[PA] Wanted: 91-92 power trunk latch (not pull down)

Search this Thread

Old 08-13-2018, 09:09 PM

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Wanted: 91-92 power trunk latch (not pull down)

I have a 92 convertible with the standard trunk latch that can only be opened with the key. I want to install a power trunk release, the type with just the trunk popper, not the pull down one. As far as I know, it has to come from a 91 or 92. If this post is old by the time you see it, message me anyway. This part is very hard to find, so I may not have found one yet. Will pay for shipping from anywhere.

*** Edit: Found one and bought it. ***

Last edited by LikeARock47; 08-14-2018 at 12:41 PM. Reason: Found one and bought it
Old 08-13-2018, 10:03 PM
Supreme Member

Received 1,052 Likes on 748 Posts
Re: Wanted: 91-92 power trunk latch (not pull down)

Yeah, that latch is specific to the late convertibles, 91.5-92. Convertibles didn't have the trunk release, because they used that function for the toneau cover. So you're looking for something that doesn't exist.
Old 08-14-2018, 08:27 AM

I'm aware that none of the verts came with the power trunk release, but according to my research, an electric latch without the pull down function, from a 91-92 hatch car, should work on the vert, I would just need to add wiring.
Old 08-14-2018, 12:42 PM

Found one and bought it. Thanks "3rdgenparts". Great guy to deal with if you need anything btw.
Old 08-14-2018, 01:23 PM
Supreme Member

LOL Be sure to let us know how that works out for you.
Old 08-14-2018, 01:42 PM
Supreme Member

Originally Posted by LikeARock47
according to my research, an electric latch without the pull down function, from a 91-92 hatch car, should work on the vert, I would just need to add wiring.
Here's the problem though... from 86-92 ALL Camaros and Firebirds have the power pulldown, except for the last convertibles which never had remote hatch release. You're asking for something that doesn't exist.

Dave is a crook. Not shocking he'd sell you something that doesn't exist. Hope you have better luck getting your money back than other people.
Old 08-15-2018, 03:45 PM
On Probation

Received 6 Likes on 4 Posts
Car: 1982 Trans Am KITT Replica
Engine: LU5 305 CROSSFIRE
Transmission: TH-350
Axle/Gears: Limited Slip 3:23

Originally Posted by Drew

Dave is a crook. Not shocking he'd sell you something that doesn't exist. Hope you have better luck getting your money back than other people.

How am I a crook, Drew ?? you piece of **** ?????? I sold him something that he's looking for and he's happy with ?? Been on TGO for 17 years and oh no one or 2 people cry about not getting refunds on items that where not returned to me, you toss out slanderous claims that i'm a crook ??

It's negative drama trash like you Drew, That give our hobby that black eye

Dave
Old 08-15-2018, 06:36 PM
Supreme Member

How can a buyer review a seller and say they're happy with the deal less than 24 hours after they post a want ad? Local buyer? Kind of seems like you manipulated a buyer to say positive things about you, like you've reportedly done before. Or maybe you created a shill acct to give yourself some positive feedback?

Maybe you can explain where a trunk latch with a remote hatch release, and without the pulldown assembly from a 91 or 92 came from, since GM never offered that combo?

Taking advantage of people who don't know any better, is basically stealing from them. Webster's defines a crook as "a person who engages in fraudulent or criminal practices".

Definition of fraud
a : deceit, trickery; specifically : intentional perversion of truth in order to induce another to part with something of value
b : an act of deceiving or misrepresenting

Like offering a set of seats covered in stains, ripped, faded, and covered in mouse ****, for $500.

I'll stand by my opinion of you.
Old 08-16-2018, 02:30 AM
On Probation

How can a buyer review a seller and say they're happy with the deal less than 24 hours after they post a want ad? Local buyer? Kind of seems like you manipulated a buyer to say positive things about you, like you've reportedly done before. Or maybe you created a shill acct to give yourself some positive feedback?

