Aftermarket Vendor Review Provide questions and comments about aftermarket part vendors for the Third Gen F-Body.

xtreme-fi seller on ebay = FRAUD

Search this Thread

Old 11-21-2007, 04:59 AM
Supreme Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Car: 91 Trans am
Engine: built 360 TBI
Transmission: built 700r4
Axle/Gears: 10bolt/3.23
xtreme-fi seller on ebay = FRAUD

I bougt one of Xtreme-fi's 46mm GM TBI 340HP throttle body kit, this Xtreme-fi LIER states you get a coustom TB for your specific Make and year,otherwise I would not have buy'd it. I did recieve a 46mm TB and the injector spacer, but the TB was not the same 87-92 lo3 thirdgen have. Sensors and vacuum ports were different and I did not whant to adapte everithing since I payd for a direct replacement. I also offered I could send him a 87-92 lo3 thirdgen TB to do the work. Extreme-fi THIEF then agreed that if I send him the TB back he will send me an exchange TB for my car.
I never recieved any exchange and at some point after I sent a complaint to ebay, he claimed the post lost it, I have pay'd for insurance but he doesent answer my e-mails. And since the claime was made over 20 days after the ebay sale, ebay and paypal cant help me and he has the right to keep my 250$ + shippin and insurance.
I really tought that he may mispacked my order and that I will have no problem with him. But at this point it really loocks like Xtreme-fi is A DISONEST ebay seller.

I also installed the TB spacer and there is no gain of power at all. Xtreme-fi's feedback STINKS too. There is just NO WAY someone buy's one of his spacers, spends the time to intall it (30min) and then leaves a positive fedback writing his car runs stronger. I tooke the spacer off.

xtreme-fi's address is TOM BISHOP, box 201210, Austin TX 78720, US. Phone 5124028163.

Last edited by thomas1976; 05-01-2013 at 02:55 AM.
Old 11-21-2007, 08:56 AM
Supreme Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Car: 83 Trans Am / 96 Jeep XJ
Engine: 355 / 4.0 I6
Transmission: TH350 / Auto
Axle/Gears: 3.23 10-bolt / 4wd
Re: xtreme-fi seller on ebay = FRAUD

I Dont know if its such a good idea that you post that last line of information. I would delete that last line if i were you........
Old 02-05-2009, 04:34 PM
Supreme Member

Also like to add that the spring that came with this AFPR was adjustable from 13-17psi. Over 17psi pressure did drop under load.

THIEF states it can be adjusted 10-25psi.

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/GM-19...#ht_644wt_1044
Old 02-05-2009, 11:17 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Car: 90 L98 TA, 03 WRX
Engine: Vortech Supercharged 5.7 L
Transmission: 700R4
Axle/Gears: 3.27

sorry to hear about your troubles. just curious as to how you funded your PayPal payment. did you use funds already in your PayPal account, direct access to your bank account, or the credit card option?

always use a credit card to fund PayPal purchases because if you let them take the money direct from funds already in your PayPal account or directly from your bank account you don't have much protection.

PayPal recently got their hands slapped with a $3.5 million settlement for unscrupulous practices involving disputed transactions funded from PayPal funds or directly from bank accounts. when i reviewed the history of a disputed PayPal transaction i had, it contained false and contradictory information.
Old 02-06-2009, 01:03 AM

Car: 86 iroc
Engine: 383HSR
Transmission: custom 700r
Axle/Gears: moser 9" 3.90

austin,tx huh i stay in austin ive never heard of this guy though but i could look him up for you
Old 02-06-2009, 01:55 AM

Car: 89 RS
Engine: 305 TBI (lo3)
Transmission: 700r4
Axle/Gears: Whatever is stock.

Originally Posted by thomas1976
Wenn I bought mi 91 lo3 Firebird that was a real deception since its far away from being a muscle car what it should be...

