Theoretical and Street Racing Use this board to ask questions about street racing, discuss your street races, and "who would win?" questions. Keep it safe.

Streetracing in Poland

Search this Thread

Old 12-24-2002, 10:29 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Car: `89 Firebird Formula LS1
Engine: LS1 HA HA HA
Transmission: 4L60
Streetracing in Poland

Well

I`ve read a few posts around, and it`s obvious that U hate imports. I hate them too, but I live in europe and I have plenty of them around. But they are not the biggest problem, I can bring down any VTEC or 2,0 Turbo with my Formula,but the biggest problem are german cars. Those are fast , especially Audi`s. Right now in my country there is a hopla about NOS ( I hate your ****in movies ). More and more streetracers in my country are installing NOS into their 1,6 Liter junks. Right now I may face Audi A3 1,8 liter Turbo with NOS having 300 hp, it will kill me outright, and I don`t have money for NOS myself, I hate it .Facing cars without NOS I`m king of the hill but when I meet a racer with NOS I`m dusted. I wish NOS wasn`t invented...
Old 12-24-2002, 11:07 AM
Banned

I had NAWS once :hail: :lala: :lala:
Old 12-24-2002, 03:12 PM
TGO Supporter

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
dont worry about it!! most of the time there's always someone faster
Old 12-24-2002, 03:17 PM
Supreme Member

german spec cars are killer
I hear stories of audi station wagons running with a porshe.....or the police package, german spec, BMW M5!!!!!
killer cars
biker
Old 12-24-2002, 03:49 PM

Yeah
that station wagon is Audi RS4 there are two of them racing, both are killers having dusted the 440 hp Supra and Z06 , yes there is one in Warsaw Even mighty BMW M5 must bow to those Audis.

Maybe after I swap the TPI system and change rear end to positraction my situation will be better. After all I`m only a student and I`m happy to have a car I dreamt of as a kid.
Attached Thumbnails Streetracing in Poland-hidden.jpg  
Old 12-25-2002, 06:28 PM

Car: Camaro IROC-Z Convertible & Camaro
Transmission: Auto & 6 SPEED
Axle/Gears: 2.73 & 3.42
Originally posted by BikertrashDude
german spec cars are killer
I hear stories of audi station wagons running with a porshe.....or the police package, german spec, BMW M5!!!!!
killer cars
biker
german cars can be a though number, especially the RS4 and the RS6... other than that audis are nothing much to be scared of.
A real myth are the "VW's" those ****ing euro ricers are just pathetic, I scull draged a GTI back when my car was stock !! VR6s aren't much better.... as far as BMWs go, the M5s are scary fast but the M3s are VERY overrated for what they really do... especially the E36s models... not too much competition... mercedes should only be handled with care if they have a 3 letter badge on the trunk which reads AMG ! They run !..... and of course there is porsche with the mighty 911 series.... anyway what i'm trying to say here is that german cars are VERY overrated in the US... many people are thinking that all of them are fast cars just because they run down the autobahn doing 140... its really not that way
Old 12-25-2002, 06:47 PM

Car: Firebird
Engine: 350
Transmission: th700
He-he I live in Estonia its quite near to Poland, I also Have problems with german cars. There are mant older BMW arownd here, some are powerful 2,5 L (for a small car). They can probably beat my a$$ but they are scared!!! And I love it!!!!!!
Old 12-25-2002, 06:49 PM

Believe me, they are fast. Imagine an Audi A3 that has thrown out rear seats no spare tire and amout of fuel that is only enough to do racing and go home. NOS kit and Turbonetics turbo. It hits mid 13`s in the quarter most likely to kill any 3rd gen. If I lived in US I just go to shop buy a bigblock crate engine or Vortech supercharger and just smoke the guy next day, but here in Poland it`s not so easy, my funds are limited and access to parts is only thru summitracing ,I have no friends living in US. So those cars are real pain in the a**. I`ll post some KILLS here as soon as the snow clears out of the streets, we have a strong winter now
Old 12-25-2002, 06:56 PM

Car: Firebird
Transmission: th700
Wow you have summitracing, I have a local dealer from whom to buy parts, sometimes it can take a month to get something!!!!!
Eaven now Im whaiting for a CENTERLINK its been 4 weeks now.......
Old 12-26-2002, 03:18 AM

Well I don`t have summitracing in Poland I just order it via internet. Right now I`m putting together a tpi setup, right now I got `92 ECM with MAP, plenum,intake and runners. Need throttlebody and injectors.
Old 12-26-2002, 06:36 AM

Originally posted by Faceman
Believe me, they are fast. Imagine an Audi A3 that has thrown out rear seats no spare tire and amout of fuel that is only enough to do racing and go home. NOS kit and Turbonetics turbo. It hits mid 13`s in the quarter most likely to kill any 3rd gen. If I lived in US I just go to shop buy a bigblock crate engine or Vortech supercharger and just smoke the guy next day, but here in Poland it`s not so easy, my funds are limited and access to parts is only thru summitracing ,I have no friends living in US. So those cars are real pain in the a**. I`ll post some KILLS here as soon as the snow clears out of the streets, we have a strong winter now

