Theoretical and Street Racing Use this board to ask questions about street racing, discuss your street races, and "who would win?" questions. Keep it safe.

got pulled over "Racing"

Search this Thread

Old 06-11-2010, 02:48 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Car: 1985 iroc z
Engine: 350 .30 over
Transmission: t-5
Axle/Gears: told aftermarket moser 3.73 posi?
Re: got pulled over "Racing"

u see that whole camera idea works but if they know u have a camera whats gonna stop them from taking it and smashing the camera? i know my buddy has a camera and actually got an officer fired but his is hidden in the rear bumper of his car and it records audio both inside and out of the car and he has a hidden as a rear defrost button that makes it record but i know he spent a decent amount of money on the set up... its pretty messed up cause he has had the worst luck of anyone i know with the police both his father and brother died at the hands of police he actually sued the roseville police department here in minnesota for his fathers death and got a few officers fired and got a pretty big chunk of money... his brother was one of those "he has a gun" victims shot somewhere around 20 times 3 times with a 12 gauge shotgun at close range he was on his cell phone with there father... im not trying to paint a pretty picture of these guys they both had criminal records his brother had a previous gun charge that was 5-6 years old at the time of his death but ur labled armed and dangerous for the rest of your life... his father was being brought in for a bench warrant for umpaid driving tickets and the police refused him his heart medicine they found on him at the time of the arrest and he died of heart failure in a jail cell... the officer that arrested him was trying to get him to jail get him booked as fast as possible so he could get his medicine from the jail but when he was booked and the arresting officer left the officers in the jail thought he was lying and refused him his meds....... ive personally seen all the videos and tapes to both these cases and its rediculous what the police can get away with
Old 06-11-2010, 05:03 PM
Supreme Member

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Car: 1994 Z28
Engine: 355 LT1
Transmission: T56
Axle/Gears: 3.42

Originally Posted by zachkuby87
u see that whole camera idea works but if they know u have a camera whats gonna stop them from taking it and smashing the camera? i know my buddy has a camera and actually got an officer fired but his is hidden in the rear bumper of his car and it records audio both inside and out of the car and he has a hidden as a rear defrost button that makes it record but i know he spent a decent amount of money on the set up... its pretty messed up cause he has had the worst luck of anyone i know with the police both his father and brother died at the hands of police he actually sued the roseville police department here in minnesota for his fathers death and got a few officers fired and got a pretty big chunk of money... his brother was one of those "he has a gun" victims shot somewhere around 20 times 3 times with a 12 gauge shotgun at close range he was on his cell phone with there father... im not trying to paint a pretty picture of these guys they both had criminal records his brother had a previous gun charge that was 5-6 years old at the time of his death but ur labled armed and dangerous for the rest of your life... his father was being brought in for a bench warrant for umpaid driving tickets and the police refused him his heart medicine they found on him at the time of the arrest and he died of heart failure in a jail cell... the officer that arrested him was trying to get him to jail get him booked as fast as possible so he could get his medicine from the jail but when he was booked and the arresting officer left the officers in the jail thought he was lying and refused him his meds....... ive personally seen all the videos and tapes to both these cases and its rediculous what the police can get away with
I personally find it pathetic that you are arguing about your brother's friend getting shot (okay, 30 times is very excessive) but he had a previous gun charge; those officers should not be risking their life... they see something that they thought was a gun in the hands of a previous offender, if I was one of those cops I would blast his brains out too. You mention it yourself, he was a criminal in the years past and I think it's only fair to judge somebody on how they act... I'm sure he hadn't been clean for the 5-6 years after that. Sorry if I sound cruel, but we can't sit here and bash police officers all day long; they aren't all bad!

My dad has gotten pulled over in his Grand National when I was like 5 with two open beer (one was empty but my dad is a very big dude and can handle his alcohol), needless to say the cops knew he was fine to drive and just complimented the car claiming they pulled him over to see it.

I've been pulled over by the locals a few times and they all tell me to take it easy, never got a speeding ticket even when I've passed one sideways around a turn doing 75+ in a 40.