I bougt one of Xtreme-fi's 46mm GM TBI 340HP throttle body kit, this Xtreme-fi LIER states you get a coustom TB for your specific Make and year,otherwise I would not have buy'd it. I did recieve a 46mm TB and the injector spacer, but the TB was not the same 87-92 lo3 thirdgen have. Sensors and vacuum ports were different and I did not whant to adapte everithing since I payd for a direct replacement. I also offered I could send him a 87-92 lo3 thirdgen TB to do the work. Extreme-fi THIEF then agreed that if I send him the TB back he will send me an exchange TB for my car.
I never recieved any exchange and at some point after I sent a complaint to ebay, he claimed the post lost it, I have pay'd for insurance but he doesent answer my e-mails. And since the claime was made over 20 days after the ebay sale, ebay and paypal cant help me and he has the right to keep my 250$ + shippin and insurance.
I really tought that he may mispacked my order and that I will have no problem with him. But at this point it really loocks like Xtreme-fi is A DISONEST ebay seller.

I also installed the TB spacer and there is no gain of power at all. Xtreme-fi's feedback STINKS too. There is just NO WAY someone buy's one of his spacers, spends the time to intall it (30min) and then leaves a positive fedback writing his car runs stronger. I tooke the spacer off.

xtreme-fi's address is TOM BISHOP, box 201210, Austin TX 78720, US. Phone 5124028163.
Dude. If he had bad feed back then why did you buy from him? What do you think feed back is for? I have been ripped off on ebay a few times, and pay pal, ebay is just a huge rip. Their is no reasonable explanation why a person should feel safe using pay pal anyways. Shipping is non refundable. So yes, a $200 part that you added $50 for shipping to get it home would also cost you $50 to ship it back to the jerkey so he can just resell it. So your still out the $100. Ebay needs to take a hike. Charges sellers even if an item does not sell.
Old 02-06-2009, 06:15 AM
Supreme Member

Car: sold

He screwed me out of 250.00 Real crock!!!!!!
Old 02-06-2009, 12:18 PM
Supreme Member

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts
Car: 89' IROC-Z
Engine: LO3
Axle/Gears: 10-Bolt/2.73

Best part of Ebay is the BID AT YOUR OWN RISK. Anything that states that will always have scammers. Its so ebay doesnt get brought in on any, this guy sold me this but wont send it BS.

Buy from an actual company. Not some guy at a house.

Edit: I purchased a Logitech wheel from a guy. I sent payment instantly. He gave me positive feedback. Well days later he asks for the money. I state you already have it and thats why you already gave me good feedback. He says it never showed in his account. So another 3-5 go by thinking Paypal is taking their time to send it to him officially. well about 4-5 days go by and he asks again but states that his Paypal account was NOT linked to his Ebay account therefore he cannot receive the money (another problem with Ebay and paypal is they send the money but dont verify it being accepted). So since this happened I filed a claim. Another 10 days before any further updates. I get an update stating that I can escalate to a claim and finally have Paypal sort it out, Another week goes by and finally they came to the decision to reimburse me. NOW, the guy I bought the wheel from has sent a claim to Ebay stating I have not payed for the item in any way. Since it took over 2 weeks (still waiting for money to be reimbursed from paypal) I told him I no longer am interested and that this is his fault and he should have been ready to make a sale. Now I no longer have that extra money for the wheel to send him. So I am letting the claim go through because I wont be buyng anything on Ebay anymore so the account dont matter to me, its not like it gives me bad credit...haha. Although I may sell some items.

P.S. Plus it doesnt help keep scammers away when you can just make a new ebay account easily and quickly.

Last edited by I H8 WWD; 02-06-2009 at 01:35 PM.
Old 02-06-2009, 04:07 PM
Supreme Member

Originally Posted by iroc.86
austin,tx huh i stay in austin ive never heard of this guy though but i could look him up for you
Well if you can manage to get a refound from him, you can keep it. If you need details let me know. Just dont get in any trouble.

