Members Camaros Post pictures and information about your Third Gen Sport Coupe, Berlinetta, LT, RS, Z28, and IROC-Z28 Camaros!

RS Camaro owners, post a pic, your story, and some info about your car.

Search this Thread

Old 05-25-2012, 11:46 PM
Supreme Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Car: 1988 Camaro
Engine: 377
Transmission: TH350; Circle D 4200 converter
Axle/Gears: Ford 9"
Re: RS Camaro owners, post a pic, your story, and some info about your car.

Bump. Where's our other RS guys? I've got a heap of pictures coming soon. Hang tight.
Old 05-26-2012, 11:34 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Car: 1991 Camaro RS
Engine: 5.0 V8 305
Transmission: Stock Automatic
Axle/Gears: Stock...For Now

Originally Posted by camarosrock1989
This is my 89 RS V6 2.8 baby motor! It is two tone at the moment, but can't wait to get the car back to its full original color! It has original 56,000 miles on it, pretty clean. It sat for a lot of years before I bought it. According to MVD I am the third owner. There are still factory stickers on it. Even paint tabs on inside of doors.
I really do enjoy it, but its not my Iroc!! I like to keep it close to stock, I just got OEM 16"Iroc rims for it, and really excited to get them put on it. But the tires on my 15's are like new. And really don't want to pay for new tires just yet. There are really a lot of nice RS's out there. I have a refinished headliner to put in, but afraid it won't be the same if i tare it apart. It is not to bad, just want to make it like new!

Is that a stock tan interior I see? Or are they just seat covers? Did the third gens even come with a tan interior stock because I've never seen one but I think it would look amazing in my white 91 RS
Old 05-28-2012, 05:03 PM

Car: 91 RS Camaro

Just picked up a 91 RS from a 17 yr. old kid. I've had a lifelong love of Camaros, but this one is my first. (Had a 73 Firebird several years ago, though.)

This one's been played with a lot, and the wiring is a disaster. We've got it running, but it looks like we're going to have to do a full rewire at some point. Currently dealing with some wire shorts and/or altenator problems. We're still trying to track down problems. There's multiple exposed & live wires that just go nowhere.

At some point, someone droppped an '87 305 into it, and the motor sounds pretty nice. Has a 700r tranny and shift kit, along with cam, headers and an Edelbrock 4 barrel, which was very poorly adjusted, btw.

The T-tops leak, naturally... It also has some cosmetic issues. Needs a new dash pad, outer window sweeps, drip seals, seatbelt guides, a little weatherstripping, etc. Interior isn't in terrible shape, but she's definitely not a show car. *lol* Don't know if I'll go for reupholstering or covers. I may go for the covers. I want to see if http://www.lethalinteriors.com can put ST:TNG logos on the headrest. I'm such a nerd...

Very much on the fence over this hood. I'm not a big fan of this one, but if I keep it, it'll save a good chunk of cash.

Anyway, here's my beast. Hopefully she'll be a beauty soon.

Old 05-28-2012, 08:58 PM

Car: 1991 RS
Engine: 3.1L

donna4909, how much did you pay for it? If you don't mind me asking.
Old 05-28-2012, 09:23 PM

Car: 91 RS Camaro

He wanted $1500, but I paid $1400. He threw in the mechanical fan and spacer, and some car specific tools.

I'm already into it for $2000 (after tires, registration/insurance, and minor stuff). I've got about $400 left to get it ready for daily driver status... Hoping nothing major goes wrong, but it does seem solid. Just a lot of little stupid mistakes from somebody(ies) that didn't really do the work properly.

Now it's trying to roll back when sitting in park, and you can hear it clicking. I'm hoping it's just the linkage.

In the fall, I'm gonna throw a couple thousand into it for the cosmetics.
Old 05-28-2012, 09:52 PM
Supreme Member

Car: sold

Reading all these storys about peoples cars really makes me miss my old car. I put so much work into that car and regrete the day i sold it. But such is life. Thanks for sharing all the great stories guys i enjoyed them.
Old 05-29-2012, 08:20 AM

Car: 91 Trans Am
Engine: 355 TPI
Transmission: Built T-5

Originally Posted by donna4909
Just picked up a 91 RS from a 17 yr. old kid. I've had a lifelong love of Camaros, but this one is my first. (Had a 73 Firebird several years ago, though.)