Maybe you can explain where a trunk latch with a remote hatch release, and without the pulldown assembly from a 91 or 92 came from, since GM never offered that combo?

Taking advantage of people who don't know any better, is basically stealing from them. Webster's defines a crook as "a person who engages in fraudulent or criminal practices".

Definition of fraud
a : deceit, trickery; specifically : intentional perversion of truth in order to induce another to part with something of value
b : an act of deceiving or misrepresenting

Like offering a set of seats covered in stains, ripped, faded, and covered in mouse ****, for $500.

I'll stand by my opinion of you.

How STUPID and ignorant are you ???????

Those GTA are >>>>>>>>>>>>USED<<<<<<<< MORON, I wasn't advertising them as "Perfect or "mint" seats, NOW that's misleading and dishonest

Regarding this Guy,He was asking for a very specific part, I had it, I sent him pics, He paid for it and I shipped it and that's it

MAN you have some SERIOUS issues !!!

Dave
Old 08-16-2018, 07:49 AM
Supreme Member

Those GTA seats are TRASHED man. Any reputable seller would be too ashamed to list parts like that, much less to ask $400 + postage. For that kind of price they SHOULD BE PERFECT MINT. (Note: All caps are for your benefit. I used Google Translate to convert from sane to insane, so it'd be easier for you to UNDERSTAND.)

You still haven't clarified where this magical mythical trunk latch came from. Since it wasn't something that existed after 1986, and 82-85 latches won't bolt into a 86-92. Since the only two setups that will actually bolt in a 92 Convertible are the standard 91.5-92 trunk pull-down that OP specifically said he didn't want, and the latch he already has, what exactly did you sell him?

And again, I ask how a buyer can say they're happy with a seller before they receive the part and determine if the seller held up their end of the deal? Sorry, I meant... HOW can a BUYER say a SELLER is a GOOD SELLER when they haven't RECEIVED the part the SELLER >>>>>>>>>SOLD<<<<<<<<<< HIM?

Now I'm sure you'll whine and cry and throw out the trolling card, and probably something about Knight Rider, but you REALLY *****DON'T***** seem to understand that as a COMMUNITY we really do try to LOOK OUT FOR one ANOTHER >>>>>SO<<<<< they don't get ripped off by bad sellers, or buy parts THEY DON'T WANT OR NEED, etc. That's why I was trying to educate the OP before some opportunist like Dirty Dave had a chance to take advantage.

Maybe the OP will report back on how the parts purchased worked out. Like I said, I hope he has better luck than other's have had lately.

https://www.thirdgen.org/forums/clas...nsamguy84.html
https://www.thirdgen.org/forums/clas...arts-sale.html
https://www.thirdgen.org/forums/clas...s-ramieko.html

Old 08-16-2018, 10:57 AM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Car: 1992 Trans Am
Engine: 350 TPI
Transmission: 700R4
Axle/Gears: 3.23

Originally Posted by LikeARock47
Found one and bought it. Thanks "3rdgenparts". Great guy to deal with if you need anything btw.
Glad you found it Dave....er Likearock47.
Old 08-16-2018, 01:51 PM
Supreme Member

Received 348 Likes on 263 Posts
Car: 1984 Camaro Berlinetta
Engine: LT1
Transmission: T56 6-speed
Axle/Gears: 4.11 LS1 Rear End

but you REALLY *****DON'T***** seem to understand that as a COMMUNITY we really do try to LOOK OUT FOR one ANOTHER >>>>>SO<<<<< they don't get ripped off by bad sellers, or buy parts THEY DON'T WANT OR NEED, etc. That's why I was trying to educate the OP before some opportunist like Dirty Dave had a chance to take advantage.

Since it wasn't something that existed after 1986, and 82-85 latches won't bolt into a 86-92.
Well; I guess it really depends on how you ask Drew,.........................

https://www.thirdgen.org/forums/inte...-solenoid.html

I gotta' wonder if those GTA seats were another $50 purchase Dave made at the local Pick & Pull ,....... Like the Dash Pads he was buying at $25 and selling for $300 or so......

https://www.thirdgen.org/forums/inte...ler-seats.html

Some things never change !

