Theoretical and Street Racing Use this board to ask questions about street racing, discuss your street races, and "who would win?" questions. Keep it safe.

Mustang vs. F-body

Search this Thread

Old 06-08-2001, 12:43 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Car: 1986 IROC-Z28
Engine: 305 TPI
Transmission: 700R4
Mustang vs. F-body

Anybody got some good stories bout smokin Mustangs? I know there has to be lots a good ones out there. I smoked an 89 GT last night by about 2 car length. Felt bad though, cause as we were slowing down, smoke began rolling out of his engine compartment. Guess he shoulda bought a Chevy.

------------------
86' IROC-Z
5.0L TPI
Spohn panhard bar and LCA's
Old 06-08-2001, 01:33 PM

I raced a 5 spd 97 GT last weekend with 3.73 Gears, dual exhaust, and a bunch of engine mods. He had Cobra badging on the car to fool the untrained eye. He came up beside me and reved his engine. (like I did'nt see him already) We slowed down to 10 MPH and hammered it. He pulled me a 1/2 a car length and then the torque of my 350 TPI pulled me even with him by 45 mph. By 60 mph I had him by over a 1/2 and by 80mph I had him by 1& 1/2 car lengths. After that first run he wanted a rematch. So we turned down a less used street. We both waited for the light to change and I took him out of the hole by a car length. By 80mph I had him by 3 car lengths and he figured that has all the beating he needed that night so he turned off with out even saying hi. Poor Mustang guys don't like to get their egos popped.

3.73 Geared Mustang to my 2.77 Geared IROC -Go figure

------------------
89 IROC-Z 5.7L
PERFORMANCE RESOURCE CHIP
K&Ns FILTERS
ALL FREE MODS
FLOWMASTER
2.77 Gears
Best E.T. 14.37 @ 95 MPH
Best 60ft. 2.07

[This message has been edited by whiteroc (edited June 12, 2001).]
Old 06-08-2001, 03:51 PM
Administrator

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Car: Red 87 IROC-Z28 T-Top
Engine: 5.7 Tuned Port Injection
Transmission: 700R4 Auto
Axle/Gears: BW 9-Bolt 3.27
LOL!! These are the kinds of posts that I like to see.

------------------
89 RS

Looking For:
87 IROC-Z28 350 TPI
Old 06-08-2001, 11:41 PM
Supreme Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Car: 1984 Chevy Camaro
Engine: Built L98
Transmission: T-56 6 speed
My friend has a 91 Turbo RX7 after spanking his car. He called his brother in law (fox body 5.0 w/ 5speed) and told him to race me. (his brother in law wanted to race me for awhile) anyways we started from rolling starts. Going maybe like 15 or so. He never let me come next to him though. He always started pounding it before me. But always I catched him. We raced twice from a stop light. He would always jump me on the launch (5speed vs. automatic) but soon after I zoomed by him. And keeped on pulling away from him. If we had more room to race I would have been damn far away from him. Cause with only a small strait away I got like a car ahead of him.

After taht I was at a stop light. And started driving normal suddenly there was a thunderbird tailing me. As soon as the right lane opens the thunderbird goes into that lane and pounds it. I hear the supercharger spool up. So I floor it (didn't down it, just floored it) and pulled away from him. Behind me was also the same 5.0 that I beat. I pulled away from both of them. And after I spanked both of their cars? the thunderbird guy yells at me. "FORDS RULE!!" hmmm....I spanked a your supercharged Thunderbird and the 5.0 with my RS! camaro. And your yelling ford rules? haha...oh well...

------------------
Chris
91 RS 305 TBI
Eternal Rev
Old 06-09-2001, 10:34 AM

NIce kills guys!

I was turning off Tyburn Rd onto US 1 South and waiting for traffic to clear so I could get on US 1, nort of Philadelphia, PA. When all of a sudden a SHARP looking Mustang sounding real mean pasted me. He looked real hard at me so I knew it would be game if I catch up to him and traffic clears out.
He weaved thru the traffic and I followed him. Then there was an opening! I put the car in 2nd for to keep the rpms above 2500 and pulled to the left lane and got next to him. He hit it and so did I! Man, I pulled so quick on him I have 3 cars on him by the time I shifted to 3rd. I let him catch up again and the same thing. He was racing cause I heard his engine rev up but he just didn't move as fast as me. hehe
Anyway I had to turn off and I waved to him and he did the same, That was cool.
By the sound of the stang I thought I was going to loose, guess not!

Then on the turnpike I was going to work and a 91 or 92 vette was driving by me and the fevil hit me to try to get this guy to race. So I pulled behind him and then got beside him and tried to get him to go. Nah, he didn't want to go so I hit it and then as I pull away he flashes his high beams. So I slow down and he catches up and from 60mph he hits it and he gets the back of his car to my front bumper! But I started to pull on him and then zoomed right by him!
We tried it 3 more times with the same result. That was fun and at least I can say I beat a Vette! Not modded but still a Vette!hehe
I did try to keep up with a turbo Porsche!
But when he hit it he was up 3 to 5 car lengths on me! Then, I think, he stayed at 130mph and I caught up to him and stayed even with him and then pasted him to show I could keep up with him if he wanted to go faster. He was laughing his *** off after the shock of me pulling away from him at 130mph was gone! And that didn't take too long!hehe.

------------------
89 IROC 350 Auto
Custom DUAL Exhaust
Edelbrock Performer 6085 Aluminum Heads
ZZ9 Cam
TPIS Level 5 Chip
And Free mods.