I do feel what your saying about the A3… I´ve racing against a Seat Leon Cupra R (1,8L turbo) with “NAAAWS” and a worked on Turbo (***, I hate the fast & furious, it made NOS so popular here). Anyways, that race was about the only one were I lost big time this year…. But I don´t take it to hard, I mean he needed NOS to beat me and with my coming mods I will be faster then he who is using NOS. Everyone can be fast using NOS, its really not a big thing.
I belive that it must be hard getting parts in Poland, its already hard enough to get parts to germany…. Most of them are VERY expensive here…. You guys should check out Fbodyeurope.org !!!
Old 12-26-2002, 09:31 AM

Yeah nice site.

Today I took Formula for a little warm up ride. I was cruising a 3 lane street, and got caught by red light. So I just wait and see a black Caddy STS with tinted windows stopping on the other lane, so I think MAFIA STAFF CAR. What the hell I will give it a try. As soon as the light switched I floored it ( the road was dry in this place), the caddy launched too, but I was slowly walking away from him, on the next lights he turned and drove away. I know I `m not supposed to kill US cars which are so rare here but I haven`t been driving for 2 weeks and I was starving. It`s strange because he should kill me with his Northstar V8, but probably he got his trunk loaded with some guns or dead body who knows or maybe my engine mods are finally working.
Old 12-26-2002, 10:07 AM

Yeah nice site.

Today I took Formula for a little warm up ride. I was cruising a 3 lane street, and got caught by red light. So I just wait and see a black Caddy STS with tinted windows stopping on the other lane, so I think MAFIA STAFF CAR. What the hell I will give it a try. As soon as the light switched I floored it ( the road was dry in this place), the caddy launched too, but I was slowly walking away from him, on the next lights he turned and drove away. I know I `m not supposed to kill US cars which are so rare here but I haven`t been driving for 2 weeks and I was starving. It`s strange because he should kill me with his Northstar V8, but probably he got his trunk loaded with some guns or dead body who knows or maybe my engine mods are finally working.
Good Kill ! hmm, that STS really does sound like it was a mafia car and like you said who knows what he had in his trunk LOL ...anyway all that matters is that you whipped him !
Old 12-26-2002, 11:18 AM
Supreme Member

I had no idea that uncle sam was represented so much on the streets of europe.

Come on guys...show em what a good old american V8 can do.

Keep the mods comming, and the kills will follow.

-Doug
Old 12-26-2002, 03:14 PM

Yes we do have some of US cars but mostly chryslers , everybody knows why. But we have a small Fbody club here. About 20 cars, mostly thirdgens, but some are quite fast LT1`s . I must admit that they aren`t as cute as 3rd gens but they`re fast as hell.

As for the mods I wonder if a good tires can be of help. Right now I have GENERAL XP 2000, which aren`t very good.
Old 12-26-2002, 03:31 PM
Supreme Member

For drag racing: Nitto NT555R (rear only). Extreme traction when heated in a burnout.

Any other (regular compound) street tire is going to provide pretty much the same dry traction.

-Doug
Old 12-26-2002, 05:21 PM

How did you guys come about getting US cars over in Europe???

I've always had dreams of zipping around Italy or England in my Mustang while everyone else drives little tiny cars with 1.0L engines
Old 12-26-2002, 05:47 PM

Originally posted by Mustang5L5
How did you guys come about getting US cars over in Europe??? I've always had dreams of zipping around Italy or England in my Mustang while everyone else drives little tiny cars with 1.0L engines
Well I just happen to live here in germany because of the army... so its really nothing surprising that I'm into US cars ...... its really cool to drive a camaro over here, many people don't know the cars and so you get a lot of looks. Its just something really special over here.... plus I love the autobahn !! ...the only thing that kinda sucks is that most german chicks think of you as a pimp having that car
Old 12-26-2002, 09:08 PM

its great to see the people of Europe repping our good ol' American V-8's. BTW are American cars called "imports" over there and imports are called "domestics"( cars from Japan, Germany,etc..)? Just wondering what the situation is.
Old 12-27-2002, 01:26 AM

I think it's really cool that 3rd gens are so well represented in other countries
Old 12-27-2002, 02:49 AM

Well
I got my car from a guy that bought it in NY and brought with him to Poland. In early 90`s we had a company that imported US cars , those were the times when duty was low etc. Now it`s almost impossible to import US car without paying a great sum. Well US cars aren`t called imports it`s strange. Most of the domestic racers don`t know what the import term means. Just as IROC said us cars are rare and a sight to see for europeans. People often mistake me for a Ferrari or Corvette. The best thing comes when somebody at the Drive In or gas station asks about the displacement and you say " five zero" and it`s like
"wwwhhaatt? "

BTW I have a question why all US cars with a V8 make a fabulous growling sound that everybody loves? Any other V8 be it jap or european doesn`t sound like that, what causes it??
Old 12-27-2002, 05:25 AM

Originally posted by firebird305
I think it's really cool that 3rd gens are so well represented in other countries
We are doing our best to hold the flag of US engeneering high ! When you look at fbodyeurope.org its quite interesting to see where over Europe fbodys drive around. Most of us are in Germany of course due to being stationed in the army, but we also have guys from Holland, England of course, Spain, France and even Turkey.