Old 08-16-2018, 06:14 PM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Car: 1992 Trans Am
Engine: 350 TPI
Transmission: 700R4
Axle/Gears: 3.23

Originally Posted by John in RI

I gotta' wonder if those GTA seats were another $50 purchase Dave made at the local Pick & Pull ,....... Like the Dash Pads he was buying at $25 and selling for $300 or so......

Wondering what angle he will use to extort this buyer (who probably isn't even real)......

I GOT IT! When the buyer tells Dave the part will not work, Dave will probably ONLY offer a refund if:

A) Buyer gets a notarized letter from an ASE certified technician.
B) Buyer pays a 25% restocking fee, as Dave's time is EXTREMELY valuable, and it takes time to put the part back in his shed.
C) Buyer covers return shipping, and eats 25.00 for the original shipping
D) Buyer agrees to buy mouse feces, and urine stained GTA seats for 450.00 + 150.00 "pack and ship" fees.
E) Buyer agrees to not call out "Dave"
F) Buyer proclaims, publicly, that 3rdgenparts is a real business, and that selling junk parts to those who know no better is actually noble.
And FINALLY
G) Buyer agrees to create 6 shill accounts on TGO, and imaginary transactions with Dave, saying he's a hell of a guy.

Last edited by Black00SS; 08-17-2018 at 09:23 AM. Reason: Misc
Old 08-23-2018, 06:06 PM
On Probation

Says the guy who was throwing a HUGE fit like a child cause I wouldn't sell him a stupid pw seat switch LMAO !!
Old 08-24-2018, 12:38 AM
Supreme Member

Received 348 Likes on 263 Posts
Car: 1984 Camaro Berlinetta
Engine: LT1
Transmission: T56 6-speed
Axle/Gears: 4.11 LS1 Rear End

Your really stuck on that Power Seat switch ,.......... ? For the record - so everyone can understand the kind of guy that you are - here is what 3rdgenparts is talking about.

Originally Posted by 3rdgenparts
Hi Again,

The last time you posted these for sale I had asked about buying just the control bezel & bracket. You replied that you didn't want to sell them because you didn't want to leave the seat without a controller.

Fast-forward till today.

While I assume that your reasoning will be the same, I'd like to make another request for that bezel/bracket...... I would like to know if you would be willing to trade the bezel and bracket for a LS Drivers side manual seat track. This would allow you to still have the (proper) seat track for these seats,..... + you would have a Power Seat motor that can be sold to anyone & I can finally get the bezel/bracket that I need.

Think it over and LMK.

Hi John
I appreciate the interest, But as you already assumed I'm still firm on keeping the seats the way they are to appeal to the $$right$$ buyer. As you know, Lier seats are not as common these days, Let alone POWER Lier seats And I do know that same bezel and bracket on these seats also work for the Recaro Seats Going to list seats on ebay today

Dave
I made - what I think - is a pretty fair trade offer with Dave thru PM. He wrote back 10 days later & once he sent his reply I never contacted him thru PM again - He said no, Period.

When I posted into his add for these seats ( over a month later ) it was because he finally posted a price and I couldn't rationalize his valuation. Here is the post where I guess became "the guy who was throwing a HUGE fit like a child cause I wouldn't sell him a stupid pw seat switch LMAO !! "

IMO hard to price these odd ball RARE seats

Let me help: The last pair I sold here on TGO was a perfectly good pass side and the drivers side had a couple small tears in the bottom bottom....... Price was $175 + shipping. I sold them at a fair price to help another member out; That's what this site is for. ( And why I was hoping you'd trade the switch for a manual seat track last year. )

https://www.thirdgen.org/forums/inte...s-contuer.html

You could have traded the switch with me for the manual track,... sold the power track to t/aws61985, and still had a pair of buckets with manual tracks to sell - everybody wins.

