Theoretical and Street Racing Use this board to ask questions about street racing, discuss your street races, and "who would win?" questions. Keep it safe.

going to sleep in a bad mood

Search this Thread

Old 06-05-2001, 01:32 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
going to sleep in a bad mood

It's one in the morning just sitting here on the comp, and i hear what sound's to be a race on tv . When i turn to see what it is, I see what seem's be a 70's charger with a blower being spanked by a neon green toyota or some **** and then the charger goes fling thru the air to meet it's fate as the neon thing does gloriously flying by.....WHAT THE F@$k IS THAT ****????
Old 06-05-2001, 01:53 AM

That would be the trailer for some new movie, can't remember what it's called. I saw the same clip in the theater, made me sad.
From what I saw, the theme of the movie is import racing. Get ready for a big wave of rice!

------------------
'83 Z28
305 4bbl
TH-700R4
3.23 posi (ok, L/S)
no mods... yet
Old 06-05-2001, 02:51 AM

The Fast and the Furious

Put your flame suit on ....it's hot in there.
Never seen so much BS in my life [Domestic AND Import side].

http://www.universalpictures.com/for...r=7&start=here

------------------
89CamaroRS
Power Rating: 1.21 Jigowatts
Mods:Flux Capacitor
Future Plans: Time Travel
Old 06-05-2001, 07:23 AM
uno

LOL what's up with that board?!?!?! It's a joke...LOL it's just a big argument board.. it's horrible...ricers are so dumb...they think their cars are so fast....LMAO oh well...everybody check out that board and see all the funny stuff they say that v8's suck and 4 bangers are faster without a doubt...LOL they're idiots...Later

------------------
1989 307 RS, soon to be 350.
1995 Red T-Top Camaro, 3.73 gear, F.I.P.K. K&N,Flomaster Cat-Back, Gutted Cat...Killer Stereo (Cerwin Vega and Sony Xplode)
Old 06-05-2001, 11:44 AM

Damn,i realy wanted to see that movie,But if it's primarily about a bunch of stupid imports and how fast they are,I'll definetley pass!

------------------
82 firebird with 305H.O.,Block bored .30 over,Keith black hyperutectic flat top pistons for 10 to 1 compression,Turned crank,Magnafluxed connecting rods,Melling H.V. oil pump,and double roller timeing chain,Ported and shaved heads w/3angle valve job,Z-28springs,Summit push rods and comp cams magnum roller rockers,Ported Edelbrock performer r.p.m.intake,Carter 625 afbcarb,Accell spark plugs,wires,and H.E.I.super coil,Heavy duty cap and rotor,Clevite performance cam with 450-460 inches of lift,Comp cams lifters,700r-4 tranny rebuilt with trans-go rebuild kit,corvette servo,New torQue converter,Flowtech headers,Flowmaster muffler,3.73limited slip rear end,Energy suspension bushings from front to rear,Energy suspension tranny mount,New center link,ball joints,trans-am steering box,ASP power pully.
Old 06-05-2001, 12:52 PM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
I gotta get my say in before this one is locked!
That movie looks kinda cool, Not that I endorse *****'s, But If I go see it I better see some ricers get thrashed by musclecars or I will demand a refund!
"The only import I would buy would be from Europe"

Now for my take.
Im sure that there is a conspiricy going on with that movie, Honda probably fronted the production money to increse sales.
As for this promo where the challenger with a blown hemi competing with a *****, No way! Hemi all the way, wouldent even be close! Thgat ***** wouldent even be able to see the challenger flip cause he wouldent be there.
I have seen some 9 second ricers and they have about 15 grand just in the engine. Hmm Merlin BB crate engines produce like 800hp and cost 5500$ and are just a fuel efficent as a 15000$ 4 banger, makes you think huh? "Of course that fuel economy sucks but your pushing some real power."
SSC

------------------
Next project, retrofit the primary propultion system from the ufo that didn't crash at Roswell into my camaro.

[This message has been edited by SUPER-SPORT-CHEVY (edited June 05, 2001).]
Old 06-05-2001, 01:37 PM
Supreme Member

Car Craft had a good point when they "reviewed" the Fast and the Furious. Detriot isn't making Challengers anymore, so blow up all the honda's you want, but leave the classic iron.
If you read some of the message threads on the link above you'll see that the domestic guys are mostly "winning". They're using numbers, and facts, while the ricers say we have small dicks. Wow, nothing can divide a hobby like the rice\domestic debate.
I love how the trailer describes the movie as involving "rival Street Teams"! Classic!! "Street teams" Hahahaha!
Some stupid writer has stumbled into something he doesn't understand.