I've never really had a bad case with the cops, they've responded to fights and stuff in town.... and those weren't friends of the family they were staties. I was in the back of a cruiser once but I can't say it wasn't necessary. It was more of a "let's scare the hell out of this kid to teach him a lesson" cause when I got to the station they told me to call for a ride.
Old 06-11-2010, 05:18 PM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Car: 91 bird
Engine: 305 tbi
Transmission: 4 speed automatic
Axle/Gears: factory

<------never had a pleasant experience with the police, just another gang in my opinion
Old 06-11-2010, 05:28 PM

Received 17 Likes on 12 Posts
Car: Camaro
Engine: 350-Vortec-carbed
Transmission: 700-r4
Axle/Gears: stockola, right now anyhow

totally agree, real cops are CIA, FBI, think educated not vocational.
Old 06-11-2010, 07:18 PM

Car: 1986 Iroc-Z, 1980 Cadillac Eldorado
Engine: Iroc- 5.0, Caddy-5.7
Transmission: 700R4
Axle/Gears: 3.23

I DON'T think all officers are this way, but...

Locally a few years back a 16 year old kid was shot around 8 times by deputies. He was having some psychological issues, so when his parents tried to take him to the hospital for an evaluation he freaked out and pulled out a small knife and held it to his little brother. Terrible indeed, but when the police arrived the brother was let go. He was cornered in the family van by the police as they continuously beat him and pepper-sprayed him. Afraid, he kicked at the police, so while he was in the van, causing no harm to anyone else, they shot him several times. He died at the scene in front of his family. The family actually called the fire department, hoping it could be solved without unreasonable force, but the call was routed to the police.

I know the kid had a knife to his little brother, which is terrible, but the brother was let go, and he was trapped in a car with no one to harm but himself. There was no reason to shoot him. The family got a 1.75 million dollar settlement for that, I believe.

A lady we know, who is a whole 4'11'' tall, got pulled over by a local police officer. Her purse was in the back of her suv, so she got out to get it and the cop pulled a gun on her and said to get back into her vehicle. Lol how much of a coward do you have to be to pull a gun on a lady that small? A customer of my fathers is a retired county sheriff and he says they're cowards here these days. Hell, when I was 14, my Cadillac died with my mom and I in it and a cop pulled over to scope everything out. I got out, not thinking, and he pulled a gun on me and said the same thing. Flame what I say if you want, but if you honestly think that the 16 year old, the 4' 11'' tall lady, and I at 14 should have been shot or at least had guns pulled on us for that stuff, you too are a coward.

The small lady I just talked about was married to a D.A. as well, so I wonder how that went?
Old 06-11-2010, 07:58 PM

Car: 1991 T/A GTA H/T
Engine: 350 TPI
Axle/Gears: 3.23 Posi

Originally Posted by stealthroc89
For future reference dont say " Well officer if I was racing you wouldnt have caught me!!!". That one landed me in the back of a cruiser. He didnt take me in, he gave me a ticket for street racing, but when I got back to my car I found my interior was tore up, he twisted my tach around, knocked my rear view mirror off and cracked my console. I immediatly pulled out my phone and started taping everything. Got to court submited my video and the ticket was dropped, still had the court cost though and in the end thats all they want, what little money they can suck out of your pockets. Cops are BAAAAAD here in Texas!!!!!
MAN you aint lyin. i had a cop in galveston throw my face into the hood of the 85 gran fury i had a few years back for asking what the problem was. luckily in alvin they have not messed with me too much (my parents live our there) but mavel F**kin sucks. i narrowly missed a tire AND rim in the middle of the road (the cop hit it BTW ) and got a ticket for UNSAFE LANE CHANGE lol. they have too much fun being
"cops" out here....
Old 06-11-2010, 11:02 PM

Car: 2006 GTO
Engine: LS2
Transmission: M6
Axle/Gears: 3.46 LSD

Originally Posted by tpi305
A lady we know, who is a whole 4'11'' tall, got pulled over by a local police officer. Her purse was in the back of her suv, so she got out to get it and the cop pulled a gun on her and said to get back into her vehicle. Lol how much of a coward do you have to be to pull a gun on a lady that small? A customer of my fathers is a retired county sheriff and he says they're cowards here these days. Hell, when I was 14, my Cadillac died with my mom and I in it and a cop pulled over to scope everything out. I got out, not thinking, and he pulled a gun on me and said the same thing. Flame what I say if you want, but if you honestly think that the 16 year old, the 4' 11'' tall lady, and I at 14 should have been shot or at least had guns pulled on us for that stuff, you too are a coward.