Originally Posted by STRIKER911
Dude. If he had bad feed back then why did you buy from him? What do you think feed back is for? I have been ripped off on ebay a few times, and pay pal, ebay is just a huge rip. Their is no reasonable explanation why a person should feel safe using pay pal anyways. Shipping is non refundable. So yes, a $200 part that you added $50 for shipping to get it home would also cost you $50 to ship it back to the jerkey so he can just resell it. So your still out the $100. Ebay needs to take a hike. Charges sellers even if an item does not sell.
You make it sound like Im the idiot. Probably you just missunderstood.
The 46mm tbi tb kit was 249 and something $ +shipping. I did not recive any paypal refound since my claim was made over 20 days later, due to him shipping to me then me asking him for exchange and shipping the tb back to him.

Last edited by thomas1976; 02-06-2009 at 04:17 PM.
Old 02-06-2009, 05:30 PM
Supreme Member

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts
Car: 89' IROC-Z
Engine: LO3
Axle/Gears: 10-Bolt/2.73

The 46mm tbi tb kit was 249 and something $ +shipping. I did not recive any paypal refound since my claim was made over 20 days later, due to him shipping to me then me asking him for exchange and shipping the tb back to him.
Im not sure if you know but after 45 days Paypal CAN NOT and WILL NOT do anything to help. This happened to me when I bought a CD and a shirt. It was about 10 days after I purchased these that they finally sent everything out. Another 2 weeks goes by (now 24 days) and I see I only have the CD. Okay no problem. Email again, and now they send me to another e-mail to ask someone about it. Another 5 or so days go by (29-30 days after purchase), and I get an e-mail stating we had some problems and mix ups and the order will be filled end of the week. (Now we're at the 35 day mark). I e-mail again to make sure everything is good. They say you should get it in 5-7. COOL! So I wait....NOT EVEN THINKING ABOUT A TRACKING NUMBER just happy they're finally sending out my shirt. (Now at 43 days after purchase). I e-mail, I have not received my item and would like a tracking number to ensure the package has been sent and nothing oddly happened. So they say sure...about a week goes by nothing...and another...**** THIS. I finally sent Paypal a claim stating they have been screwing around with me through e-mails saying my item shipped then they'd have problems. Paypal LITERALLY told me. You are to late, there is a 45 day after purchase limit to making a claim.

WHAT??? But I can prove they have been screwing with me...

Sorry we cannot help.

And that was that...this was back in 2006 and might have changed since then.
Old 02-06-2009, 10:50 PM

Well if you can manage to get a refound from him, you can keep it. If you need details let me know. Just dont get in any trouble.

Sorry dude. Not how I ment it to sound. I am just tired of ebay, & all the scamming it brings. The worst part is they make you feel like its so safe then you get ripped off, & find that it not safe at all. Ebay should get a huge makeover. Too many things that are unfair go on to good people. Lets face it the good people are not the one's riping people off.

I have a story for you. Bought a convertable top for a mustang in the winter about 4 years ago. Kept it in the box. Cut the new top out. Hung the new top over the frame to find it was the wrong one. Seller never gave me my money back. Pay Pal told me to take a hike. So in the same day I had to go to the local store to buy a new top to put on it since it was winter, & it was my daily driver. The $120 I paid for the ebay top was lost. On top of that i had to pay $260 for the local one. Their was many more times ebay had done me wrong in the mean time. I stoped going to ebay for a while. Now i only have 7 feed back. Also on my first welcome back purchase, A guy sent me some weather striping that was not bonded right. ebay I hope you read this. You suck! they said the only way I could get my money back was to pay to re ship it to the looser. So shiping it two times was on me. Not worth it. They do not give you your money back for any shiping. Why should I Pay to ship it again so the a hole can resell it?
Old 02-06-2009, 10:55 PM