DUDE; you MUST know that $300 with an untested track is kinda' steep. (power and ground - REAL easy to test ) Recovering a pair of buckets will cost $bout' $500; Honestly; Who is going to throw over $1K (finished) on those 2 bucket seats; and still might need to buy another seat track ? Just being up-front with you Bro. @ $300/untested they are probably going to stay in your storage for a LONG time.
Now; take a deep breath and re-read that message Dave; You might just see that I was trying to do you a favor. I know what it costs to fully restore a set of seats, I know a fair price for these seats I have bought and sold around a dozen of them as a member. I never "came at" you and you were instantly offended and became belligerent.

That's NOT what this place is all about,... myself and other members here have tried to calmly reason with you over they years and it always devolves into you throwing around insults and assumptions. How do you expect the membership to respond to your antics ?? You are what you are - and we can all see you for what you are.

[/QUOTE]

Old 08-24-2018, 05:01 PM
Supreme Member

That's NOT what this place is all about,... myself and other members here have tried to calmly reason with you over they years and it always devolves into you throwing around insults and assumptions. How do you expect the membership to respond to your antics ?? You are what you are - and we can all see you for what you are.

Well said.
Old 08-24-2018, 06:04 PM
On Probation

Your really stuck on that Power Seat switch ,.......... ? For the record - so everyone can understand the kind of guy that you are - here is what 3rdgenparts is talking about.

I made - what I think - is a pretty fair trade offer with Dave thru PM. He wrote back 10 days later & once he sent his reply I never contacted him thru PM again - He said no, Period.

When I posted into his add for these seats ( over a month later ) it was because he finally posted a price and I couldn't rationalize his valuation. Here is the post where I guess became "the guy who was throwing a HUGE fit like a child cause I wouldn't sell him a stupid pw seat switch LMAO !! "

Now; take a deep breath and re-read that message Dave; You might just see that I was trying to do you a favor. I know what it costs to fully restore a set of seats, I know a fair price for these seats I have bought and sold around a dozen of them as a member. I never "came at" you and you were instantly offended and became belligerent.

[/QUOTE]

You can TRY and bend/minulaptle the truth John, I said NO MULTIPLE TIMES to your offer and you kept you kept PUSHING it and then started to HARASS me for buying parts at junkyards and flipping them on TGO, Like no one else on TGO has ever done it before lol

You also being a senior member John should know better when someone says NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO it means Nooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo !!!!!!!!!!!! and leave it at that. It does not mean you should start posting TRASH about someone cause that makes YOU look bad !!

The following below makes you out to be a HUGEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE hypocrite !!!

Who said I bought those GTA seats at a junkyard ????????????????????????????????????????????????

"Do as I say, not as I do" right John ?????????/

"John In Ri" wrote

Dave

Last edited by 3rdgenparts; 08-24-2018 at 06:09 PM.
Old 08-24-2018, 06:10 PM
On Probation

Well said.

Same goes for you Drew, MANY have PM'D me about you in the past in my defense

You are nothing but a TROLL !!!

Dave
Old 08-24-2018, 07:31 PM
Supreme Member

Yep, you're right. Sure are a lot of forum trolls out there that have been moderators, that have contributed tech articles, and submitted tutorials. I mean it's practically in the troll handbook to scan and post countless pages from service manuals, and GM reference materials to help other people. Weird how I've been on the forum longer than the forum software can remember and have over 16,000 posts of "nothing but troll(ing)" and yet I'm not the subject of MULTIPLE recent threads. This thread wasn't even about you, and yet here you are taking advantage of someone and posting your tired outbursts.

Sometimes Dave, you need to realize that when everyone around you seems to be an A-hole, sometimes YOU are the A-hole.

Have a nice day
Old 08-24-2018, 09:45 PM
JT
Community Administrator

Received 255 Likes on 184 Posts

Enough already.