People often mistake me for a Ferrari or Corvette. The best thing comes when somebody at the Drive In or gas station asks about the displacement and you say " five zero" and it`s like
"wwwhhaatt? "
I’ve had the same experiences over here, people think it’s a Ferrari or a Corvette… almost everyone thinks that it’s a gas guzzler … and they think its even more expensive then a corvette or a Porsche, I know people that think my car is worth 70.000 $ ..lol
Old 12-27-2002, 02:32 PM

Car: 91 camaro rs
Transmission: T5
Exactly! Different is good!!

I took my 1991 RS into the school car park (11 to 18 year old school) where I teach last week. Our students had seen nothing like it-EVER!!! It was like seeing a T-Rex in a field full of sheep!!

In about 30 seconds, the car was surrounded by 100 people!!! Most of them thought it was worth far far more than it actually is!! Because they are so different in the UK, you wouldn't believe the comments that are made!! The fact that it is now a 350 with a flowmaster muffler really helped pulling out of the car park! Very impressionable these teenagers!! HE HE!

Have a look at this photo of the car outside our house with the "normal" cars parked around it.

Makes me proud to drive American!!

:hail: :hail: :hail: :hail:

Andy.
Attached Thumbnails Streetracing in Poland-camaroinuk.jpg  
Old 12-27-2002, 02:46 PM

That is one good looking Camaro! I see you got IROC 16" rims those are nice!
Old 12-27-2002, 04:18 PM

Thanks Faceman

You wouldn't believe how long it took me to find those IROC wheels! I had to drive a 400 mile round trip to our capital (London) just to pick them up! Someone was using them on their pick up!

One of the students was telling me about his Dads car (one of those "know it all" 13 year olds). He said it had a big engine and it was fast. I asked him what it was. He replied "A Ford Sierra with a 2 litre engine". He then asked me what engine was in the Camaro (which he couldn't pronounce!). When I said 5.7, he couldn't believe it!! Got one over on him there!!

Have you get any photos of your car and the surrounding area? It always amazes me to see the houses (and garages and driveways) and roads in other parts of the world-as well as the cars.

Another photo attached. The car will be painted in the spring. It is just at the end of a 9 month restoration. Click on sig hyperlinks to get the details.

Andy.
Attached Thumbnails Streetracing in Poland-camaroinuk2.jpg  
Old 12-27-2002, 04:23 PM

Engine bay shot!

Here is a shot of the rebuilt engine that has now done almost 100 miles!! Total cost of engine bay? Ł3500! (convert that to your currency!) And I thought I could do it for half that! And in half the time! How wrong can I be?

Andy.
Attached Thumbnails Streetracing in Poland-camaroinuk3.jpg  
Old 12-27-2002, 04:28 PM

Wow that is an engine painting!!! Well I see U got a nice aftermarket headers out there I`ve got Edelbrock TES what are yours?

Here`s my ride:
Attached Thumbnails Streetracing in Poland-011.jpg  
Old 12-27-2002, 04:41 PM

Brilliant

That is one shiny formula on an open road on a nice sunny day! May? What more can a man ask for?!!

Those headers are coated Hooker competition shorties.

Here is a photo of them "in the car" when I bought it!

Andy.
Attached Thumbnails Streetracing in Poland-interior.jpg  
Old 12-27-2002, 04:44 PM

Here is the engine I pulled out of a 1977 Chevy pick up truck that now sits in the Camaros engine bay. Slightly changed though!

Any photos of your engine bay or interior?

Andy.
Attached Thumbnails Streetracing in Poland-enginein-truck.jpg  
Old 12-27-2002, 04:48 PM

Yup it was May last year

How did you manage to install shorty headers? I had a Flowtech shorties but could not weld stock exhaust to them. I`ve been to your webpage it`s very nice , you put enormous amount of work into your camaro that is awesome, hope you will post pictures as soon as it gets painted.

As to my car I`ve modded it pretty much but it`s only a TBI so now I`m collecting a tpi unit to top it on the engine but it`s very difficult You probably know how hard is to get something in europe for those cars.
Old 12-27-2002, 04:53 PM

Here`s the engine bay, but it was before I`ve done mods. I have to do some photos now cause it looks different now ) But this dreaded snow prevents me from...
Attached Thumbnails Streetracing in Poland-8.jpg  
Old 12-28-2002, 10:36 AM

BTW I have a question why all US cars with a V8 make a fabulous growling sound that everybody loves? Any other V8 be it jap or european doesn`t sound like that, what causes it?? [/B]
Thats because it's the good old, gas guzzeling, american v-8 not the "fule effiecent" japanese v-8.