Originally Posted by I H8 WWD
Im not sure if you know but after 45 days Paypal CAN NOT and WILL NOT do anything to help. This happened to me when I bought a CD and a shirt. It was about 10 days after I purchased these that they finally sent everything out. Another 2 weeks goes by (now 24 days) and I see I only have the CD. Okay no problem. Email again, and now they send me to another e-mail to ask someone about it. Another 5 or so days go by (29-30 days after purchase), and I get an e-mail stating we had some problems and mix ups and the order will be filled end of the week. (Now we're at the 35 day mark). I e-mail again to make sure everything is good. They say you should get it in 5-7. COOL! So I wait....NOT EVEN THINKING ABOUT A TRACKING NUMBER just happy they're finally sending out my shirt. (Now at 43 days after purchase). I e-mail, I have not received my item and would like a tracking number to ensure the package has been sent and nothing oddly happened. So they say sure...about a week goes by nothing...and another...**** THIS. I finally sent Paypal a claim stating they have been screwing around with me through e-mails saying my item shipped then they'd have problems. Paypal LITERALLY told me. You are to late, there is a 45 day after purchase limit to making a claim.

WHAT??? But I can prove they have been screwing with me...

Sorry we cannot help.

And that was that...this was back in 2006 and might have changed since then.
They will never change that rule. Its their mail in "rebate", as far as rules go.
Old 04-30-2013, 05:53 PM

Car: 1991 Pontiac Trans Am
Engine: 305 TPI 5.0L
Axle/Gears: 2.73

I know this thread is old, but this guy just ripped me off as well. I will elaborate in a new post so that no one else gets scammed by this guy. Dont buy from xtreme-fi EBAY user or the "Throttle Shop - 416" 5114 Balcones Woods # 307. Austin, Tx 78759. Guy's name is Tom Bishop and he has no clue what the term 'customer service' is.
Old 04-30-2013, 06:00 PM
Sponsor

Received 649 Likes on 573 Posts
Car: 1967 Camaro, 91 z28
Engine: Lb9
Transmission: M20
Axle/Gears: J65 pbr on stock posi 10bolt

Did he not credit you for a core ? Sorry you got taken
Old 05-01-2013, 01:40 PM

Car: 1986 Pontiac Trans Am
Engine: 5.0

hey you have his address and phone number just sign him up for a bunch of crap spam and phone calls, so he will get annoyed with pointless mail and spam calls lol i hate sellers like that.

back in 2006 i bought a game off an ebay seller and never received it. i emailed the seller stating "its been 10 days and i still did not get the game i ordered, this will affect your feedback" they replied back to me next day saying "according to our tracking information it was delivered to you yesterday now i hope you know you cannot bully us with your empty threats" (they really said that) i paid with credit card so i contacted ebay but since the tracking number stated it was delivered they pretty much said take a hike. i wound up picking up my game in the store. out of all my purchases that was the only bad one Ebay is not really a bad site anymore then amazon, rockauto, ect. its the dishonest sellers that ruin it. alot of times i can only find the parts i need on Ebay.
Old 05-01-2013, 02:02 PM
Supreme Member

Car: 89 Black IROC-Z convertible
Engine: 305 TBI
Transmission: Auto

I know that this is an old thread that has been brought back to life but I personally have never had a major problem with ebay. I have had a few problems with sellers not telling the whole truth and with some things not being exactly as described. That said, I try to minimize my risk by spending time going through each and every feedback response that the buyer has. That pretty well tells you everything that you need to know about that buyer. I do everything through paypal (credit card attached) and at the first hint of a problem, I contact them and my credit card company, and let them deal with it. I don't assume that everything is going to work out. I assume the worst. The largest loss I have had through hundreds of transactions was having to pay a return shipping charge for a POS battery sent to me that was DOA. "Ya" pays your money and "ya" takes your chances...Just make sure you buy from a credible source (which isn't always possible) or that you have throughly checked feedback. Feedback is there for a reason.
Old 05-01-2013, 04:06 PM
Supreme Member