------------------
No guts, no glory.
Old 06-05-2001, 01:42 PM

I used to own a 69 Charger and to see one being destroyed for a dumb movie infuriates me,especially a rice movie.
These cars are not that commen anymore thanks to the Dukes Of hazard,I heard that show wrecked at least two or three a show.What a waste of a beautiful car!!!!!!!!
Old 06-05-2001, 02:40 PM

Not that I street race my 91B4C that much but have yet to be beaten by a *****, and it only goes 14.1 , I beat a Honda V-tec on the freeway a few days ago. I would hate to see what would happen if I raced any real street driven ***** in my 67RS! hehe, how many 10 sec. street drive ricers are there, havent seen any yet. I think that movie is full of it! They can bring any of the "fast" ***** they used in the movie and I will run them in my "street car"!!! The only ***** to have a chance is a crotch rocket.

------------------
91 B4C 305 TPI - SOON TO BE 383
TREMEC 5-SP, STOCK 1-BOLT REAREAND w/342 GEARS
K&N, AIRFOIL
EDELBROCK HEADERS, DUAL CAT TO HOMEMADE Y-PIPE & 3.5" SINGLE PIPE W/ FLOWMASTER
CRANK PULLEY, MSD, FUEL PRESS REG
COWL HOOD, WELD WHEELS
14.1@ 98MPH
-------------
OTHER RIDE
67 CAMARO - STREET CAR
BIG BLOCK, PUMP GAS
350TH w/ATI 10"
12-BOLT w/373 GEARS
10.90s ON MOTOR - ET-STREETs w/MUFFLERS
Old 06-05-2001, 04:16 PM

<font face="Verdana, Arial" size="2">Originally posted by SUPER-SPORT-CHEVY:

As for this promo where the challenger with a blown hemi competing with a *****, No way! Hemi all the way, wouldent even be close! Thgat ***** wouldent even be able to see the challenger flip cause he wouldent be there.
I have seen some 9 second ricers and they have about 15 grand just in the engine. Hmm Merlin BB crate engines produce like 800hp and cost 5500$ and are just a fuel efficent as a 15000$ 4 banger, makes you think huh? "Of course that fuel economy sucks but your pushing some real power."
SSC
</font>
Actually the Charger is racing a Supra. I know I know..still not believable though. But here is the catch: THAT charger is pretty much more SHOW than GO. Its an 11 sec car which is VERY attainable for a Supra. It also has hydraulics to mimick a wheelstand. If the producers really wanted the Charger to run its potential.... with a car that looks like that..blower/fat meats/the assumption of a 426 HEMI...well they wouldn't be giving their TARGET audience what they want, which is the image that Imports Rule..even over BIG BLOCK domestics. It's just marketing.

I also *believe* the movie is backed by import tuners not Honda/Toyota/Nissan. I'll bet the majority of import owners *specifically ricers* will walk away from that movie believing that the Charger they just saw is pretty much a representative of a streetable Domestic at full potential. That equals.....mo money money mo money for import tuners since Mr. ***** thinks that domestics are easy to beat and he spends his money on go fast goodies.

Note: I am not calling all Import owners ricers. Know the difference! If you don't know the difference, chances are, you are a *****.

[This message has been edited by TriGenRS (edited June 05, 2001).]
Old 06-05-2001, 05:25 PM
Supreme Member

Received 43 Likes on 30 Posts
Car: 1987 Iroc
Engine: 357 Single plane and a Ysi vortech
Transmission: T56
Axle/Gears: 3.50 9"
Also, Car Craft(after reviewing the movie) said the Charger has a fake blower, wtf? Why cant they give the domestic car a chance. BUt whoever said the director/producer does not know anything about racing is right. Have you ever seen a car stand straight up, then burn the tires? I don't think so

Later

Chris

------------------
1986 305 TPI
8.0 @88 in the 1/8
**Soon to be 355
Old 06-05-2001, 07:24 PM

<font face="Verdana, Arial" size="2">Originally posted by NufNuffZ28:
t. Have you ever seen a car stand straight up, then burn the tires? I don't think so

Later

Chris
</font>
Acutaly Chris I have! Oncee at the track bandimer speedway one of the really hot 2nd gen camaros snaped the wheely bars on launch and it went in the air. It was hella cool but the driver wet his pants So would I.
SSC
Old 06-05-2001, 07:36 PM

well movies and video games are the only way ricers can beat us, so l say let them do it, but don't waste good cars
Old 06-05-2001, 08:57 PM