The small lady I just talked about was married to a D.A. as well, so I wonder how that went?
They aren't cowards, law enforcement officers aren't mind readers. How is that officer supposed to know she is harmless, or is intent on killing someone? If she was married to the DA, she should know better than to get out of the car during a routine stop.

Shooting the 16 year old wasn't necessary, I'll agree to that.

Pulling the gun on you, you didn't know, that's ok. But the cop didn't know your intentions. You just can't tell, some people don't give physical signs they intend on hurting someone.

Not directed towards you, but to everyone. You need to stop being ignorant about police officers. They aren't out there to make everyone's lives miserable. If you have a history, you shouldn't have made one in the first place. You talk back or have an attitude, expect a ticket. I almost hit a police officer on his bike, he let me go with a warning for expired tabs because I was courteous and complient.

If you get a ticket, you get a ticket. Obviously you did something wrong, and are just looking for sympathy. Learn to take responsibility for your actions. Sure, sometimes they make a mistake, but how often do you think that really is? Especially when their own lives are at stake.
Old 06-12-2010, 01:24 AM

Car: 1985 iroc z
Engine: 350 .30 over
Transmission: t-5
Axle/Gears: told aftermarket moser 3.73 posi?

Originally Posted by zraffz
I personally find it pathetic that you are arguing about your brother's friend getting shot (okay, 30 times is very excessive) but he had a previous gun charge; those officers should not be risking their life... they see something that they thought was a gun in the hands of a previous offender, if I was one of those cops I would blast his brains out too. You mention it yourself, he was a criminal in the years past and I think it's only fair to judge somebody on how they act... I'm sure he hadn't been clean for the 5-6 years after that. Sorry if I sound cruel, but we can't sit here and bash police officers all day long; they aren't all bad!.
so he had a charge from when he was a dumb *** kid and yes he was as clean as a whistle after that he spent 2 years in prison and had had a pretty strict probation he didnt have any option but stay clean or go back to prison... but i think its complete bs that ur tryin to say that his life isnt as valuable as mine or yours cause hes a convicted felon... i dont care what a person has done short of murderers rapists and child molesters. until you cross that line ur life is worth as much as the next persons... and from the police officers point of view they had no clue who was in the car they pulled over he was the passenger in the car so really his charge had no relation to him being killed the police just sorta lucked out on that one... but saying its pathetic to defend my friend who was killed for being on his cell phone when he stepped out of the car is flat out ridiculous and you my good sir are an as*hole. as far as police risking there life its part of the job they shouldnt have signed up if they cant take the heat.. just because one out of every 10,000 ppl they pull over has intentions of killing them doesnt mean pull ur gun and/or shoot every person that gets out of there car or has something in there hand... i believe unsnapping having ur hand on the gun in a ready position and standing behind the drivers window is sufficient enough cause i highly doubt some drug dealer with a piece of **** chrome glock is gonna be able to outdraw an officer and if they can that cop needs to practice some more..
Old 06-12-2010, 03:01 AM

Car: 1992 Camaro RS
Engine: 305 TBI
Transmission: T5

Originally Posted by tpi305
I DON'T think all officers are this way, but...

Locally a few years back a 16 year old kid was shot around 8 times by deputies. He was having some psychological issues, so when his parents tried to take him to the hospital for an evaluation he freaked out and pulled out a small knife and held it to his little brother. Terrible indeed, but when the police arrived the brother was let go. He was cornered in the family van by the police as they continuously beat him and pepper-sprayed him. Afraid, he kicked at the police, so while he was in the van, causing no harm to anyone else, they shot him several times. He died at the scene in front of his family. The family actually called the fire department, hoping it could be solved without unreasonable force, but the call was routed to the police.

I know the kid had a knife to his little brother, which is terrible, but the brother was let go, and he was trapped in a car with no one to harm but himself. There was no reason to shoot him. The family got a 1.75 million dollar settlement for that, I believe.