This one's been played with a lot, and the wiring is a disaster. We've got it running, but it looks like we're going to have to do a full rewire at some point. Currently dealing with some wire shorts and/or altenator problems. We're still trying to track down problems. There's multiple exposed & live wires that just go nowhere.

At some point, someone droppped an '87 305 into it, and the motor sounds pretty nice. Has a 700r tranny and shift kit, along with cam, headers and an Edelbrock 4 barrel, which was very poorly adjusted, btw.

The T-tops leak, naturally... It also has some cosmetic issues. Needs a new dash pad, outer window sweeps, drip seals, seatbelt guides, a little weatherstripping, etc. Interior isn't in terrible shape, but she's definitely not a show car. *lol* Don't know if I'll go for reupholstering or covers. I may go for the covers. I want to see if http://www.lethalinteriors.com can put ST:TNG logos on the headrest. I'm such a nerd...

Very much on the fence over this hood. I'm not a big fan of this one, but if I keep it, it'll save a good chunk of cash.

Anyway, here's my beast. Hopefully she'll be a beauty soon.

The wiring is probobly a mess because it is supposed to be fuel injected. Still looks like a pretty solid start
Old 06-13-2012, 10:12 PM
Supreme Member

Car: 1992 Camaro RS
Engine: 5.0 TBI L03 V8
Transmission: Rebuilt 700R4 W/ Corvette shift kit
Axle/Gears: 2:73 open

Originally Posted by camarosrock1989
This is my 89 RS V6 2.8 baby motor! It is two tone at the moment, but can't wait to get the car back to its full original color! It has original 56,000 miles on it, pretty clean. It sat for a lot of years before I bought it. According to MVD I am the third owner. There are still factory stickers on it. Even paint tabs on inside of doors.
I really do enjoy it, but its not my Iroc!! I like to keep it close to stock, I just got OEM 16"Iroc rims for it, and really excited to get them put on it. But the tires on my 15's are like new. And really don't want to pay for new tires just yet. There are really a lot of nice RS's out there. I have a refinished headliner to put in, but afraid it won't be the same if i tare it apart. It is not to bad, just want to make it like new!

I like the two tone.
Old 06-13-2012, 11:18 PM

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts
Car: Camaro RS
Engine: obd2 350 lt1
Transmission: T56
Axle/Gears: 3.23

Hey the garage is boring I know

Old 06-14-2012, 03:15 PM

Car: 92 RS
Engine: 350 TBI
Transmission: 700R4
Axle/Gears: 2.73

I bought my 92 RS not too long ago, around the end of January. It came stock with a 305 TBI, but my step-dad and I took that out and put a 350 in it. The previous owner had put some flow masters on it as well. It is hard to tell from the pictures, but it definitely needs a new coat of paint, because it is starting to flake and such in various places, and hopefully I will be able to get that done soon.
Also, what do you guys think I could add to make it look better on the outside? I've considered adding some fog lights for example, or getting a Z28 hood. Any suggestions to make it look better would be great.
Attached Thumbnails RS Camaro owners, post a pic, your story, and some info about your car.-imag0362.jpg   RS Camaro owners, post a pic, your story, and some info about your car.-imag0323.jpg   RS Camaro owners, post a pic, your story, and some info about your car.-imag0365.jpg  
Old 06-14-2012, 05:06 PM
Supreme Member

Car: 1992 Camaro RS
Engine: 5.0 TBI L03 V8
Transmission: Rebuilt 700R4 W/ Corvette shift kit
Axle/Gears: 2:73 open

Originally Posted by Hinesman
I bought my 92 RS not too long ago, around the end of January. It came stock with a 305 TBI, but my step-dad and I took that out and put a 350 in it. The previous owner had put some flow masters on it as well. It is hard to tell from the pictures, but it definitely needs a new coat of paint, because it is starting to flake and such in various places, and hopefully I will be able to get that done soon.
Also, what do you guys think I could add to make it look better on the outside? I've considered adding some fog lights for example, or getting a Z28 hood. Any suggestions to make it look better would be great.
A very nice example of a good RS. Getting the 92 Z28 hood (or just a nice hood), some nice wheels, and a new paint job, and that's about all you'll need to make that thing look gorgeous.
Old 07-26-2013, 12:56 AM

Car: 1991 Camaro RS
Engine: 3.1 V6 Auto
Transmission: 700r4
Axle/Gears: 3.27?