Moderator of http://www.iroczone.com

Member of JFA Crew
Old 06-11-2001, 08:24 PM

Car: 1985 Z-28
Engine: a big one
Transmission: 4 spd auto soon to be a 6 speed
LOL

ford guys are ALWAYS so ****y. A daughter of a richman wanted to race me with her mustang with a mighty mighty V6 and a slop-o-matic. I just laughed and said no. many many times have i seen her TRY to squeal her tires and all she gets is a chirp, then I scare her off with my massive burnout.

THEN there is a dork by the name of Eric Dorn. he has a 1998 camaro convertable with a cranked out (ie. stickers and K&N air filter) V6. anyway he said that his car could take on ANY car in the parking lot. my friends rippped into him for that comment. Man I hate that kid. He can only chirp his tires to show off.

This message is getting to long so I will stop now. Chevy's rule, yadda yadda yadda

later

andrew

------------------
1985 Z-28, 305 TPI
T-Top, grey
9-bolt with a spray-painted overhaul
gutted MAF, airbox, TB bypass
SEE YOU LATER INTIMADATOR
R.I.P. #3
Old 06-11-2001, 09:27 PM

Car: 87 trans am GTA
Engine: tesla permanent magnet
Transmission: 93 T-56
Axle/Gears: moser 12bolt w/ 3.73
i had to run to the discount auto parts up the road by my house and when i was cuttin' through the home depot parking lot to get to the light, sparky in a white coupe with a couple of his boys in it gave me a rev' so i throttled it a couple of times to get the *** loose (side to side gimmic) . that was all it took to get sparky to double back and get behind me at the light, so instead of going straight i turned right and moved over a lane , he got the message....lined up and dropped it so i nailed it by the top of 2nd i had a good 3 cars and by 3rd i was up to an easy 5 or 6 after passing by some traffic we ran from about a 45-50 mph roll and really ****ed him up bad ! it was a white coupe with drag lites a hood, tach, exh and who knows what ...all iknow is that sherlock assumed he was going to pound the hell out of another "slow 3rd gen" the best part of it is that he was the one who flexed up on me .

------------------
87GTA ,10.5:1,4-bolt 355,afr 190's, super ram ,stock poerted base,58mmTB,24 lb FMS inj. ed wright chip, .510/230 (nr) 1&5/8 hooker shorty's, flow master single 3", 2800 ameri-torque non lk-up, 3.73. best to date with stk 48mm tb and lack of traction in 1st gear netted me a 12.9 @110mph /91 TA daily driver LB9 A4 2.73,
Old 06-11-2001, 10:52 PM
Banned

When I race most Mustangs with basic bolt-ons, I leave them off the light usually by 1-3 carlengths.

Its only those with heads/cam/headers that make me look slow.....

I love it when the guys in the newer 4.6 GT's wanna race. It's like..."um dude...I know you just spent $23k on a pony car, but I know Hondas that are faster.."

You guys with auto's....get a stall converter...your Mustang opponents will be amazed at how you leave them standing at the light.

------------------
Mike L.

"If it feels good - stay in it "

1987 IROC Z TPI 350 A4 3.27 Borg-Warner.

Mods: 2300-2500 Stall Converter, Shift Kit(GM parts), TPI Specialties Stage 3 PROM, Modified Airbox w/ K&N's, Relocated MAT sensor, Gutted MAF, Accel 8mm Wires, bypassed TB coolant, Flowmaster 3 chamber single 3" in/out muffler, airfoil, Random Tech Hi-Flow Converter (soon to go byebye!). ALL STOCK otherwise.
http://www.MichaelLasiuta.home.att.net

**BOYCOTT LAPEER DRAGWAY**
Old 06-12-2001, 01:53 AM

Just to show you guys how pathetic Mustank owners are, my friend has a 94 GT 5/spd and he told my other friend which has a 95 Acura GS-R(who I spanked worst than i thought i would)that he knew that I would beat him because I was lying to them about my 305 been a 350. I guess he is just scared that he just spent 6K on a car that could get beaten by 170hp 2K car.

I want to race him later on when i get my L98 but for now let him be scared cuz' im pretty sure he could take me.

------------------
91 Camaro LO3 RS 5-spd
Open air element, 16in Chrm IROC-Z wheels, dual 30in chrm exhaust tips, Z-28 wing,ACCEL 8mm wires w/cap n rotor, K&N filter, flowmaster, headers in near future.

"Honda's are like Tampons...every p#$$y has one."
Old 06-12-2001, 07:23 AM

I beat a Lamborghini Diablo the other day. I guess it is because he was going the other way.

------------------
Flowmaster 80 series muffler
Gutted Cat
K&N Open Element cleaner
Ultimate TBI Mods
Subframe Connectors
GM Wonderbar
lead pedal foot . See my project rocket turtle @
http://oursportscars.homestead.com/home.html
Old 06-12-2001, 08:24 AM

I saw a race in Toms River NJ (where we go street racing) and saw a third gen camaro with a LS1 rip a supercharged 5.0. The camaro ripped him really bad. Plus he knew how to drive that car like a champ.

------------------
Steve
88 Firebird TBI(WS6),TH700R4 - Open Element, Cat Delete, K&N filter 14*4 element, American Thunder Flowmaster Catback Exhaust, 180 Stant thermostat, Accel cap and rotor