In Indian Trail near Charlotte a woman pulled a pistol on the cops and they shot her I say good for them. One less moron polluting the gene pool. Her family is talking about how good and caring she was. Well she should not have robbed a drug store with a BB gun that looked just like a PPK. I have had a gun pulled on me by a cop and that was because of what was supposed to be our sober driver. He got pulled started running his mouth and the officer pulled his weapon. After he seen only that 1 person was being a jerk he was all cool with us. If you act like a jerk and they shoot you because you have a crappy mouth you deserve it. If they have to chase you down and you get the snot kicked out of you guess what you deserve it for being stupid.
Old 06-12-2010, 10:37 AM
Supreme Member

Car: 1987 IROC-Z and 1988 Iroc-Z
Engine: 5.7 350 V8 and 5.0 305 V8
Transmission: 700R4 Automatic Transmission
Axle/Gears: 3.27 Posi

I dont think cops where I live get paid enough because I have a friend who knows this guy who drove 70-80 mph in a 40 for a whole year
Old 06-12-2010, 11:08 AM

Car: 1991 Camaro RS/1989 Vert RS
Engine: 355/350
Transmission: T-5/T-5
Axle/Gears: BW9bolt3.45posi/3.23 Posi

Has anyone else noticed this topic was 3 years ago? lol
Old 06-12-2010, 11:10 AM

Car: 2006 GTO
Engine: LS2
Transmission: M6
Axle/Gears: 3.46 LSD

Originally Posted by JTNKTZ
I would have to say "no." Me being one of them
Old 06-12-2010, 08:16 PM

Car: 1986 Iroc-Z, 1980 Cadillac Eldorado
Engine: Iroc- 5.0, Caddy-5.7
Axle/Gears: 3.23

Ahahaha I thought this was just made a few weeks ago lol.

Originally Posted by MotorMouth
In Indian Trail near Charlotte a woman pulled a pistol on the cops and they shot her I say good for them. One less moron polluting the gene pool. Her family is talking about how good and caring she was. Well she should not have robbed a drug store with a BB gun that looked just like a PPK. I have had a gun pulled on me by a cop and that was because of what was supposed to be our sober driver. He got pulled started running his mouth and the officer pulled his weapon. After he seen only that 1 person was being a jerk he was all cool with us. If you act like a jerk and they shoot you because you have a crappy mouth you deserve it. If they have to chase you down and you get the snot kicked out of you guess what you deserve it for being stupid.
I completely agree with you, but I think you missed my point. Pulling a bb gun on a cop is suicide. That happened locally as well, except it was a cap gun. If you are disrespectful, you will be treated disrespectfully. That's the way it should be. However, being shot just because you said something disrespectful isn't right, that's pure ignorance. A smack up the head is plenty.

Originally Posted by d00012
They aren't cowards, law enforcement officers aren't mind readers. How is that officer supposed to know she is harmless, or is intent on killing someone? If she was married to the DA, she should know better than to get out of the car during a routine stop.

Shooting the 16 year old wasn't necessary, I'll agree to that.

Pulling the gun on you, you didn't know, that's ok. But the cop didn't know your intentions. You just can't tell, some people don't give physical signs they intend on hurting someone.

Not directed towards you, but to everyone. You need to stop being ignorant about police officers. They aren't out there to make everyone's lives miserable. If you have a history, you shouldn't have made one in the first place. You talk back or have an attitude, expect a ticket. I almost hit a police officer on his bike, he let me go with a warning for expired tabs because I was courteous and complient.

If you get a ticket, you get a ticket. Obviously you did something wrong, and are just looking for sympathy. Learn to take responsibility for your actions. Sure, sometimes they make a mistake, but how often do you think that really is? Especially when their own lives are at stake.
Maybe it's just where I've grown up, but around here, many actually will do something to try and make you miserable. I know you weren't just directing it to me, but tickets are tickets. I've been given a couple and I got a break on both of them. I just don't agree with the tactics used by some (not talking about traffic violations).

What about when you're pulled over, AFTER they already found the person that fits your description who did the crime, ask to search your car (ask, no probable cause) and when you refuse they crack you over the head with the nightstick and kick you while your down? Of course this is assuming you weren't struggling with the officer or putting up a fight, just legal refusal.