Bought it for 1500 and it ran like crap. So i started to replace a lot of things under the hood and it didnt stop there. So i started doing cosmetics and its still not where I'd like it to be yet. The first picture is how i bought it the next 2 are how it is now
Attached Thumbnails RS Camaro owners, post a pic, your story, and some info about your car.-camaro-1-.jpg   RS Camaro owners, post a pic, your story, and some info about your car.-red.jpg   RS Camaro owners, post a pic, your story, and some info about your car.-red-2.jpg  
Old 07-27-2013, 12:38 AM
Supreme Member

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Car: 92 Camaro RS
Engine: LS1
Transmission: T56
Axle/Gears: 10bolt w3.42 Torsen

[IMG][/IMG]

I have so much history with this car i don't know where to begin. My cousin (he is 8 years older than I and lives in Kansas City) bought this car to replace his 87 Z28 he crashed in the mid 90's. He was the second owner. I don't remember how many miles. It had the Hurst shifter in it and 3.73 posi gears. During his ownership he installed a completely aftermarket stereo, added a Hypertech chip and had to replace the rearend with a 3.42 posi. i bought it from him for $5500 in fall of 99 when i was 15 with 149,xxx miles. He brought it up to grandmas house here in iowa and i drove it home (mom riding along) where it sat till i got my license the next August. The water pump went out on the way, cause the next day there was a pool underneath it.

While it was stored til i turned 16 my grandpa helped me change the water pump and due to that he bought me new hood shocks! I detassled corn that July before my birthday and used the money to buy a stereo for it cause he kept all the aftermarket stuff he'd put in it.

It was a year round daily driver, very well maintained. Since i've owned it, it hasn't seen snow in 14 years. Up until this year i have done well to keep up the maintenance and repairs, only upgraded to a stock replacement MSD ignition, March Pulleys, and several free mods from this site. Last year i finished a 3yr interior restoration (would have taken 1 summer but i bought a 69 camaro ). This spring due to 180k miles and my new found love for autoX I overhauled the front end with Koni yellows, GC 850# weight jacks, J&M CC plates, Timken bearings, Delalum bushings, TDS wonderbar, and Moog ball joints and steering linkage. Ill plan to do the rear also but $$$. It runs a 15.1 in the quarter.

I absolutely love my 92 RS! This story wouldn't be complete without the story behind my screen name. When my cousin bought it, the salesman told him it was Plum Purple so PLUM 92 has been the vanity plates since. Several years ago I did learn that it's not plum but never came up with anything clever to replace it. Besides everybody knows it as "the plum".
Old 07-27-2013, 01:14 PM

This is my 89 Rs...pretty clean...would like to add more power at some point...maybe a twin turbo kit...who knows....let me know what you think..[IMG][/IMG]

So the other day I decided to "posterize" her...I'm a graphic artist by trade so if any of you guys would like a super bad *** 24x36 poster made of your ride just let me know...any idea you have i can make it happen. Larger prints also available...813-506-4811
Name:  draft13copy.jpg
Views: 92
Size:  112.3 KB

Last edited by dagawd813; 07-27-2013 at 01:23 PM.
Old 08-04-2013, 04:37 AM

Car: 1969 RS Z28 X33 Norwood built
Engine: 383 Stroker
Transmission: T10 4 speed

Well Fellas I haven't owned a camaro for 20 years but the last one I had was a teal 91 RS that I ordered new in late 1990 when I was 20 years old. It had the L03 V8 and T5 Manual transmission. I wish I had held on to it but I sold it for a family car in 1993. Got married young. I recently bought another camaro that is on its way out here from Georgia. I'll post photos when it gets here. Meanwhile here are a couple shots of my teal RS.
Attached Thumbnails RS Camaro owners, post a pic, your story, and some info about your car.-scan-53.jpeg   RS Camaro owners, post a pic, your story, and some info about your car.-scan-55.jpeg  

Last edited by ((Mike)); 08-04-2013 at 04:43 AM.