We've come a long way since "Mad Max"

------------------
1989 Trans Am, 305 TPI 5-speed, T-Tops(love 'em),4-wheel disc, 3.73 posi(the toy). '97 Camaro V-6 T-Tops(daily driver)
Old 06-05-2001, 10:44 PM

Well i'm gonna go check it out for a laugh and to see the charger smoke the hell out of the supra at launch, hopefully they will have other american car's in it ..
P.S If they have any third gen's in it i'll let you all know ,but chance's are if they are they will be getting spanked by super cool neon import's with about 3 or 4 hundred horse power worth of sticker's
Old 06-05-2001, 11:15 PM

LoL, all i have to say on the matter is, I'm going to the premier, and I'll be the first one outside sitting in my '01 Camaro SS waiting for all those ricers to come out thinking their some bad-@$$....

------------------
1988 Pontiac GTA 5.0 TPI *deceased*
*FOR SALE* MAKE ME AN OFFER
Mods: K&N Filter, Hypertech Air Foil, Hypertech Perf. Chip, 2.5in Flowmaster Muffler, Catco Hi-flow Cat
Maryland Int. Speedway Bracket Racing Trophy Winner
Best ET-15.32@88mph 2.077 60-ft.

*New for graduation*
2001 Camaro SS/6-speed

1979 Pontiac Firebird
301/2-bbl automatic
Dog slow, flowmaster true duals
Best ET-break out the hour glass
Old 06-06-2001, 04:02 AM

Car: '86 TransAm WS6
Engine: 305 TPI
Transmission: Custom TH700R4
Well, that does it.
Tomorrow I am going to lower my '96 Caravan, put a fart pipe on it and spank some Civics with my 3.8 liters of Detroit Iron!
Who's with me?

After that, I'm taking the T/A out to really waste some Ricers. Or maybe just listen to the tires chirp shifting into third at 80 mph. Nothing like watching an Integra fading in to the distance in your mirrors.

[This message has been edited by SpeedCat86 (edited June 06, 2001).]
Old 06-06-2001, 05:01 AM
Supreme Member

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
Car: '82 Z28
Engine: 350
Transmission: TH400 4,000 stall
Axle/Gears: Currie 9", 4.56 gears
The little rice group in the auto body and paint class I was taking was talking about this movie when info first started getting out. One of them just kept going on and on saying "hahaha look at your V8's carburetor and how small it is. How can it breath through that little thing?! I have 4 carbs, one for each cylinder! I can take your crappy American car no problem." I sheit you not, the kid did say all of that along with 3 of his buddies. Glad I don't have to put up with them any more, hate to see them once they see the movie. Next time I see him, all he'll be seeing is my taillights
Old 06-06-2001, 10:40 AM

the whole import scene makes me re-think my long standing rivalry with Mustangs. i'd rather drive the sh*ttiest 4 cyl rusted out mustang than ANY Honda or Acura. Toyota's arent THAT bad. supras are repesctable. some nissans too. i like cars, so do they, their scene is just more popular now. we had our time with muscle cars. just because we're in the shadow of that crap i wont complain. i know im better thats good enough. That movie was made for one reason, to generate ticket sales. since their stupid cars are popular now a movie full of muscle cars wouldnt attract the largest movie going audience - teenagers. but since im a teenager for another two months im going to go see it.
Old 06-06-2001, 10:36 PM

Racing is racing ,American or forein. The thrill come's when you put someone to shame ,whether it be a guy who's bragging about his v-tec , or a guy with his new ram air want's to play with his girl in the car then smoke his *** ,I love that.
Old 06-06-2001, 10:55 PM

Car: 92 Chevy 1500
Engine: 350 TBI
Transmission: TH-700R4
Robbob I heard somewhere that they went through 243 chargers in Dukes of Hazard.

------------------
91 RS 700R4. Open Element and Ultra Flow Muffler. ET 15.86

55 Chevy on 76 4x4 frame
Old 06-07-2001, 10:41 AM

dont we remeber gone in sixty seconds? Now every kid at my school is like i want a 67 Shelby gt500.....and im like you dont even know **** about cars, you cant even change your own oil......then i tell them its a fake and they wont beleive me......most movies use fakes on rare cars but the more popular ones(eg: chargers and ricers) they can blow to smithereens without anyone caring.

------------------
1991 RS LO3

RACECAR spelled backwards is RACECAR