Received 15 Likes on 12 Posts
Car: 1982 Recaro TA, 1989 TTA#948

Originally Posted by Richboll
I know that this is an old thread that has been brought back to life but I personally have never had a major problem with ebay. I have had a few problems with sellers not telling the whole truth and with some things not being exactly as described. That said, I try to minimize my risk by spending time going through each and every feedback response that the buyer has. That pretty well tells you everything that you need to know about that buyer. I do everything through paypal (credit card attached) and at the first hint of a problem, I contact them and my credit card company, and let them deal with it. I don't assume that everything is going to work out. I assume the worst. The largest loss I have had through hundreds of transactions was having to pay a return shipping charge for a POS battery sent to me that was DOA. "Ya" pays your money and "ya" takes your chances...Just make sure you buy from a credible source (which isn't always possible) or that you have throughly checked feedback. Feedback is there for a reason.
The credit card is attached to your Paypal account but the money comes straight out of your checking account. I am not sure what extra protection is afforded by having the card attached, but the credit card company wants nothing to do with a transaction they had no part of.
Old 05-02-2013, 09:03 AM
Supreme Member

Car: 89 Black IROC-Z convertible
Engine: 305 TBI
Transmission: Auto

Sorry, my paypal account has NO attachment to my checking account. It goes right through my credit card as a purchase on my credit card and the transaction is reflected on my monthly statement.I'd assume that if you would use a credit/debit card it would be tied to your checking account.
Old 05-02-2013, 09:50 AM
Supreme Member

Received 15 Likes on 12 Posts
Car: 1982 Recaro TA, 1989 TTA#948

Originally Posted by Richboll
Sorry, my paypal account has NO attachment to my checking account. It goes right through my credit card as a purchase on my credit card and the transaction is reflected on my monthly statement.I'd assume that if you would use a credit/debit card it would be tied to your checking account.
I didn't know you could set it up that way. I am going to look into changing mine.
Old 05-14-2013, 03:28 PM

Car: 1991 Pontiac Trans Am
Engine: 305 TPI 5.0L
Axle/Gears: 2.73

I also never have problems with EBAY/Paypal. I will continue to shop online. However, this guy (extreme-fi on ebay) has a 99% positive rating, so he seems legit. However, if you google his name you get about 400 complaints about him stealing stuff, scamming people, etc. He has a high rating because he does a lot of volume and he makes you wait 4 weeks before you get your stuff so you're past the point of being able to file a complaint/leave bad feedback.

I sent him my core just to get a quote (but never purchased anything from ebay-I figured I would purchase later after he gave me a quote. My mistake.). It took him 4 weeks to get back to me. I almost gave up after numerous emails and phone calls. I finally threatened to call police and he responded the next day - what a surprise. He lied and said hes been sending me emails with no response. I told him forget about it and to send my stuff back to me. I offered to pay shipping fees and $20 inspection fee just for him to look at it. Problem is, he wants Cash/Check/Money Order and won't do business via Paypal/Credit Card. I told him only morons send cash/check/money order to people. Now, he is holding my throttle body hostage, refusing to take my legitimate payment, and says he will consider my property abandoned after 30 days.

Needless to say, I called the police. It's hard though cause I'm in a different state and all they could do was file a complaint and "look into it." I also filed a BBB complaint. Not much more I can do but prevent TGO users from getting scammed by him.
Old 06-15-2013, 01:35 PM
Supreme Member

Received 86 Likes on 81 Posts
Car: 92 Lingenfelter Z28 articwhite
Engine: Aluminum 615BBC
Transmission: Th400wbrake/curri entps9" locker
Axle/Gears: 4.11/4.30/4.56

I use paypal.
the one and only time I was sent junk. in place of a new item.
I had my money back in under 10 days with refund in full shipping also!!

don't sit on you butt doing nothing!!!
you don't see your items in 5 days after paying.. or get junk..
file a claim that sec! and get it started..

my claim was for over $300. got ever dime back. but it did cost me $8 in shipping to send his junk beat up MSD box back..sold as new..

I then got to leav him Nice feedback,,,lol