A customer of my fathers had a room that was smoked out and had all the nails popped out of the walls. My father asked why and she told him that her son was bi-polar and wouldn't come out of the room. She called for help and long story short, they shot a smoke grenade into his room and killed him. Several mental types have been killed here in the last few years.

I AGREE with "Man in wheelchair holding ak-47 shot by police." Yes, that one really happened within an hour or so of here lol. He was a danger to the police as well as the general population. I don't agree with stories like the other ones I've posted.

I'm sorry, I keep going on, but I just want to say that I don't think all police are bad at all, but locally it's a known fact that OUR police here aren't cream of the crop and they're very trigger happy. I've just had a lot of bad experiences, so I've lost a lot of trust. They screw up a real lot here, maybe they don't where you live, but don't just assume that they are all good because you haven't had bad experiences. I've met some really cool cops, very friendly and to the books, but in my experience it's a 50-50 chance at best of getting one.

Last edited by tpi305; 06-12-2010 at 08:23 PM.
Old 06-13-2010, 10:04 AM
Supreme Member

Car: 1987 IROC-Z and 1988 Iroc-Z
Engine: 5.7 350 V8 and 5.0 305 V8
Transmission: 700R4 Automatic Transmission
Axle/Gears: 3.27 Posi

Wow Im stupid
Old 07-18-2010, 04:46 PM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Car: 92 RS
Engine: a slow one
Transmission: a crunchy one
Axle/Gears: a whiny one

Originally Posted by jj74sd455
<------never had a pleasant experience with the police, just another gang in my opinion
Exactly.

They do not respond when I need them either. I am a law abiding citizen, and get harassed for what?
While they harass me... They've never caught someone who broke into my cars, stole any of my bikes, or robbed my wifes store. The report they took when someone stole my dad's gun in a home robbery was a joke. Then someone was shot with the gun later, and the gun got picked up. But 3 years later "you can't have the gun because it is evidence". After the guy was locked up for a year now? Yeah right, I bet that same cop has that nice *** revolver in the drawer next to his bed now.
Had people fighting next door to me one night during a party, kids and women screaming about some guys brawling, cops never showed after calls from ALL of my neighbors, my wife, and TWO HOURS. I like to party, but I tend to get rid of all the kids and not let drama unfold. They got crazier than ever, and I finally went over and broke it up MYSELF with a baseball bat. As I'm walking back to my house the cops finally pull up, and question me for a half an hour about what I'm doing with a bat in the street while I'm pointing out all of the drunk people who were fighting that are driving away. They almost arrested me because after 15 minutes everyone was gone and I was pissed off, I had to say something, it was along the lines of "I WAS OUT HERE DOING YOUR ****ING JOB AND YOU HARASS ME FOR DOING SOMETHING ABOUT IT WHILE YOU JERK-OFF'S LET ALL OF THE DRUNK DRUG ADDICTS DRIVE AWAY RIGHT IN FRONT OF YOU".
I'll never forget the time we asked a cop for directions ("To Protect and Serve" right?) and it resulted in our car being searched right there in the parking lot of my own work. Embarrassing.

Yet... They're pretty damn quick to pick me up if I don't have my seatbelt on. Pull me over for a missing (it was never there!) passenger side mirror which I was NOT obligated to have on my 1965 Plymouth Fury, it did not come with one from the factory (as many cars back then). Only a driver side is REQUIRED in CA if no passenger mirror was on the vehicle when new because of that. Still got the ticket after telling him that though, he didn't look too happy that I knew that and he didn't. Got pulled over coming out of Taco Bell once for not having a front plate, WHEN I HAD ONE INSTALLED IN PLAIN SIGHT, OEM MOUNTS AND ALL. He was just hoping I wasn't legal in some way and could pull me in anyways. Got a ticket for smoking marijuana once after I threw down a cigarette as a cop walked up (I didn't even know he was there, my back was to him) because it smelled like weed outside of the bar I was at. Couldn't believe it, said "where's the roach you 'SAW' me throw down sir?" He couldn't find it, because it was a CIGARETTE, among hundreds of butts. Didn't matter, he cited me.

Cops are bullshit. If you're a good cop and you don't want to be known as a piece of ****, then stop hanging out with pieces of **** and look for a new profession, or try changing some of your peers point of view.

Last edited by Dizturbed One; 07-18-2010 at 04:55 PM.