM

Originally Posted by hawksthirdgen
Not a problem, thanks. Have you painted the hood yet? When you get some pix, send them in if you want.
Hood is being painted next week along with the rest of the front end. Will send pics in a week or so when I get them. Thanks again.
Old 04-14-2008, 09:37 PM

Car: Camaro RS
Engine: 305 TBI
Axle/Gears: 3.45

I just got my car back from hawk's. They upgraded my front brakes to 1LE and put a disc brake rearend on for me. Bruce and Billy are both good guys to deal with. I plan to do more bussiness with them I can't wait to complete my interoir
Old 04-24-2008, 07:23 PM
Supreme Member

Car: 87' Iroc

Ordered a new front bumper and headlight bar. Recieved both 4 days later with no problems. They refunded me 55$ for shipping since they were able to put the headlight bar in the same box as the bumper. As always pleased with the service and will continue to buy from Hawks.
Old 05-08-2008, 03:00 PM
Premium Sponsor

Hi all! Jeni at Hawk's. Do any of you have any pictures a 1998-2002 Camaro Z-Rock hood? I have a customer who would like to see pictures especially from the inside looking out. If anyone could help with this, it would be great even though its a 4th gen car

Thanks Jeni
Old 05-08-2008, 03:03 PM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Car: 1984 Camaro 'Vert

Is Hawks just flooded with emails? I've emailed them several times asking about prices on parts. They responded the 1st time after about 48 hours (fair enough) but haven't responded to anything since then.
Old 05-09-2008, 09:51 AM
Premium Sponsor

Email me at jenihill@hawksthirdgenparts.com and I will help you as quick as possible. Not sure what happened there.

Thanks Jeni
Old 05-09-2008, 10:16 AM

Car: 1984 Camaro 'Vert

Thanks for the direct email. The needs I had on the prior emails have already been met. I will email you directly next time I need something. Thanks.
Old 05-09-2008, 12:54 PM
Premium Sponsor

You bet. It will alleviate a lot of headaches for all. Have a good one

Jeni
Old 05-09-2008, 01:28 PM

Car: 1984 Firebird T/A
Engine: 406sbc
Transmission: TH400
Axle/Gears: Moser 9"

I bought some 84 T/A aeropackage GFX pieces that were damaged on my car. Theyre hard pieces to find for the car but Hawks had them and the prices were pretty good. I had them on my doorstep 2 days later as well. I'll deffinately be buying from Hawks again.
Old 02-26-2016, 12:14 AM

I have a 87 Camaro Iroc-z. It had a 350 TPI in the car and the motor blew. The car has been sitting for many years now and Ive got the itch to get it back in running condition. Ive looked into buying a new motor etc however the cost of it would be to much because I basically need the whole set up intake and all accessories for the engine. I came across Hawks website and saw that they sell the whole set up plus wiring harness and all for 1250.00. This seems like a great deal and Im aware that the engine is used and may have 100k-160k miles on it however my goal for the moment is to just get it back in running condition and state getting it back in better shape. My question is if anyone has ever gotten a engine in the similar situation and what their experience was. Are they a pretty reputable? Any information would be great.

Thank you
Reno
Old 02-26-2016, 06:02 PM
Supreme Member

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts
Car: 89 formula 350
Engine: ls1 magnuson tvs2300 supercharger
Axle/Gears: 4.11 Dana 44!

I can tell you they have done some immaculate work on my car (and I'm picky as hell) Check out my car in my sig. I wouldn't hesitate. Bruce is a good dude.